“The Runt” (Part 1) (CinnamonPopTart)

In an alley, a dark and cold alley, there lies a small dark green earthie filly. She’s starved, cold, and desperately searching for a warm place to stay. She has only just opened her eyes and learned how to walk.

She finds a trash can that’s been knocked over. Maybe she’s finally found some food. She looks inside and chirps with joy. She has found half of a banana.

She greedily chomps away at the banana. She was lucky enough to find one that had been thrown away recently. It still doesn’t taste good though.

Suddenly, she stops. She is now on full alert. From a distance she can hear the litter patter of multiple sets of hooves.

“Huwwy up dummehs! Smawty smeww nummies!” An irritated voice shouts.

This is bad. The small filly has never dealt with a smarty before. She doesn’t even know what a smarty is but something deep down tells her that it isn’t anything good.

What if the nummies that the smarty smells is the food that she found. She isn’t going to risk losing her food.

She desperately grips the peel of the banana with her teeth and tries to drag it away so it won’t be stolen. It’s a fruitless endeavor.

The footsteps stop and a voice speaks.

“Babbeh?” It’s a different voice…a softer voice.

The scared filly turns around and looks up at the stranger. It’s a yellow mare. The small filly chirps in fear. Is this stranger nice? Or is she going to hurt the scared child?

“Dewe dewe babbeh. It am otay. Fwuffy’s namesie am Daffodiw. Wat am youw namesie?” The mare leans down and sniffs the now calm filly.

The small foal stays silent. She still isn’t sure whether or not she can trust this stranger. She’s starting to warm up to her though.

The mare takes notice of the small foal’s silence.

“Ou no tawkie much do ou? Dat am otay.
Can Daffodiw gib ou namesie?” Daffodil gains a big smile at the idea of naming the child and her tail begins to wag as well.

The foal nods slightly, still not sure what to make of the situation.

“Yay! Otay otay…ummmmm” Daffodil examines the skinny foal. What name would fit the child?

“Maybeh…Weaf. Cuz ou am gween wike a weaf. Am dat gid name?”

Leaf…yeah…that sounds good.

The child nods happily as a smile forms on her face.

Daffodil spots the banana and her eyes light up with joy.

“Weaf find nummies aww by ouwsewf?! Babbeh am sooo smawt! Daffodiw so pwoud!!”

That makes the small foal chirp with happiness. She’s never heard someone say such nice things about her. It feels good

“Speciaw fwien?! Wewe ou go dummeh?!” An angry voice ruins the moment. All of a sudden, a fat blue fluffy stomps over and hits the mare over the head with his hoof.

“Owies! Wai speciaw fwien huwt Daffodiw? Am good fwuffy!” The mare sobs and rubs the top of her head with her hooves.

“Cuz ou weave smawty wifout askin dummeh!” The fluffy shouts.

You don’t like this fluffy one bit. He’s mean and he just hurt the nice mare.

“Who dis dummeh?” The smarty looks down and sniffs you. Suddenly his head recoils back and and exhales violently.

“Dis am wunt! Dummeh babbeh git sowwy hoofsies fow twy to huwt speciaw fwien!” The smart winds up his hoof and prepares to stomp the small foal. Maybe to death.

The filly chirps for her life and curls up on the ground. What does the smarty mean? She’s a good baby and she wasn’t trying to hurt the nice mare.

“Nu! Pwease speciaw fwien! No huwt Weaf! Wear my twy to huwt Daffodiw! Am gud babbeh!” Daffodil pleads desperately for Leaf’s life. She picks the chirping mess up with her hooves and shields her from the smarty.

“Ou gabe it namesie?!” The smarty shouts in anger and hits the poor mare’s back multiple times.

“Dummeh! Dummeh! Dummeh!” The smarty shouts with each blow of his hoof.

“Owies! Pwease speciaw fwien! Daffodiw am sowwy!” The mare begs the smarty.

The smarty huffs.

“Pwease speciaw fwien. Wet Daffodiw keep Weaf. Babbeh nee mummah fow miwkies an wub!”

Really?! She’s getting a momma?! Leaf can’t believe her luck! First she found some delicious nummies and now she’s getting a mom!

The smarty stares daggers at the mare. He stays silent for what seems like an eternity before he finally speaks

“Fine. Dummeh speciaw fwien can keep dummeh wunt. Buh if dat dummeh be bad babbeh den smawty gib fowebaw sweepies!”

That sends chills down the foal’s spine.

“Tank ou speciaw fwien! Daffodiw pwomise Weaf wiww be bestest babbeh evew! Babbeh even find own nummies!” Daffodil exclaims.

The smarty glared at you. You can’t help the prideful grin that grows on your face.

“Hmmph. Dose am Smawty’s nummies now. Dummeh babbeh find diffwent nummies” the smarty sneers as he snatches the banana and eats it quickly.

Leaf chirps frantically. Very much upset that her nummies were just stolen and eaten.

“Shh shh. It am otay Weaf…Daffodiw find new nummies fow ou.”

That calms leaf down slightly. Suddenly a wave of exhaustion hits her. Her eyelids begin to fall and she dozes off to sleep.

10 Likes

Here’s my first story. Hope y’all like it.

3 Likes

Name in title

1 Like

Interesting start.

Canon obviously varies from person to person and im interested to see how yours goes.

Generally most people treat foals as talking before being able to eat solids. They also are adults within a few months at most.

Smarties vary, I’m not critical of this one. Its different than good and bad smarties I generally see so I’m curious how he will play out.

2 Likes

I know this may sound stupid, but how do I post stories on the site?