The Christmas Fluffy (artist_jberg360)

Here is mine.

Cause it’s true.

1 Like

When has anyone ever?

1 Like

Ever what? Allowed religious Christmas? Not in a long, long time.
I mean, it’s either secular or nothing.

The moron box here is definitely the humans. Basic fluffy knowledge is they are claustrophobic.

2 Likes

Bullet sees a crying fluffy covered in shit and picks it up
Bullet: cool free snack

That’s the thing. It isn’t just a toy. It’s an animal. Kids play with puppies and kittens every day, but we understand that they are poor animals who don’t understand the world around them. The same applies to fluffies.

1 Like

That’s just your headcanon, though. In many fluffy canons fluffies are toys, and kids certainly mistreat their toys.

2 Likes

They are living beings, even if they are legally toys or soap or whatever, it’s obvious to a casual observer that they are a pet.

There is no one on earth who picks up one of these talking breathing creatures and doesn’t understand it’s alive like a puppy or kitten.

Careful, or @Oculusfluffy is gonna have to tap the sign at you, and take it from me. You don’t want that.

1 Like

I suppose you could look it both as being ill prepared for a pet or like buying a game pass for a game and system they don’t own.

1 Like

/>Pinging my name on an abuse post of all things

sigh

While I get where you’re coming from @anon7816926 , I’m going to have to partially go with @DonovanDuBois on this one. Yes, it is true that a definition of whether a fluffy is animal or a toy is a matter of headcanon, and a reason why I wrote an essay on it. However, that doesn’t mean that I think that Donovan’s approach is any less valid than yours.

See, I am quite empathetic to fluffies. And even in my essay, one could argue that fluffies are really closer to an animal in a lot of canons, since being an actual toy would require it to have actual programming like a replicant from Blade Runner. I don’t think many people actually go that far with the justification and handwave it to “programming”, which is my own criticism of the approach and the genre. I’ve seen someone like Meh actually justify that approach, but I cannot really say the same for others.

That said, I usually prefer to avoid doing this kind of reasoning on an abuse comment because I know its not what some people are hare for. Its also why I believe that responses to hugbox posts should be kept clean, just like under the subreddit. Our community has always been divisive, so I do ask that people respect each other’s views.

Ramadan was in April, my friend. The festival of the Eid follows the Lunar calendar and is not a winter event. Its occurrence at Christmas is not regular, speaking as someone with Muslim friends. Also I haven’t really seen anything quite like what you’re describing, even in my overly PC country.

I kinda do. I think its still possible.

2 Likes

“When has anyone ever?” Was ment as a response to “You’ll have the PC police all over you like ugly on a football player, and forced to take it down immediately.”

They responded to the other part and figured it might be troll bait an left it.

Growing up Christian I heard a lot of talk of the “war on Christmas/Christians” in the USA and looking at it now it think a lot of it was puffed up nonsense. Public schools not preforming the nativity is more of a shift in a populations beliefs than an attack on the religion IMHO.

If someone wishes me a good day for whatever religion or holiday belief, I thank them.

3 Likes

So its okay for you to hassle me when I say the poopie and enfie babies shouldn’t be canonical, but its fine for…

You know what, i know you know this is BS. “Fwuffy nu am toy. Fwuffy am awive!” Is one of the oldest mottos of fluffydom, along with “fuck you, that’s why”. The idea that fluffies aren’t considered alive is fundamental to the whole concept. You’ve been in the community too long not to know this.

And what really pisses me off is that I don’t even agree! I think its blatantly obviously that fluffies are alive! But I’m not going to claim that is universal canon, because it isn’t, and never was. That’s the whole point of the sign, there is no universal canon!

But apparently your opposition to a universal canon only applies when you dont like the proposed universal canon (i.e. my suggestion that fluffydom would be better off without poopie and enfie babbehs), you’re fine with a universal canon when you agree with it. (I.e. it has always been universally accepted that fluffies were alive and not biotoys).

Tch, I’m such a fool, I thought for sure you and I would be on common ground here, this is such blatant disregard for the way fluffy lore developed. Turns out you’re a bloody hypocrite.

4 Likes

I’m down with: fluffies are totally alive and have a sort of biological AI which makes them self aware human creation. They are legally toys, adopted like pets and like humans looking to their creator for purpose and meaning and get only reactions of regret and cruelty as a response.

But in the end they are just ideas and don’t exist beyond the stories and art created for them.

1 Like

I believe you are misrepresenting and misinterpreting what I said on this post. It was not my intention to hassle you, I just said you don’t have to accept something as a canon if you disagreed with it. For the record, yes I do think that the fluffydom would be “better off without poopie and enfie babbehs” but what I’m saying is that you don’t have to be beholden to that hivecanon/lore if you dislike it. I choose to ignore it myself. Its why I stressed that it isn’t universal canon.

Its similar to the statement of “fluffies aren’t considered alive is fundamental to the whole concept.” I disagree with that myself, and its been my approach to a lot of the stories I write. Again, I don’t think it should be a universal canon any more than the previous statement, I think people should be free to go with the canons and ideas they want when it comes to fluffies.

I’m only human.

1 Like

Oh, I know Ramadan varies from season to season…I was just using it as an example of how SJW’s show how (hypocritically) accepting they are of other religions, yet they try to put the kabosh on christianity.

I actually like the Yule season, (believe me, I LOVE Christmas parties!) But the secularism leading up to the day I can do without, along with news reports of riots breaking out over the last hot toy on the shelf.

It just comes from my own toxic upbringing.

1 Like

I hope Timmy’s satisfied with whatever was second on his list.

1 Like

Suspiciously brown socks.

2 Likes

Dann thing won’t be missed anyway.

I’d classify this as “dumb-human” as well. They did zero research before buy it, and thought boxing up an animal wouldn’t cause a mess if they didn’t know they were put inside one.