The Problem with Hivecanon (Opinion piece by Oculus)

1 Like

That is par de course for any fandom to be honest.

I am from the Tf fandom
The only thing we can agree on there is that we all like transformers.
G1 alone has at least 32 micro continuities.
And nobody agrees on anything.

4 Likes

G3 had some lore too.
Earth Ponies, Pegasuses, and Unicorns all came from separate places: Earth Ponies from Ponyville, Pegasuses from Butterfly Island, and Unicorns from Unicornia.

G3 movies also have a lot more to them than most people give them credit for.
For example, The Princess Promenade deconstructs the princess trope, and The Runaway Rainbow reconstructs it.
They’re far from “huggies fix everything”.

Also, Skywishes and Star Catcher from Dancing In The Clouds and Friends Are Never Far Away have been interpreted as gay.

2 Likes

Honestly, I agree with you. I stand by the mods’ decision to send certain art to the shitpost hole. That said, I think you’re right.

1 Like

Ah, there we go.
More to G3 then I thought.
But as i said I’m a TF fan, any knowledge of MLP is ancillary for me.

I rolled in to fluffies because of the HTF like juxtaposition of cute with extreme violence.
Nothing to do with MLP.

2 Likes

Yeah I got into fluffies after seeing them in The Click’s video. My love for G3 MLP didn’t get me into it, though it’s definitely influenced some of my headcanons.

3 Likes

To be fair, modern day fluffies are entirely seperated from their MLP ancestors, aside from the odd reference to Hasbio developing them to exploit the popularity of that franchise. They’re legit just funky ponies.

5 Likes

Yeah fluffies are as far removed from MLP as the current iMac is from the 1984 Mac.
Fluffies came from G4 and thats where the influence ends.

And probably for the best too.

I don’t quite recall how but I stumbled on that wretched hive of scum and villainy the booru in 2018.
Lurked for a while.
Booru went tits up.
And here we are now ( entertain us )

3 Likes

ITT

5wvuqv

2 Likes

Well you know, nerds be passionate and all that.

2 Likes

683f696e4edb4e3e3f78c855a65caa2507f793dd_00

1 Like

Seriously though, It’s been going on for 12 hours. Everyone take a break and come back to this post tomorrow if you want to continue.

2 Likes

This post has been re-opened; everyone may continue with their discussions.
No name-calling or hair pulling is allowed; try to keep it as civil as possible.

3 Likes

Well as far as I am concerned alicorns are normal fluffies, that have a horn and a set of wings.
And are only placed on a pedestal because these traits make them desirable for people who want to own them.
And probably flex.
The fluffies themselves don’t really care.

Kitsune fluffy alicorns

There are also kitsune fluffy alicorns, but these are pretty rare and usually have birth defects.
Kitsune fluffies are a mutation to begin with.

2 Likes

I’ll bite. Is a kitsune fluffy just a nine tail fox fluffy? Does it have magic powers or just a variant.

1 Like

It’s a variant created by Carpdime.
I liked the look and asked if could develop them further.

Kitsune fluffies are fluffies with fox tails up to 6, but usually 4. ( cause i’m lazy )
The originals are from Japan ( carpdime’s version)
Mine are originally from the UK and introduced in the USA.

Rambo my kitsune fluffy >Another Satisfied Customer (AMDk7)
I really should draw more kitsune fluffies.

But I got a whole lore list for them, i’m working on.

2 Likes

@jberg360 I should mention that AMD’s subspecies is based off this Carpdime original: Kitsune Fluffy (Artist:Carpdime) (Fluffybooru id: 23417)

2 Likes

Don’t forget this excellent piece.

2 Likes