The New Royal Family, Part 1 (ElementAurix)

The country of England had been left in mourning, the loss of their most beloved Queen left them reeling. She had been old for quite some time so it shouldn’t have been surprising but that did little to soften the blow to the citizens.

It had been a couple of days so many wondered when her eldest son would officially be crowned King, much to their displeasure. He and, just recently, his family have never been well received, lacking the thoughtfulness and charisma the late Queen held.

There was word though that the Queen had made a video with her final thoughts and farewells to her people and it would be broadcast in mere moments. There would be few eyes in the country not glued to a TV screen and it was likely that many around the globe would be watching and talking about this for the days to come.

The royal family had been gathered, including many distant cousins, their reactions to also be broadcast during the event as a symbol of unity. Even the Queen’s beloved Pembroke Welsh corgis, dorgis, and fluffies were brought to attendance.

Chitter-chatter dies down as screens around the world come to life with the image of the Queen. “My dear citizens and people near and far, I’m sure it is evident and well known to all that I have passed away. My time and experience has been long and fruitful with the great country of England finding its greatest time and prosperity.”

Continuing, the Queen says, “But times have changed and our country has evolved, I have made sure that the power in the country has moved away from the monarchy and to the hands of the people, through Parliament. The royal family now acts as a figurehead, by design.”

Many of the royal family nod in acceptance, a few dabbing tears, some real and some fake, away as they watch.

“Now, to address the topic I’m sure many have been discussing, the delays with the ascension. It is well known to me the people’s opinion of my family and frankly, I agree. That is why I hereby decree that all of my family and related lines of succession are void and done away with.”

Several shouts of outrage by the royal family, mainly from the prince, erupt in protest while the rest sit in stunned silence.

As if knowing the response, the Queen stays quiet on the video for a couple minutes as she drinks a bit of tea. A smile forms as she begins to speak again, “A list of property and assets will be assigned to my dearest and most undeserving family, but let it be known now that I will be leaving most to the country’s next ruler. That is right, the monarchy will hold strong. We may be a figurehead but it is one the people have loved and hold in high regards.”

At this point, several of the more distant relatives in attendance get visibly hopeful as the video continues, “Unfortunately, my lineage is seen as annoying with little redeeming qualities so instead I will name someone who might be seen as annoying but that is cute and well-mannered.”

All the while a large, well-groomed alicorn steps forward from the line of fluffies to the small raises area up front. His coat is a vibrant red with a pure white mane and tail, its wing’s feathers and horn a beautiful dark shade of royal purple.

The prince jumps to his feet, nearly foaming at the mouth with righteous indignation as he yells, “This is preposterous, she has no right to take what is mine! …And to give it to a shitrat!”

“Your new King, by the Queen’s royal decree…Reginald Fluffbottom of House Windsor.” The Prime Minister steps forward placing a small crown on the alicorn’s head.

Several former royal family members attempt to rush the stage only to be rebuked by the Queen’s Guard that had been readily standing in place.

Reginald speaks up, “Pwease cawm down and cowwect yusewves. I heweby accept tha position and sweaw tu ruwe faiwwy and in tha same manneh as Qween Mommah.”

The room grows silent and in the distance a chant can be heard growing louder by the second…”Long live the King!”

(This is an idea I found funny and interesting, so I just had to make it a reality. If it is well received or I get inspired again I’ll continue it.)

9 Likes

AWW
King Reginald Fluffbottom, I will follow TO the ends of this Earth, HE IS SUCH A CALM FLUFFY
‘Calm down and collect yourselves.’
Love it, King Reginald, I will die to protect.

2 Likes

Hm.
I’d say the ruling party would likely celebrate Abusers with dogwhistles, so the divide on Fluffies can be added to the list of bullshit the UK is pretending is just fine while it steadily worsens.

3 Likes

Whose a good King? You’re a good King.

The monarchy has basically just been a mascot for England for years, time to step it up a notch. :slight_smile:

I giggled the whole time I wrote this story.

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping they pull a Habsburg and keep the Alicorn Allicorn in the family.

So happy to see this come to fruition.

4 Likes

Thank you for helping with the inspiration for it. I wouldn’t have had the idea without you.

2 Likes

Of course, glad you’re inspired. More stories to read.

2 Likes

This is intriguing. I want more.

1 Like

Well, I might have to revisit this and continue it now.