The Devil's Daughter Ch. 1 [By BFM101]

Still I find it oddly satisfying to know the line continues.

2 Likes

Well, Crimson’s mental trauma, diet, and lifestyle can have an actual effect on his genetics through hormones. My guess would be that in theory all fluffies are capable of the change that Crimson experienced, but the failsafes that Hasbio included in fluffies cause them to “break” in a fatal way long before the change can happen. Crimson being able to survive may include a rare genetic mutation that would be able to passed along. Couple the genetic component of being able to survive like this with the changes in Crimson’s genetic material from a hormones shift mean a rare chance exists

Lastly, couple it with the fact Scarlett is identical in type, color, and appearance it may mean that everything aligned perfect for this outcome because the window for it is so narrow.

2 Likes

Tl; dr because the plot demanded it.

Sorry, I simply am not into the “one in a million thing happened, what were the chances?”

Well, making her either X or Y might already separate her from her father.

Either she’s a full blown sociopath OR she is a proficient killer.

I get that Crimson (for whatever reason I do not get, but that is on me since I cannot really love that archetype of character and usually just magdump them in whatever rpg I lay my hands on) is well loved around here, but you had given him an arc from start to finish, only to pull off something that looks to me like you going “Sike, you thought the sociopathic, undefeatable (bar that one exception), foul-mouthed hellgremlin was dead, but here’s his genderbent clone, who is just like him because the plot demands it!”

QUICK PSA:

This is merely my opinion on the matter. It shouldn’t have any bearing on YOUR works, unless YOU want it to.

With that in mind, it is not set in stone: further development of her character might cause said opinion to change, or it might not, it is irrelevant. What’s important is that this is YOUR show and yours alone. I am still going to stick around regardless, because I like your writing.

(Felt like I had to point this out to avoid people going “If YoU Don’T LIke It, LeaVe”. Just because I criticize a single aspect of an artists’ work, doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy their works.)

1 Like

Love Scarlett and can’t wait to see more of her! This fic was my gateway fic into the world of Josef & Crimson lol. I’ve legit been reading your fics for two weeks straight since this one, and I’m impressed by how you can have such large yet memorable casts. Hoping to have time to do some fanart soon!

1 Like

Glad you’re enjoying it, would love to see what you come up with

I WISH I had that image of that talk show host in mid jump with her hair flung around as she’s surpised.

Scarlett my beloved next to crimson.

1 Like

My suspicions were justified. :slight_smile:

1 Like