Tired ideas - Watership Down

I swear I’m just tired, but feral herds remind me so fucking much of Watership Down - a ‘fairy tale’ about a bunch of rabbits surviving in a hostile world. It’s rough, sad, full of death and pain.

The reason why I’m not posting it to shit post category is bc others might get story ideas
Now if you excuse me, I’m gonna continue working on my random abuse art~

6 Likes

The rabbits are actually smarter.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, they were, but still

1 Like

I kinda wonder if fluffies would stil be fluffies with out the fluffspeak but talked normally.

1 Like

Kinda? I mean as long as you don’t remove all their features, I think it still counts. Look at Virgil’s anthro question shrug

Nah, just the fluffspeak.
They be easier to understand at least.
Writing fluff speak is bloody hard at times, let alone reading it.

Having a fluffy be eloquent would be fucking funny but only for one not all of them.

1 Like

Time to buy a hate goat.

1 Like

Seen em not my thing.

1 Like

But they are perfectly eloquent and they straight up tell you the plot and their character motivations. It’s very convenient.

Besides that there are some creators who have done the “one unique fluffy is eloquent while the rest speak like children’s toys”.

2 Likes

I’m aware I’ve seen em.

1 Like

If you’ve seen the existing examples of this, your “would” is weird. How about, “Ha ha it was fucking funny when X and Y did this, I’d like to see more of that.”

1 Like

Semantics
Are we really going to argue about semantics ?

Yes I have seen previous fluffies do this mostly by Dr Flowerson.
And once by cookie crunch.

And it only works once, in either a one of gag or a fluffy who is either a fluke or has their speech centre fixed.

Because all I was really saying is that normal speech makes them easier to understand and or write.

1 Like

Then write that.

1 Like

You don’t say.
More semantics.
Any more or do you feel you have been pedantic enough for today ?

1 Like

Some more.

You join the cadre of people who fail to make clear what they mean. Then cry about petty semantics when it turns out they said not at all what they meant. Finally, they get really defensive or passive aggressive about it.

You can change your behavior but you really can’t change language.

Git gud.

1 Like

Guys please stop, continue in dms if you have to

Guys please stop, continue in dms if you have to :<

1 Like

Thank you. I think we’re done : )

1 Like

Watership Down is my favorite book. Maybe it’s what what attracted me to the fandom. It was the partial inspiration for Frankenfluffy vs Walker, Texas Fluffy in which Walker spoke normally due to growth hormones in sheep feed he’d stolen as a youth. Still the concept could be retold with fluffies easily. The rabbits occupy traditional feral roles: hazel is the smarty, Bigwig is the toughie, Blackavar is a dummy, etc.

2 Likes

Yeee (i know it as a movie&tv series, I want to read the book one day too!)