To the Break of Dawn (Drawn by Quack-Man)

Hello everyone! Here’s the finale of the tale of Starfield! I’ve written a story to go along with it, so I hope you guys enjoy!

Private Starfield fought, swinging his sword as hard as he could at the Hope Killer. A deafening shriek of metal on metal echoed through the gate as his sword smashed into his foes axe, sparks shooting out into the night. His body throbbed in agony as he moved to strike again, this time aiming a harsh thrust towards the Hope Killer’s left leg. Just as before, the massive axe flew through the air, smashing against his sword.
Before he could pull his sword back for another swing, Hope Killer’s foot lashed out like lightning. It crashed into his left side, sending him flying through the gates clearing. He could feel his ribs burning in horrible agony. He panted furiously, the sharp metallic taste of blood filling his mouth. He vomited, sending more blood than he had ever seen cascading onto the ground in front of him.

“You’ve fought well, child.”
The deep, harsh voice of the Hope Killer echoed through the clearing.

Your magic is strong," He continued, **But I am beyond your strength. **

Starfield forced his head up, trying in vain to get his hazy vision to focus on the Hope Killer as he slowly walked towards him.

“W-Why?” Starfield pushed out before breaking out into a coughing fit. Blood came flowing from his mouth as his ribs continued to burn in agony. A rib must have punctured his lung.

The Hope Killer paused for just a moment before letting out a soft laugh that sounded like cracking ice.

“Why what, child? You’ll have to be specific.” He stated, stopping his advance.

Starfield braced himself before pushing out,
"W-Why us?" He paused as several more coughs forced their way out of him, sending lances of red hot agony shooting through his side.

“Such an open question.” The Hope Killer stated. As Starfield continued to cough, the Hope Killer squated infant of him, setting his axe off to the side.

“Why have I come here? To the center of your kinds civilization?” He paused for a moment before continuing, his eyes boring into Starfield as he spoke

"there used to be many of my kind, thousands upon thousands. We ruled these lands in an Era of peace and prosperity. Beneath us were your kind, the fluffies, who knew their place as our playthings. They were our food and our sport."

Starfield listened as well as he could, horrified by what the Hope Killer said.

“Until,” The Hope Killer continued, anger filling his voice for the first time.
“some of your kind decided to go against the natural order, and fought back. Learning magic, standing on your hind legs? Disgusting.”
The Hope Killer paused, glancing off into the distance.

“At first, my kind didn’t notice. Then when we did, we Laughed. It was as if ants had declared war on us. Like ants though, those unnatural fluffies grew in numbers so fast, that by the time we decided to take them seriously, there were too many of them. They washed over us like a tidal wave.”

The Hope Killer stood back up, grabbing his axe.

"Now it falls to me to avenge my kind, and wipe yours from the face of this world! " He stated, raising the axe above his head, preparing to bring it down on Starfields head.
The distant sound of trumpets caught his attention, causing him to look up past the gate. Just as he did so, the first rays of sunlight peaked above the distant hills. The first rays of sun blinded the Hope Killer for just a moment, forcing him to lower the axe and cover his eyes.
In that moment, Starfield pushed the pain away and gathered as much magic into his horn as he could. He pulled and, In a flash, his sword was in his left hoof. He thrust his sword as fast as he could, sinking the glowing blade nearly a foot into the Hope Killer’s stomach. With as much strength as he could muster, he slashed the blade to the side, slicing Hope Killer’s stomach open.
A terrific screaming filled the air as the Hope Killer’s stomach opened, releasing his guts out of his body. They landed in a steaming pile, glistening in the morning sun. Slowly, as if in slow motion, the Hope Killer fell down onto the blood stained grass.
His armored chest heaved, before slowing down to a stop.

Starfield stared unfeeling at the corpse of what had been his kinds boogie man. Brought down by him. Behind him he could hear the distant sounds of hoofs marching towards him. He could do little more than stare forward in shock. Even as his body went numb and his vision began to fail, he kept repeating the same phrase over and over again in his head…

‘I held the gates… to the break of dawn…’

This is what happens when you monolog!:rofl:

Oh my gosh! That was a doozy to make! I hope you all wonderful peeps enjoy this story and picture! Let me know what you guys think, and if I should do a continuation of this.

3 Likes

The brown clowd thing in the left corner is supposed to be the approaching army. I kinda messed it up…

I’m trying out a different coloring technique, so let me know how it It turned out!

3 Likes

Alleys or enemy that’s coming?

2 Likes

Allies are coming. :slight_smile:
Other soldiers to help hold the gate.

(Thank you for reading!)

3 Likes