The Pack- unoffial log, weeks 5, 6 and 7 (4) by Shadowfox

Week 5.
No major updates. Renovation of larger playroom and the individual saferooms has started, as well as the garden and fencing. Dave had the brilliant idea that his investments would be better off if there was someone always on site. Since he maintains that I’m the only person on staff trusted with the non expendable stock… I am now on call from now until forever. In exchange for that, I get a tiny bedroom and en suite of my own between what will be the main Alpha stock rooms, with a mini fridge, microwave, and an electric kettle. And access to the kitchen. ( the one with freezers filled with fluffy bits and a butchering corner with a floor drain.)
George managed to score a handful of Tv’s from Craiglist, and I brought both of mine. I’ve still ended up spending even more time with the fluffs until the internet, Netflix, and FluffTV streaming subscription are properly set up.
(We’re halfway through season one of MLP off my phone. Glory has started trying to sing along with the theme song. Foxfire breaks into “gigg’a at the ghosties” every now and then. Aurora is entranced by Celestia, and has been making noticeable efforts to play nicer with everyone. Rook seems highly disappointed no one has died in the show yet, and that Trixie got away without even “Sowwy hoofies fo’ da stupi’ meanie.”)

Week 6.
Getting the fluffs used to sleeping in separate rooms, away from the playroom, is fun (/s.) Separate crate “nesties” established as their own spaces helps, but Foxfire has been sniffling and mumbling “wan’ Wook fo’ fwuff piwe” under her breath. No attempts to get around me, no actual requests once I said no. She’s just being quietly unhappy in her own crate and hugging a stuffie.
Rook isn’t thrilled either, but is…
He just said “Otay, mummah. Jus’ miss fwuff piwe. Wuv ou.” and went to his crate to circle into his nestie. I can’t even… He’s breeding stock, not sale, at least. It isn’t like they have any other humans looking after them. (he might be breaking my poor little goth heart a little. I know, don’t get too attached. Little late, maybe.)
To be fair, it’s just the boys in one room and the girls in the other, and I haven’t locked them into the crates at night yet. But Glory and Aurora seem to like sleeping in their own nesties.
In other news, Aurora has started asking when the next ‘sketti day’ is, and Glory wants to know if there’s sketti at the “Gwand Gawping Gawa”. ( I must debate whether this is worth the two minutes of video I have of the four of them singing “Wintah Wap up” with all the joy of a room full of kindergarteners. Even George and Kal say that’s freaking cute, Dave. It was less so an hour later, yes, but I showed them the song, and have only myself to blame.)

Week 7.
The secondary rooms, all easily washed down and stain resistant, have been set up. The Feeder fluffies will be moving in, which means more things to keep track of. But it also means the part time employees coming in to help look after them since I can’t’ be in three places at once. Actual. In-person. Employees. Human conversation. I’ve been here on fluff duty alone for two weeks now, but next week I can talk to a not fluffy again!
(Don’t get me wrong, Dave. I like this job, I like the demonfluffs. But even this lot aren’t really conversationalists, and the video meetings and text chats with your side of things aren’t the same as breakroom socialization.)
The secondary kennel rooms used for the non Alpha stock are connected to the shoddier part of the yard. Good enough to count as free range, and that pen can be let into the part being set up for the alpha stock to exercise in when full grown/ more populated, to give them more enrichment in hunting their own food. The fence between them is chain-link, so both sides can see the other.
The Alpha side has been set with much lusher sod, third hand toddler safe play areas. (Kal’s aunt wanted them out of her shed. Little repair, little cleaning, and they look good enough to show off for customers. The demon fluffs are meant to be alicorn smart at least, so they should be able to manage under supervision. Got a playhouse, a little set of tunnels and steps, a castle patterned slide and bridge thing, all in washable plastic and set on rubber mats. I foresee much squealing and joy when they get turned out here.) On that note, is there a consensus on whether this litter’s introduction to other fluffies should be individual or as a pack? The cameras are delivered and charged either way.
It should go well. I let them have a supervised exploration of the facility and the kitchen has much less of a mouse problem now. They really like hunting.

First- The Pack- because what we need is more fluffies bred to eat other fluffies. (1) by :Shadowfox
Previous- The Pack- Semi- official log weeks 3 and 4 (3) by:Shadowfox
Next- The Pack- Semi-official log notes, week 8, (part5) by: Shadowfox

8 Likes

I can see this going well, and oh so horribly wrong

4 Likes

Oh, six of one and half dozen of the other, I’d say.

1 Like

Is it alright if I make my own demonfluff?

2 Likes

Absofucking lutely. Write or draw it up and I’ll work a mention in when the first sale litters show up if you want.

Summary

most of the next generation is going to be more like Glory and Rook than anything else. Cloven hooves, wings just big enough to hit things with like a small goose, maybe glide a teeny bit, horns longer and sharper than usual unicorn fluffies. only having one of those is as possible as staying alicorn shaped. Some of the next two litters, (the surrogates for which will show up by week 10) have curved horns or kirin like fringed tails, so those are options as well.
These are just the current guidelines I’m using, and if you want them to look more like Foxfire or Aurora instead, that works too!

1 Like

:smiley: Thanks! I’ve already started drawing one but wanted to check to see if it was alright.

2 Likes