Toy Tries Her Best, Conclusion (Ace)

Kind of my sentiment exactly lol. One of the worst behaved fluffies from my stories is a poopie, not a lover of those tropes.

1 Like

Not trying to discredit and disrespect your canon but I don’t really buy that either because it just makes Alicorns as worthless as a regular fluffy if fluffies mares prize and admire Alicorns and they all survive birth. Humans wouldn’t really be paying that much extra if there’s one or two of them in every herd. A human could simply just walk over and grab one for free as well either by kidnapping or promising a new home (The one thing every fluffy wants). So There’s no real worth to them if they are common enough that humans can simply take one and all of them survive. I just don’t get it at that point.

Like the whole point of Alicorn canon from the beginning is that they were the closest you’d get to a “Perfect” fluffy because they had all the positive physical traits and better intelligence. But because regular fluffies were terrified of them. They’d need human intervention to survive in most cases. Alicorn canon had that Alicorn parents only had 1-3 foals as well (With a not great survival rate if they had more than two foals. The third would usually be “Too small” to survive) so they couldn’t just be pumped out by breeders. The Alicorn paradox was they were the closest to “Perfect” a fluffy could get but had hard lives from the very start.

I’m not really down with just turning them into regular fluffies that exist within a herd. Thats all.

I think most of the stuff surrounding alicorns is dumb. It’s a lazy way to write special little unique snowflakes that are oh so perfect, superior, and through preordained tragic circumstances. To me they are rarer than others but still nothing special beyond the fact their survival odds are upped because they can gore other fluffies with their horns.

There are things within the larger canon I just simply discard or modify because I think it’s lazy or dumb. To me, fluffy mothers love their babies regardless of what they look like unless they’re assholes. They are naturally filled with love to the point where it’s basically suicidal on their part. Alicorn, poopies, retarded, born with two-heads or no fur.

:shrug: if other people want to stick themselves under the alicorn tropes they can feel free but it never made any sense to me. Personally I’d want to make my social outcast actually have a good reason to be an outcast instead of ‘Hasbio retarded’ but that’s my bag.

3 Likes

Either or works, and just because something is widely regarded as “truth” doesn’t make it so.

Are Fluffies a folly to mankind’s anger, judged for decrying other Fluffies appearances despite humans frequently doing the same? Or are Fluffies a ray of hope lost in the darkness of a cruel world who sees their unconditional love as hollow and artificial?

Either way works so long as the world around it embraces the creators chosen headcanon

3 Likes

My fluffy dams are surging with maternal instincts and will adopt anything vaguely foal shaped. Skunks. Squirrels. Puppies.

High octane 8 cylinder nurture machines, but also, their brains are made of cocktail shrimp. Iq of a ham sandwich.

So poopie and Alicorn phobia is equally stupid in my world. But I also hate drawing wings, so, very few alicorns in my stories

2 Likes