The Future of FC

It sucks for the loss of Virgil to be sure, but mechanically the website should function the same as always. It’s entirely possible that it might be slower or faster than usual, I’m unfamiliar with our current hardware specs in detail, but if need be we can easily upgrade since the server I’m renting is virtual so it should be fairly simple to upgrade

10 Likes

My save game load analogy is even more apt now.

5 Likes

I have died from a retarded foaming pony that bit my leg cause me to foam from my mouth.

Hey now that im thinking this could a good fluffy apocalypse story

2 Likes

Guess its time to reboot @DaddyFluffy_Was_Hooman and load the last save.

3 Likes

Yeah Reboot Me real hard~ :smirk:

2 Likes

A hard reboot it is.
…Well shit the last save is 5 hours old there goes my progress !

2 Likes

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

And I’m already pretty corrupt

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. That gives me a chance to make a backup of my own stuff for maximum redundancy.

Hope everything goes well with the migration. I’m not personally particular about the domain name. Fluffycommunity serves well enough but it’ll be cool to see some of the options. Has the price of domains gone up in general recently or is this just the registrar twisting the money screws?

Anyway, if you find yourself ever needing another pair of volunteer IT hands, I’d be happy to help out.

Good luck and never test your code in production! :hippopotamus:

9 Likes

Bold of you to assume I test my code

12 Likes

It gets tested though use, in the true tradition of video game development !

5 Likes

Even bolder to assume it’s yours! Just run someone else’s. Easier to blame them in the aftermath.

5 Likes

Just blame the users, that’s what happens with video games.

6 Likes

Aw, I wish Virgil good luck with anything he encounters in the future. He was a great mod, and we’ll all miss him!

Also, hi! I hadn’t met you before, so it’s nice to meet you.

I’m alright with just about any domain, as long as we have a sort of community anywhere. All of this sounds so exciting!

My own url idea is “huggiesandhuwties.com”. Not sure if it’s fluffy-related enough, though.

11 Likes

sees post about site shutting down

Ugh… ill start copying and pasting, and saving stories and pictures…

5 Likes

Migrating, not shutting down.
It wont be a catastrophic failure, just moving the database\back up.

6 Likes

wand.ie

2 Likes

I like Hasbio.com for a new address.

3 Likes

I’m not too bothered either way with the URL, as long as the site is maintained.
I think fluffy-community.com would be a good replacement URL, especially if it is going to cost you half as much with a dash.

5 Likes

I vote to keep the old name with a hyphen thrown in. Speaking of which, we can use our current names when we make our future profiles, right?

4 Likes