The Problem with Hivecanon (Opinion piece by Oculus)

This post has been re-opened; everyone may continue with their discussions.
No name-calling or hair pulling is allowed; try to keep it as civil as possible.

3 Likes

Well as far as I am concerned alicorns are normal fluffies, that have a horn and a set of wings.
And are only placed on a pedestal because these traits make them desirable for people who want to own them.
And probably flex.
The fluffies themselves don’t really care.

Kitsune fluffy alicorns

There are also kitsune fluffy alicorns, but these are pretty rare and usually have birth defects.
Kitsune fluffies are a mutation to begin with.

2 Likes

I’ll bite. Is a kitsune fluffy just a nine tail fox fluffy? Does it have magic powers or just a variant.

1 Like

It’s a variant created by Carpdime.
I liked the look and asked if could develop them further.

Kitsune fluffies are fluffies with fox tails up to 6, but usually 4. ( cause i’m lazy )
The originals are from Japan ( carpdime’s version)
Mine are originally from the UK and introduced in the USA.

Rambo my kitsune fluffy >Another Satisfied Customer (AMDk7)
I really should draw more kitsune fluffies.

But I got a whole lore list for them, i’m working on.

2 Likes

@jberg360 I should mention that AMD’s subspecies is based off this Carpdime original: Kitsune Fluffy (Artist:Carpdime) (Fluffybooru id: 23417)

2 Likes

Don’t forget this excellent piece.

2 Likes

Hive canons are a good thing, no matter how much people seem to dislike them. The hive canon that goes along with them (Cleveland, PETA, etc) is part of the framework that we can use to tell stories about them.

Do these things have to happen for fluffies to be? No. Fluffies are a certain thing. They’re fluffy, they speak Fluffspeak, they’re a bit dim. Everything else is just ancillary. We tell stories about the aberrations because they’re interesting. The violent ferals, the clever alicorns, the hideous cannibal monsters are all story elements because they’re interesting.

Sure we could read about an average feral herd surviving, or the average life of a domestic fluffy. And we do! But those deviations from the norm are what makes a story. “Once upon a time, nothing interesting happened” makes for a terrible story.

Bringing the point back to Hivecanon, these are the stories that already happened and allow us to build upon the world of the fluffies. We’re not Star Trek, Star Wars, or Star vs. The Forces of Evil fans with something we can say “this is definitely true.” We’re essentially writing fanfiction with no canon work to start with, so we’ve created our own. We all exist in our own little AUs since there’s no “real” canon to work with.

3 Likes

Don’t tell me what to do you doodoo head

2 Likes

053382d246bfb9b9aef8027bb939b8383e7559fc

3 Likes

Oh my god I am so sorry :neutral_face:

2 Likes

DiD U jUsT aSsUmE mY gEnDeR??!!!1!!

1 Like

I did.

Stone is either from the CIA or FBI.

3 Likes

I’m a part of the FBI.

fbi

2 Likes

Can’t fool me FedBoi

2 Likes

Wtf who even are you

2 Likes

Poor coffin he is illiterate

1 Like

I do use “Unfinished” and “Peta break-in” but the stranger bits of my headcannon are that unicorns, pegasai, and alicorns can use magic, weakly fly, and both respectively. I also believe that, beyond the initial batch, more fluffies (usually alicorns) can be created with bio-engineering. and the final strange thing about my setting is that hasbio has created MORE than just fluffies, such as plant-dogs(plogs), and living, cartipace-wearing, alarm bells.

1 Like

This. I like this.

1 Like