To see the sun one more time... (drawn by Quack-Man)

Hello everyone! Here’s a sad story and a picture for y’all!

Loggy wriggled through the tight pipe slowly, making her way towards what she hoped was the surface. She had been trapped in the sewers for most of her life, with only the barest recollection of what life was like outside keeping her moving forward. From the day she had fallen in as a walky talky foal, she had searched for a way out all while trying to survive the terrors of the sewers.
Rats, spiders, and even most other fluffies had tried making a meal of her at one point or another. Though some left scars, she managed to beat them all. After what had to have been years, she gave up on finding the surface, and focused on just surviving. She was old now, as far as she could tell. Her joints ached slightly and she felt so much slower than she was before.

Loggy had decided to crawl up this pipe because she figured it was worth a shot, and she was gonna die soon anyways. She knew that this trip was going to be her last, regardless of if she made it to the surface or not.

She could see a light up ahead at the end of the pipe, and sped up as much as she could towards it. Her joints ached and her heart beat loudly in her ears but she couldn’t stop now!

She was so close!

With a few more wriggles and pushes, she pulled herself out from the pipe. She took a moment to catch her breath, glancing back at the pipe she had come from. She had exited out into what looked like a storm drain or something like that.

Loggy took a deep breath as she looked around and froze. Coming in from the drain opening was a golden light, so unlike the weak light she was used to. She stumbled over towards the exit, looked outside, and she saw the sun shining through the trees that surrounded the drain.

Her chest hurt and her surroundings began to swim, but she didn’t care. She lay down, still staring out into the sunlit forest, tears rolling down her face.

She lay there as her eyes grew heavy and her mind felt fuzzy,

And she smiled at the sun…

And dreamed of meadows bathed in the glow of dawn…

I hope yall enjoyed that! I drew the picture first and than decided to make a story about it.

Let me know what you guys think!

12 Likes

That’s a groaner.

I was expecting the “sun” to be the headlights of car that runs her over.

2 Likes

Wow she survive the sewer till she grows old, its an amazing feat survivng that

Love the final her seeing the sun.

4 Likes

A good groaner, or a bad groaner? :joy:
Thank you for reading this story thing!

(I thought about the light being headlights, but decided to just make it sad.)

1 Like

Good groaner. Like you’re laying the sadness on really heavy to the point it’s so sad it’s almost funny out of sheer ridiculousness.

1 Like

What a survivor. She made it.

salute

1 Like