This Old Mill part 2 by Chikahiro

The wet kibble used mix with shit just…makes me wanna puke :nauseated_face:

And still the horror of these corpses to be moved hair raising yeesh! :fearful: And a 3hour long back and forth oh man!

You know glad theres no micro in that old mill…

4 Likes

This short chapter brought me an echo of the legendary industrial grinder here:
https://fluffy-community.com/t/subject-b07-c-artist-petn/6148

PETN sure was awesome

4 Likes

You get the cold, morbid, and industrial feel with what is there and the mental imagery of what it would of looked like in its “prime”.

I have mixed feeling about Lyle. He wants to get the mill back up and running so I dislike him for that but at the same time he is getting pangs of sadness and hopes for the best of these long dead fluffies that they didn’t suffer. Maybe he can do better, run it in a better way that the last one at least.

4 Likes

“Ah, the bad news,” the senior replied. “Its a three hour trip each way, plus we just had a bunch of guys quit.”

Wooden walls were covered with mold, growing worse the closer they were to the gas stoves.

:flushed: Oh god no… not again… I though my old building restoring days were over… no… please…

Why are both of those soo real. :sob:
I pity the poor bastard who gets to do the bathroom…

3 Likes

This is a fluffy mill, the whole thing is a bathroom. The employee bathroom is probably the second cleanest place in the building.

6 Likes

A mixture of fluffy fecal matter and the ground up remains of dead fluffies.

Well that’s new, I guess it could work: in my HC fluffies got their intestines shortened during design so those could fit in the size limits imposed by the marketing dept. The result its all the issues you see with fluffy waste since they cant properly digest their food. Point is due to this defect there is a ton of nutrients left in their crap which is also why fluffy manure is so effective and they make great methane bioreactors (see fluffy racks by jberg and also me)

2 Likes

Neutron bomb the place, then clean it up.

2 Likes

I probably would’ve quit as well if I’d been on the team there to fix the place only to find there were thousands of dead fluffies evenf if I knew another team were to take care of those.
bild

3 Likes

I had thoughts on that, actually: Excerpts from Assisted Fluffy Digestion (by Chikahiro)

Random thoughts in a semi-coherent format. I had a mish-mash of ideas from all the poop eating, some random articles I’ve read, etc.

Alexander was pushing the food well below acceptable US limits. So, MR 8, possibly 9 in all honesty. Maybe not due to the exact mix, but…

2 Likes

Excellent! :smiley:

I used to work for a fire and water damage service while in college. Worst job I ever had was this lady’s entire bottom floor was covered in sewage as the sewage system somehow backed up and out. Was working from a winter sundown to sun-up, then had to come back a time or three after getting some sleep. Moving furniture out, cutting up carpet, tearing out padding, etc. All so we could actually start cleaning, spraying the place down, etc.

3 Likes

There is absolutely no way I could do that kind of work.

1 Like

Two things then:

1. Be very suspicious of automatic ice makers and water dispensers in refrigerators. Hoses go bad, and that’s what causes some really bad, subtle, eventually “what the hell?!” disasters.
  2. Never, EVER carpet your bathroom. I don’t care how cold it gets, never do it. You cannot truly clean or sterilize carpet.
  3. If you ever have a leak? Get it fixed then use a fan to blow over the area. It’ll help with evaporation.
  4. If you have central heating and air? See about getting the duct work cleaned every few years. What’s in the ducts gets into the air, so you don’t want mold or mildew growing up there, nor dust. They’ll clean it out then use a sealer fo the stuff they couldn’t get.

This was in the late 90’s/early 2000’s so maybe stuff has improved since then (hopefully!).

1 Like

Not to spoil anything, but:

Summary

at somepoint in the next story or so one of the town locals (possibly an ex employee) will comment along the lines of “that place is cursed” or “that place is haunted.”

Lets be honest… without any other context, knowing what you know, yeah, it kind of is.

1 Like

Oh sweet Jesus, don’t get me started!

Used to work as ‘maintenance crew’ with a real estate company just before college.

Worst job we ever did was clearing out a duplex that was foreclosed on by the bank.

Lady who lived there, borderline hoarder, owned six cats and no litter box. We had to tear out all the carpets and most of the plywood underneath, pretty much all the drywall and ceiling because of ‘stains’, found black mold in the bathroom behind the shower and under the linoleum because of leaks. And all that was on top of needing to push out garbage and dried turds with a snow shovel!

We also had three of our seven guys just quit within the first week and all of us ended up getting sick either during or after the project! :tired_face:

Soo, yeah, this story resonates something feirce…

3 Likes

I am pouring you a virtual drink.

2 Likes

I’m quite aware of all of these…some from people I know and unfortunately some from first hand experience.

1 Like

Please tell me you demanded a rise, or at least got a bonus for inhumane labor

2 Likes

Our boss got us a bonus from the bank after the fact, I think it was like a month or half a months wage for all of us, but he had to fight hard for it the whole way down.

We did a lot less terrible jobs after that, mostly just fix up work for newer homes. But that one still burns itself into my memory. Feel like I’m getting a sinus infection just thinking about it… :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

One the one hand: a cart full of chirpies🥰
On the other…a cart full of chirpy skeletons☹️

The industrial stories I’ve read have a certain ruthless efficiency to them. I recall reading (decades ago) about old factories before we got serious about safety. How someone dying or getting maimed was just normal. Its how it was. I’ve done some surface scratching on puppy mills and animal feed and … er… yeah.