The Problem With Fluffies: Part 1 by FluffyOD

It’s up, lad.

Fluffies are nice. They’re like little kids almost. But little kids will hit each other, steal, throw tantrums, etc.

They don’t rape and murder each other 0_o

1 Like

Sorry to necro an old post, but the reason abuse is fun is because fluffies don’t deserve it. If fluffies are sadistic hellspawn then sadbox can’t exist because it’s just justice. And abuse becomes no more morally ambiguous than tearing up paper dolls of Hitler and Mussolini.

If it’s just faulty programming and I can’t blame the bad ones, how can I care about the good ones? It’s not like they’ve done anything worthwhile. It’s just a roll of the dice and their programming came up “wub and huggies”. Again no agency, so nothing to praise and cherish. Might as well faun over a cute looking carrot
If humans are the good guys (in your non hugbox) then you’ve done it wrong

1 Like

I don’t think guy cares about the other boxes in this headcanon. It is set aside from the usual fluffy Modus Operandi.

1 Like

Yeah. I figured. I’m just vocal about my fluffy preferences :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

As long as you’re not trying to impose them as some are prone to doing, it’s all gravy.

1 Like

OR, OR. You can show different kinds of people and fluffies, giving each character more depth than a fluffy’s water bowl. Not all fluffies must be hellgremlins in order to act bad. Flawed logic, intense past trauma, simple basic wishes can make a fluffy act in a way that either defies or corrupts the “huggies an’ wub” mentality fluffies oughta have.

• A stallion who lost his previous family to an abuser becomes wary of all humans. He finds a new family and home in a city park, taking care to stay off the human paths. Some day, a domestic fluffy finds them. While they get on well at first, once the domestic mentions going to call his human daddeh to bring them home/food/surprise buttsecs, the stallion has a tough choice to make. If he leaves, the human might be an abuser pretending to care for this fluffy only to find more to kill. The only way to protect his new family would be killing the domestic, as he is hellbent on proving that his daddeh is good. Cue discovering that the daddeh was indeed a good person, who is heard calling for his beloved fluffy while crying and begging him to come back.

There. Not a hellgremlin that only wishes to rape and pillage, not all humans are murderous psychopaths. And I’m not even a great writer, so I imagine better ones could come up with cooler ideas.

2 Likes

Gimme a scenario where a fluffy raping a baby could ever not be a hellgremlin (aside from human-induced abuse).

I’m all for making fluffies dynamic beings with a breadth of personalities, but when a significant enough portion of your fluffies are rapists and muderers that it’s hurting sales, it makes it hard to root for fluffies as a whole.

2 Likes

Besides human/fluffy-induced abuse I can only see one way out. Insanity/illness. A fluffy snapping out of an illness-induced horny haze only to find out in horror the special huggies he was “dreaming” of giving to a “beautiful mare” turn out to be a now dead/paralyzed/broken-legged/traumatized foal, I might still find it in my heart to forgive him, as he didn’t know better.

Okay, I won’t even try to bullshit my way out of that. That’s as much as a turnoff for me as law-protected abuse, as I see it as a lazy justification for either justice-abuse or abusers having free reign on every living fluffy.

2 Likes

Is that a challenge?

2 Likes

A good reason and guilt for the evil that was done. This is the difference between a hellgremlin and an antihero fluffy

1 Like

Here ya go.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. The core concept of “fluffies are for huggies and love” is not eliminated, only corrupted.

Another example could be a smarty/smarty friend becoming increasingly suspicious/aggressive towards certain types of fluffies due to bad memories, like “Pegasi make for poor toughie friends because the two he previously had both ran away abandoning some of his own babbehs to a rat”. From then on, a distrust/outright aggressiveness towards them doesn’t invalidate the fact he still cares for and loves other fluffies.

The best part of fluffies as characters is the human component used to make their brains, capable of human speech and reasoning. Sure the whole “fluffy dumb as a bag of marbles and innocent” is fun, but delving deeper is what takes the cake for me, as it opens a way of showing that the community isn’t just a nest of people fapping to cute (debatable), childlike animals being horribly and unjustly rekt (or to abuser teens getting shishkebabbed, eh @Mr_Owl?), but also a place were emotional and well conceived stories are made, with a creature that is unlike any other talking animal out there.

3 Likes

If people actually used the butchery of fluffy morals to tell stories, and not to make their self-insert look good in comparison, hellgremlins wouldn’t be a problem. I belive that warped logic is an advanced story telling tool, that is hard to use without making your fluffy not fluffy. Get a hang of a good fluffy logic first, than start warping it if the story demands you to

3 Likes

Eeeeyap. Hit the nail on the head.

Some peeps are more hellbent on showing how much worse other characters are compared to the main man/fluffy instead of showing why they are better.

3 Likes

all the fluffyes have an off swith, is called 12 gauge

yes, it might happen.
i’ve seen a couple of comics where the mare considered unicorns as monsters

Ooh, any links?

sorry man, i don’t keep track of what i see
if i remember correctly i saw on reddit
if i find it i will link it