The man named Skip (that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of A step in the right direction by(that1hugboxer)

You are Duncan. The online betting pool run by Femi has gone from sadistic mind games to an outright death warrant . In lieu of this you have had to start conceal carrying again. You already have the permit but you typically don’t carry unless there’s an emergency .a couple of years back you bought a coonan 1911 chambered in 357 magnum, You’ve been carrying that. The police took down the site but it’s done little to stop people from coming after you . Thankfully Vicky Vanderholt has had more than enough of this. She calls in a favor with some private contractors and now you have a mercenary as your private bodyguard. Skip as he’s called is a bit of a jokester but Vicky assures you he’s more than capable. Skip has redish brown hair , large alert eyes, a furrowed brow and a jawline so chiseled you’d swear he was straight out of a late 50s early 60s painted advertisement. He wore a navy blue three piece suit with a white collard shirt ,a bolo tie ,black dress shoes, red king cobra cuff links and a white wide brimmed he accompanies you into the daycare, and hangs out near the check in counter while you work. you see Zuri Clay one of your coworkers approach skip and strike up a conversation. Switch perspective you are skip . As you wait near the entrance for Duncan to finish working you hear a woman’s voice.

“Heyyy.”

You look up and see a tall rail thin black woman in jeans , a light blue polo shirt, white converse sneakers and a pink flat top cap .

“Oh hey Ms Clay. It looks like I’ll be here up front with you again. I hope that’s not a problem.”

Zuri smiles.

“No problem at all.”

Zuri leans over the counter resting her elbows on the counter and her chin in the palms of her hands.

“So Skip your a bodyguard right?”

“Yes Ms Clay.”

Zuri giggles.

“You don’t have to call me Ms Clay.”

“What would you like me to call you?”

“You can call me anything you want. (Wink)”

“I think I’ll stick with Ms Clay.”

Zuri pouts playfully.

“ You’re no fun.”

“Anyway Ms Clay why did you ask about me being a bodyguard?”

Zuri leans in close and whispers in your ear.

“It’s a scary world out there. A woman like me could use the protection of a strong man like you.”

You hand Zuri your business card.
“I charge by the hour ,by the day or by the year . I charge $34 an hour or $410 dollars a day. Unless you are contracting my services for an entire year in which case that would be a flat fee of $100,000.”

Zuri does her best to look cute.

“That’s a lot of money Skip. You wouldn’t happen to have a Girlfriend discount would you?”

You chuckle.

“I try my best to keep work and personal life separate.”

“That’s too bad.”

Zuri smiles and leans in for a kiss.

You dodge the kiss and grab her hand as she tries placing something in your pocket.

“Open your hand.”

Zuri tries to play scared.

“Skip you’re hurting me!”

“Open your hand now!”

“Ok! Ok! Just stop crushing my hand!”

Zuri opens her palm to reveal a small tracking device.

“Do you honestly think you’re the first woman to try that?”

“It was worth a shot.”

You lean in and whisper in her ear.

“While I am on this property I will speak and be cordial but if you approach me outside of this setting. I will shoot you on sight. Is that clear?”

Zuri starts to sweat.

“Come on. Skip baby. I’m just trying to make a little extra cash. There’s no need to take it that far.”

You pat her on her back and smile.

“Everyone needs a meal ticket. But if you plan on messing with someone else’s , you better be prepared for the consequences.”

The rest of the day is filled with awkward conversations.

Eventually Duncan leaves work and you accompany him home.

“So Skip how’d things go with Zuri?”

“Not great.”

“That’s a shame man you two would have made a great couple.”

You notice a car following you and Duncan.

“Hey Duncan you wouldn’t have happened to let Zuri hug you before we left did you?”

“I didn’t exactly let her hug me she just rushed me.”

“Well that complicates things.”

4 Likes

By the way this is the skip

IMG_3101

2 Likes

Something truly life-destroying needs to happen to Femi and her flying monkeys.

2 Likes

I already have her demise planned out and it’s on par with the ark of the covenant scene from Indiana jones

2 Likes

YES. And now I need to watch that movie again. Classic Indy is best Indy.

1 Like

I’m just picturing her as cobra commander

1 Like