To gaze upon them by (that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of the following stories in this order: 1 Duncan’s date by (that1hugboxer 2 Out of the frying pan by (that1hugboxer) 3 Into the fire by (that1hugboxer) 4 Sins of the father by (that1hugboxer) 5 Duncan’s spiral by(that1hugboxer) 6 Just below the surface by (that1hugboxer) 7Thank you strangers by (that1hugboxer) 8 The houseguest by (that1hugboxer) 9 Working Štěpán by (that1hugboxer) 10 Pieces of the puzzle by (that1hugboxer) 11 Geiswell acres by (that1hugboxer) 12 Beneath Geiswell acres by (that1hugboxer) 13 There is no Geiswell acres by (that1hugboxer) 14 [Redacted] report 1 by (that1hugboxer) 15 The sons of 64 by (that1hugboxer) 16 The Klondike special by (that1hugboxer) 17 Guys night by (that1hugboxer) 18 G.I Hell gremlin by (that1hugboxer)
19 Ouida’s looking glass by (that1hugboxer)
20 More than meets the eye by (that1hugboxer)
21 Backpfeifengesicht by (that1hugboxer)
22 Old friends by (that1hugboxer)
23 Just in case you ever wondered. By(that1hugboxer)
24 A step in the right direction by(that1hugboxer)
25 The man named Skip (that1hugboxer)
26 [Redacted] report 2 by (that1hugboxer)
27 The hounds of ??? by (that1hugboxer)
28 Back in the skillet by(that1hugboxer)

You are Femi . As you are pulled into the basement of the building you hear them breathing, you hear them growling . You hit the ground with a THUD!
It’s pitch black, you can’t see your hand in front of your face.

The basement floor creaks with every step of the hounds , it sounds as if they are circling around you.

You feel around on the floor for anything that could help you, the cobra commando’s that were dragged down here earlier must have a flashlight or something similar.

Your heart sinks as you touch a pair of night vision goggles. The only thing you have that can illuminate the darkness will also reveal the true forms of the hounds.

With Your hands trembling you place the night vision goggles upon your head . Your Nyctophobia is kicking into overdrive. If you don’t turn them on soon you’ll be in a full blown panic attack.

As you switch the goggles on you see something in the darkness it’s as if hundreds of dove wings were folded together forming the vaguest silhouette of a hound with two eyes that glowed in the darkness. It opens its mouth and everything from its teeth to the gums and skin are made of dove wings.

“Oh Fuck!!!”

You scan the room and find over a dozen additional hounds circling around you . an elderly man with a large grey mustache sits on a stool in the corner of the room resting his hands against an antique cane. The man is dressed in a late Victorian era suit.

You break out into a cold sweat.

The man taps his cane on the ground and begins speaking in a soft yet commanding voice

“Heel!”

The hound closes its mouth and returns to the man’s side.

You chuckle nervously .

“T…Thank you!”

The man smiles and opens a large leather bound book.

“State your full name.”

You attempt to lie but something deep inside you prevents such an action .

“Zur… Femi montenegro Henderson!”

The man closes the book.

“Lying is unbecoming of a Lady Ms Henderson. But give your track record such behavior is to be expected.”

You try to speak but you are too afraid.

The man pets the hound at his side.

“I have other business to attend to at the moment. So until I return, I’ll let him have his fun.”

The man taps his cane on the ground.

“Free!”

The hound reopens its mouth and lunges at you pinning you to the ground as it bites into your arm. The pain is excruciating, the malice behind it is unmistakably personal. It feels as if your arm is being torn off but there’s no physical damage done to your body.

The man taps his cane on the ground and gives one final command to the hound before leaving.

“Speak!”

The batteries in the night vision goggles die sending the room once again into complete darkness.

All you can see are the hounds two glowing white eyes.

A familiar voice echoes forth from within the hound’s maw.

“Dwupaw gib munsta mummah wowstes’ huwties!”

Your Nyctophobia kicks back in as you scream in both pain and fear.

“PLEASE COME BACK MR, MY DADDY WILL GIVE YOU ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!”

2 Likes

I did not expect that. Now I have even more questions. Including, will hound!Drupal recognise Duncan?

2 Likes

If they were to meet yes he would recognize him but given the circumstances required from them to meet. It wouldn’t be until an epilogue story. I plan on continuing the story of Duncan and his friend even after the end of Femi and her father’s storylines.

I promise that the last story I ever post will have them interacting. I’ll put it this way you can see the man and survive, you can see the hounds in their true forms and survive but you cannot see both the hounds and the man at the same time and survive.

If you are wondering what the man looks like his design was heavily inspired by this photo and this piece of art
IMG_3131
IMG_3116

1 Like

Well isn’t he the dapper gent.

2 Likes

Ooh, nicely late Victorian!

1 Like