The CHIRPy Fluffy Cafe by Oculus

The CHIRPy Fluffy Cafe
Story concept based on the Purr Cat Cafe

~January 2027, Indiegogo ~

Hello New Suffolk, my name is Eleanor Strang, and I am the founder of the Chirpy Fluffy Cafe. I have been working to bring this fluffy cafe to life for 17 months now. This fluffy cafe is a really fun place where rescued fluffy ponies reside in the cafe. People can come and play with the fluffies and, best of all, all the fluffies at this cafe are adoptable.

We want to give back to the community as well. Chirp will offer fun and educational events with pilates and fluffy behavioural classes. Chirp will also be a means of brightening your day if you donā€™t have fluffies where you live.

A cage is no place for a fluffy. At Chirp you can enjoy delicious food and drinks while our fluffies roam freely. Our intimate setting will allow you you to get up close and personal with our fluffy friends, and they with you. Unfortunately, life hasnā€™t been kind to the fluffy ponies at Chirpy. Most have been abandoned and left to fend for themselves. The reality is this happens all the time. Most donā€™t survive the cold winters, and lack basic necessities such as food and water. Chirpy will not turn away these lost souls.

Every fluffy at the cafe will be fixed, vaccinated and live at the cafe until they are adopted. The cafe will be a safe environment for them, where their personalities will shine through.

Opening a fluffy cafe is very costly, and we could use your help. There are veterinary insurance, medical fees, and supplies such as litterboxes and food. There is also legal feels, construction fees, design fees and monthly rent. To open the door to Chirp we really need your help. weā€™re grateful for any contribution to Chirpā€™s success.

The fluffies and the Chirp team greatly appreciate your generosity. As a thank you we will have some amazing perks lined up for you.

Come meet the floofiest fluffies at Chirp!

~August 7 2027, Facebook~

Nugget hewe, Suffowk.
Fwuffy use thinkie pwaces and feew it appwopwiate for fwuffy to shawe CHIRPyā€™s bewiefs.

Da misshun of da CHIRPy Fwuffy Cafe am to gib nummies and nice houses to fwuffies in Co-ne-ti-kut.
Da fwuffies at da CHIRPy Fwuff Cafe wiww hab nice beddies and meet the nice mistahs and wadies.
Aww fwuffes wiww get wuv and huggies from foreba homes thru our pawtnewship rescue group.

CHIRP wiww stwive to pwovide wessons for fow aww da nice mistahs and missus.

Da huwd of da CHIRPy Fwuffy Cafe, am daddicated tu gibbing wuv and huggies tu AWW oā€™ ow fwuffies.
Da huwd know dat witā€™ thinkie pwacies, huwd can provide gib nice housies and nummies to fwuffies.

Huwd wiww pwovide a nice housie for fwuffies.
Hurd wiww gwow big and stwong for aww fwuffies.

Coo. Coo. CHIRPP!!

~August 7 2027, Nuggetā€™s Perspective~

>Fwuffy name am Nugget.
>Nugget nu wike mummah.

>Mummah once was nice whady. Gib nummies, wuv and huggies.
>But watewy, mummah gib nu wuv ow cawe. Mummah talk aww day bout ā€œstwessā€ and habbing thinkie pwace huwties. Fwuffy nu understand. Fwuffy am wondewing why mummah keep saying Chirp. Mummah talk wike a fwuffy, ā€˜ven thoā€™ mummah am a hummeh.

>Mummah nu give nummies. Mummah spend aww day tawkies tu udder hummehs on da fone. Mummahs awways angwy.

>Fwuffy wike when Fwowence visit. Fwowence am nice whady. But mummah nu wike Fwowence. Mummah gib Fwowence sowwy huwties. It am vew scawy.

>Fwuffy nu suwe wat tu do. Fwuffy am scawed.

~August, a few days earlier, Florenceā€™s perspective~

I am getting sick and tired of Elle.

I joined a few months back. I had heard about Elle starting a fluffy cafe in the area, and when I heard there was vacancy for the general manager, I leapt at the chance. How could I not? I love fluffies, and I had dedicated my life to studying them. But its become increasingly clear why the previous manager had quit.

Most of the team have distanced herself from her. Its been that way because, every time we try to give her advice, she refuses to take it, and will even insult us, and, when we criticize her, she claims that she is being bullied. It becomes even more annoying when she pretends to be a fluffy and goes ā€œNu huwt fwuffy! Am onwy a wittwe babbeh!ā€ For God sake, Elle, youā€™re a grown woman. Not even adult fluffies call themselves 'babbehs".

We were supposed to work with the a local rescue group, but the group refused to supply fluffies when they saw the state of the cafe. The current state of cafe is deplorable. No beds, blankets or pillows, no hiding places, no cages, hardly any toys, no blockies, no televisions, *nothingā€. Most of the toys that I can get is for Elleā€™s Nugget, and that came out of my own pocket. Elle is spending more money on decorations and alcohol, when she was supposed to get a fluffy-friendly television a week or so ago.

Iā€™m worried for Nugget. Elle hasnā€™t been feeding him regularly as of late, and heā€™s been looking a bit miserable. Sadly, she is Elleā€™s owner, and there is nothing I can do. Just the other day, when I mentioned that fact to her, she punched me, and in that sickening voice said ā€œgib dummeh sowwy huwtiesā€

Well, if thatā€™s how you want to play Elle, then fuck you. Iā€™m quitting. And Iā€™m going to tell everyone on facebook about the state of your cafe. Including the basement. Stop acting like ā€œa wittwe babbeh.ā€

~August 27, CHIRPyā€™s facebook page~

Hello everyone,

There has been a lot going on with CHIRPy recently! In the past month, we have moved away from previous partnerships, and worked towards forging new relationships. We have also learned a great deal about what it takes to bring an amazing idea such as PURR to the community.

Needless to say, it has been a learning experience for us all. With this message, we hope to start anew and take a step in the right direction, acknowledging where we have been, and hoping to move forward. In recent weeks there have been posts that were not becoming of a professional organization, and we would like to acknowledge that. Moving forward, we hope to regain the trust of the community through transparent communication and carrying ourselves with a professional demeanor.

In the coming days you will see old material being removed from our sites in an attempt to standardized our message across platforms and ensure that no misleading information regarding previous partnerships is still lingering. With this, you may see posts deleted; however, we assure you that we do not do so in an attempt to silence your voice. Rather, we are hoping that as we move forward you all will come with us and continue to share your voice and ask the important questions. If we have learned anything from this endeavor it is this - it takes many people, all with different skills and experiences to complete a mission such as this. At the core of all our work, we are placing the welfare of the animals as our top priority. In following posts, we will be providing updates as we finalize and solidify our partnerships, and work towards completing our residential space for our feline companions.

We thank everyone who continues support us, as well as those of you who have asked us the hard questions. As much wiser people than we have said before, we only grow from our mistakes - as this is where the true lessons are learned. We encourage you to send in your questions, post on our threads, and continue to challenge us to be the best organization that we can be. Once again, in the case that your comments or questions are lost in the upcoming restructuring, we encourage you to repost, and share these with us so we may address any and all concerns.

This is a new day for CHIRPy, and we are excited for you all to move forward with us!

• The CHIRPy Team

Comments:

>Megan Oak, 11am, yesterday: A previous member of your team, Florence, mentioned that the basement was lackluster and not ready for fluffies to live there. Has anything been done about that?
>----CHIRPy Fluffy Cafe, 11:30 am, yesterday: Why yes, we are currently improving the basement are as we speak. No fluffies will be placed at the basement yet, as we have yet to get a FluffTV installed in the area, and we still need the amenities. We will be installing a fluffy door that will ensure that fluffies can retreat to a saferoom if they do not wish to be around patrons any further. We will provide a photo of the revamped basement tomorrow. Thank you Megan for expressing your care and concern about the welfare of the cats at CHIRPy. We are on the same page regarding their welfare and safety.

>Lana Castell, 7pm, today: You promised Megan that you will be posting pictures of the new basement today, yet I do not see any pictures being posted.

~A few hours later~

Hewwo, Suffowk mummahs and daddehs.

Nugget hewe. Nugget am a good fwuffy. Mummah Ewwe wuv hew widdwe babbeh, Nugget.

Mummah Ewwe wuv fwuffies, anā€™ mummah wescue Nugget from meanie munstah daddehs. Buā€™ sadwy, dewe awe many meanies anā€™ nasties dat huwt mumma. Wosta munstahs.

Appawentwy, Suffowk havā€™ wots of stuppeh dummehs and meanie munstahs.

So, Nugget wiww say da twuth.

ā€œSuffolkā€™s Fluffy Rescue was not a registered shelter in the state of Connecticut.ā€

Mummah Ewwe towd me dat. Mummah Ewwe so smawt. Mummah Ewwe wiww not work with dummehs at Suffowk Fwuffy Wescue. Awe da Suffowk mummahs and daddehs oso smawt? Fwuffy hope so.

>Eliot Rodgers, 12am, today: And this is the reason why I kill fluffies. Nothing brings more satisfaction to me than bringing up my gun to a fluffy forehead and blowing its brains out. I feast upon the tears of retards like you who love this fucking things.
>----CHIRPy Fluffy Cafe, 12:30 am, today: 'Stuppeh meanie! Nugget nu wike! Fwuffy wiww wepowt munstan tu powice, and dey gib munstah poopies! Nugget am onwy a widdwe babbeh!'
>--------Florence, 1am, today: Elle, responding to obvious trolls is not really going to help you.

References

6 Likes

An story concept that I was working on in June, which I eventually abandoned. The story of the Purr Cat Cafe was already a rather tumultuous affair, revolving around a woman who had the seemingly noble goal of starting a Cat Cafe in Boston, but was soon proven to be unstable. Aside from applying fluffies to the story to explore some concepts, the story was also an attempt to do something similar to my earlier Genecco fluffies idea. Alas, the story of the Purr Cat Cafe is complex and long, and after a while it seemed to daunting to continue. That said, I decided to upload what I have written so far for feedback.

I might try the concept again in future if I ever find the time for it.

I decided to try out the formatting of the FC site for this story concept. People who want to read the original version, which was a greentext, can read it on pastebin.

4 Likes

Poor Nugget.
So, what Iā€™m hearing is that the PURR people, and by extension Elle, went Amyā€™s baking company level nuts in a hurry.

God damn it yes, the realism is so great here I can taste it. No doubt others would project their own feelings through fluffies.

2 Likes

If by Elle I think you mean Diane Kelly, and you could say that, yes. It was worse in PURRā€™s case because they were technically claiming to be a cat shelter when Diane Kelly didnā€™t have the permit or license to be one. She clearly didnā€™t seem to know what she was doing, and a rather unfortunate incident later in the case, while not fault, reads like something she could have prevented.

I really want to do this story but with fluffies but thing is, the original case was already fascinating to read through - just going through the imgur alone took me two hours. Knudesenā€™s documentary, while, missed out things like the time Diane got an alt-right guy to help promote his cafe. If I ever attempted to do this again, I might have to focus only on Nugget and his perspective, but I might miss out on some of the more interesting stuff.

Itā€™d be a very big udnertaking, and Iā€™m kind of doing two big projects already (one being the Sam Adams Guide the other being Avocado)

2 Likes