The Yiḏaki sounds by(that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of Tread lightly by (that1hugboxer) and Beau Did i scare you?by(that1hugboxer)

You are Duncan. You have received word that 40 men claiming to be from Jabirr Jabirr tribe had been dispatched to punish you and your family. You request to speak with one of them to discuss terms.

You did not expect what followed.

A tall naked aboriginal man approached you. His body is decorated in traditional white paint.

“Whatever you have to say, say it quickly Thin blood!”

In a calm and collected manner you give him an ultimatum.
“You have two choices, you can fight us and most likely die or you can take kurdaitcha with you and go back to your tribe.”

The man scowls.

“You refer to my people the Jabirr Jabirr as a tribe, you refer to a feather foot as a kurdaitcha! Do seek You mock us ? Or is your blood truly so thin that you cannot tell the difference?”

You smile.

“You are not of the Jabirr Jabirr , you dishonor your ancestors by claiming a name you have no birth right to .”

The man grabs you by the shirt collar.

“How dare you!!! You a filthy 1/16th have the audacity to question my bloodline!? Every breath you take is an insult to your ancestors! Tell me where you hid the other Illawarras before myself and the other 39 warriors raze this place!!!”

You look him directly in the eyes.

“No.”

The man raises his spear and chucks it at a fluffy behind you skewering them to the ground .

“Am I supposed to be impressed by your ability to kill a fluffy?”

You ready your rifle in such a way that at the flick of your wrist it would be directly pointing at him.

“I’ve been more than polite given the situation, now take your kurdaitcha leave. I will not ask again.”

The man backs off.

“Do not consider this a victory thin blood, you merely hide behind your rifle like a coward!”

You call Vicky on the radio and have her bring out the kurdaitcha.

The two of them leave and a few minutes later the yiḏaki sounds not the song of peace but the song of ceasefire.

You breathe a sigh of relief

You hand off the rifle to one of the C.O.B.R.A security officers then head into the main house to retrieve Odis.

You head to camp Maureen knowing full well that this isn’t the last you’ve seen of the so called Jabirr Jabirr.

After reuniting with your family, you have an unmarked car take them. To your house.

Your father argues not wanting to be any more of a burden on you. Offering for the family to spend the night at a hotel.

You smile.

“No… Dad… I want to have you guys… as my guests. Please I…. I want to have my family together under one roof… at least for tonight.”

Your dad looks at you shocked.

“I’m sorry dad I know it’s a selfish request. But just this once ….ple…”

Your sentence is cut short by your father hugging you.

“We will stay as long as you will have us…. Jiemba Illawarra.”

You tear up hearing dad call you by your full birth name for the first time in 22 years.

Your dad tells you to head home and that they will be over as soon as their things are packed.

You bid them farewell and return home.
Upon entering the house you are met with a pleasant surprise.

:musical_note: It’s pwetty day in dis neighbowhood
pwetty day fo’ neighbow
wouwd 'ou be mine?
couwd 'ou be mine?

it’s neighbowwy day in dis beautywood
neighbowwy day fo’ beauty
wouwd 'ou be mine?
couwd 'ou be mine?

fwuffy hab awways wanted to hab neighbow just wike 'ou
fwuffy’be awways wanted to wibe in neighbowhood wiff 'ou

su wet’s make dah most of dis pwetty day
since we’we togethew, we maybeh as weww say
wouwd 'ou be mine?
couwd 'ou be mine?
won’t 'ou be fwuffy’s neighbow?

won’t 'ou pwease
won’t 'ou pwease
pwease won’t 'ou be fwuffy’s neighbow?
:musical_note:

Štěpán is sitting on the couch with Beau in his lap singing along to the Mr Roger’s neighborhood song .

Štěpán pause the DVD.

“Hello cousin.”

Beau turns to you excitedly

“Daddeh! daddeh! beau hab new fwend! beau hab new fwend!”

You smile.

“That’s wonderful Beau.”

You pick Beau up and put her in your arms.

“It’s bed time Beau. Say good night to your friend. You will see him tomorrow morning ok?”

“(Yawn) Otay’ daddeh.”

Beau. Waves her hoof towards the still image of Mr Roger on the tv.

“Bye mistah wogah. Hab Gud dawk time , Beau wobes 'ou.”

You tuck Beau into her little fluffy bed and give her a kiss on the forehead.

“Daddeh ?”

“Yes Beau?”

“Beau wike mistah wogah. Make beau heawt feew big happy.”

Beau looks up at you.

“Buh beau get biggest heawt happy when beau wiff daddeh an’ odis an’ Whowe hewd

The doorbell rings.

You look at Beau and smile.

“Me too Beau. Me too.”

2 Likes

This explains a WHOLE lot. Who are those guys, and why are they not what they say?

I miss Mr. Rogers.

1 Like

To quote Wikipedia regarding the status of the Jabirr Jabirr

“ By 1953 only 5 members of the tribe were still known to survive, and in 1974 Tindale stated that they were virtually extinct”

1 Like

Hope this helps

1 Like

Yup, yup. TY! Sounds like people in the US claiming to be Anasazi.

1 Like