This Heart Will Not Break\This Heart Is Now Complete (AMDk7)

Holy Crow, I think you succinctly nailed a sort of latchkey fluffy vibe. Plenty of toys, a good home, but a deeper sense of abject loneliness. I always enjoy reading about fluffies like Rambo.

This was a nice read. Both versions. Good work! I hope you’ll do another, perhaps with Rambo and Snowy together in the future.

3 Likes

Funny you say that.
I was half way through the sadbox ending, when i went Snowy is worth more to me alive then dead.
She has so much more narrative possibilties then just simple heartache.
And that’s why i wrote the hugbox ending.

And i am actually working on a follow up with them together.
It was actually really easy to write.
It’s getting some polishing up before getting published.

But i’m glad to hear that you liked it.
Hopefully you wil like the follow up too .

2 Likes

That was some good heartache, though. I think what really nailed that sadbox bit for me was the shared toy laying there as part of the carnage. The object that helped forge that emotional connection between the two.

The hugbox ending was clever, too. Rambo’s problem solving saved the day. Totally fit, too. Having Transformer toys, I figure, helps form a bit of problem solving. Some of those older models were insane to figure out.

Thanks for writing it! I’ll be looking forward to the next installment.

2 Likes

I just realized they didn’t bring the toy along in the hugbox ending
…Damn it.
Then again I’m sure i can do something with that too.
Fluffies have big feelings over small things .

I actually didnt stop to think and look at it that way.
But that does make sense.
Some Transformers toys are\were really complicated.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thundercracker_(G1)/toys
And Thundercracker is blue and Rambo likes things that are blue, like he is

I’ll be sure to let you know when “rambo 3” ( yes seriously that’s its working title) is done.

1 Like

I just realized they didn’t bring the toy along in the hugbox ending
…Damn it.
Then again I’m sure i can do something with that too.
Fluffies have big feelings over small things .

Ah, no worries. Felt like Thundercracker was Rambo’s only friend for a while so trading his toy up for Snowy was a worthwhile exchange.

I actually didnt stop to think and look at it that way.
But that does make sense.
Some Transformers toys are\were really complicated.
Thundercracker (G1)/toys - Transformers Wiki
And Thundercracker is blue and Rambo likes things that are blue, like he is

Might be a fun consideration for Rambo in the future. He strikes me as a clever sort with maybe a little bit of a mind for mechanisms. Really dug the multi-tail kitsune variant of fluffy, by the way.

Cool, cool. Good luck with the story!

1 Like

Well i think its best for the reader to interpret things, then me explaining it all.
But maybe he wants Thundercracker back, or Snowy feels guilty about it.
Fluffies are simple sods afterall.

I wil keep that in mind
I’m not sure yet what i wanna do for 4.
I have a few…whispers of ideas but nothing solid yet.

I have drawn Rambo several times.
Twick Ow Tweat (AMDk7)
He is called Rambo because he likes Rambo apples a lot.
( And a fluffy called Rambo struck me as funny)

Thanks.
I plan to zag first before writing part 4.
I got a few other story ideas.

1 Like

As much as I love carnage, I’d love to see more stories with them :heart: They’re absolutely adorable and a fluffy power couple if I ever seen one :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks.
Ive grown attached to Rambo, and just want to hugbox him but that might just be my bias.
I have a few ideas what i want to do with them down the line but nothing concrete yet.

2 Likes

After reading it again,I think I prefer the hugbox ending as well. Snowy and Rambo and too cute,I don’t think their story is ready to end yet!
Good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I must admit that was part of the reason why I didn’t want to kill her in the story anymore.
I hope there wil be more parts to come
Part 3 is pretty far along
But I’m not sure about part 4 yet.

Anyway glad you like the story .

1 Like

Edit: fixed another few bloody typo’s
Bane of my life that.

Update :
After a conversation with @A-S I decided to expand the final section of the hugbox ending
A-S felt that Rambo’s owner folded a bit too quickly.
And after some consideration I agreed

The extended ending can be found in the main story under it own header
But also here for ease of use.

Extended Hugbox Ending

They wake up when they hear the front door click shut.
Rambo readies himself, this is the moment he has been looking forward to and dreading all the same.
The moment his owner walks in Rambo can’t contain himself anymore, and his tale of adventure spills out.
He tells it as fast as he can, the words tumbling out of his mouth, nearly tripping over each other.
He talks so fast, almost as if he doesn’t want to give his owner time to react or find an opportunity to reply.
But fluffies aren’t that smart so it’s either an instinctive reaction.
Or just his hardwired need to be forthcoming with his owner, whatever the case.
Whatever the consequences.
Rambo tells his tale.
He tells it all.
He tells it true.
But as he talks, the reaction of his owner makes his heart flutter with worry and disconcert.
He had expected anger,instead he is greeted by a blank stare and deafening silence, that somehow makes him feels worse as it goes on and on.

Awful suppossions race through his head, as he races to catches up with his own words.
Would he be punished ?
Would he be hurt ?
Or worst of all, would Snowy be hurt ? s
He can feel her standing behind him. hiding as best as she can behind his four tail as she looks up afraid.
She hasn’t had much luck with humans, ever since she became a stray, which seems a whole lifetime ago.
Longer even.

Rambo’s heart aches, pounding so hard in his throat it hurts, and the overriding desire to protect his special friend.
Because he knows that she is, with every fiber of his being, now and forevermore.
And she knows this as well.

As he finishes talking, the silence that descends is almost deafening.
Rambo takes the initiative, almost automatically he flares his tails to protect Snowy.
He can’t he won’t allow her to be hurt ever again, to be taken from him.
It’s something he can’t even bear to think about.

He locks eyes with his owner, both desperately afraid and desperately defiant.
Laying his heart bare and whatever may come will come.
“Wambo …Wambo nu wann be awone nu mowe. Bu Snowy nu wan be awone nu mowe tuu. Wambo nu wean be bad fwuffee bu if Snowy nu can stay …den…den Wambo wiww gu wiff Snowy.”
He can practically feel Snowy gasp behind him.
Rambo know that this is a desperate gamble, his only gamble really, but he means every word of it.
He is ready and willing to brave the great big dangerous outdoors and the coming cold times.
He doesn’t know what to expect there.
But he would for her anyway, always and only for her.

The fluffies steel themselves for the angry reaction to all this. A reaction that never comes.
Rambo’s owner sits down and sighs.
“You know that I never wanted a fluffy Rambo,” they sigh. “Let alone two.”
“So what am I supposed to do with you two ?”
“…But as you know Rambo, we have some rules here. So you are going to have to teach snowy what they…”

The rest of the words are drowned out, by the explosion of joy coming from the two fluffies when it dawns on them.
Snowy is allowed to stay.
She is allowed to stay !!

The two fluffies fall asleep in Rambo’s basket, after the biggest bowl of sketties either of them has ever seen.
Rambo has his tails wrapped around Snowy again, lying in a small fluffpile.
Rambo’s owner wonders how they ended up with 2 fluffies all of a sudden, but that’s a problem for another day.

I may have gone a bit overboard with the beetus inducing hugbox.

2 Likes

I like myself some beetus. Noice.

1 Like

I may need to start handing out insulin pens if I keep writing beetus like this.

1 Like

Fucking chef’s kiss right here. :heart:

1 Like

Uh, thanks.
Partial blame\credit goes to A_S they pushed me in the right direction.

1 Like
1 Like

The song that gave the next stand alone story its title. ( Pushing The Sky Away)

1 Like

Good song.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to Nick Cave a lot these days.
Especially when writing.

1 Like