Toy Tries Her Best, Conclusion (Ace)

It had been a year since the incident back at the nest. Since then Toy had gotten much better. She was naturally adept at finding the best of nummies because of the grueling work it took to keep her mummah and Sketti alive, and she grew stronger being able to just eat for herself. Also, something else happened: A herd grew around her.

There were many fluffies that had been thrown out of their nice housies by the humans and didn’t know how to survive. They would try to eat the wrong things and get sickies, or not know how to build a nest to live through rain or cold times. Toy gathered one or two at first, teaching them how to know which berries would make your tummy feel good or instructing them how it wasn’t safe to cross the road because of vroomies. They all knew her as big smawty sissy, basically the only pinnacle of hope these complete failures of survival would have.

Everyone had enough to eat. Even those taking care of foals. Toy never had a special friend because she didn’t want to be a mummah again. Being the big sister was more than enough.

“Big sissy, big sissy! Am scawy smawty!” One would report to her, and she would be out to take care of the threat. The fluffies who had lived with humans were not very good at fighting or handling hurties, but she was. Toy always handled the random stray who came poking around their nest, which was a spacious place under an overpass. Those who needed help were helped, those who came for trouble received it.

There were other things she had to handle too. When a soon-mummah was going to have her chirpies, sometimes the stallions would leave and go try having other special friends.

“Yew am wub babbehs!” Toy said on one occasion after cornering a recent departure from her group. The stallion stuck his tongue out. “Shu’up, stoopi mawe! Nu cawe! Wan speciaw huggies!” This caused Toy to deliver a walloping with one hoof, grabbing onto one of his ears and shaking him around savagely. Screeching, the stallion kicked his rear legs around uselessly.

“Otay! Otay! Wet gu! Su huwties!” When the mare finally released his ear, she glared at him. “Soon mummah ‘nee nummies. Yew be gud daddeh ‘ow git wowstest huwties!”

So he came back, if begrudgingly. Toy tried to do a lot but a missing member of the herd meant less food for those who couldn’t contribute.

Most of the foals in the underpass slept with her in a big pile, those old enough that they didn’t need miwkies anymore at least. They loved their mummahs of course but felt a certain sense of protection with their big sissy. The other mares surely appreciated a reprieve from constantly being surrounded by the babies too. Every day she made sure to take a break from trying to find more nummies to play games with them like chase, or kicking a can around. Nobody loved the simple things more than Toy.

As winter came around food became more scarce. Tree bark and roots dug out from the ground were all that they could find in the woods, so it meant leaving the nest every day to go venturing out in the town. They could find trash nummies, Toy of course having a good sense for where to find the bestest. She left every day with six of her strongest herd mates and went scrounging.

This had carried on most of the winter, even now when there was lots of snow. It was there one day where she found him: Munstah daddeh.

A year was a long time to pass by for a fluffy and he looked different. Scraggly, dirty red coat. There was filth all over his horn. He didn’t even look big anymore. In fact, he looked downright sad.

“Hewp! Hewp Wex! Mummah nu wub anymowe!” The stallion sobbed from his position on a pile of broken open trashbags. There was her daddeh, sitting there acting like a babbeh.

“Am hewp, big sissy?” One of her trusted herdmates asked. His name was Mud, a big brown stallion with an amicable personality.

“Nu. He am munstah daddeh.” Toy said, causing the collection of her herdmates to chatter excitedly. They knew who he was from stories. The mare often told the foals that if they weren’t good, munstah daddeh would come and punish them. If even the smallest one of them saw this pathetic sight though, could they be afraid?

“Am munstah?” Mudpie asked, looking to Rex. Maybe because he was an alicorn? There were at least two in their herd though, so that couldn’t be it. Also she wasn’t even mean to poopies.

“Yis. Wowstest munstah daddeh. Nu cawe ‘fo mummah! Gib owwies tu Toy! Gib owwies tu Sketti!” This caused her group to become visibly agitated. Something gave owwies to their big smawty sissy? This was tantamount to sacrilege. She was the only reason why they didn’t have forever-sleepies.

“Haechu! Munstah! Haechu!” Spat Mudpie, slamming a hoof down on one of Rex’s legs. The wretch gave a wail, trying to scrabble away. Her group had surrounded him though, pushing him back up against the wall.

Rex only now finally caught on to what was happening. Truth was, he never cared about his offspring enough to remember their faces or even names. “Dummeh mawe babbeh! Am sowwy! Daddeh su su sowwy! Daddeh wub babbeh?” He asked her, pleaded, Toy shaking her head.

“Howd downsies, fwiends.” She asked her crew, each of them stamping a hoof down onto the stallion’s legs.

“Am biggest smawty mawe naow. Yew bad daddeh. Su bad!” The mare stood over him, the stallion flipped down onto his back. Bending down she would take his special-lumps in her mouth, clamp her teeth down against excess skin, yank and twist back.

“SCREEEEEE!” The stallion screeched, shitting himself in the process. “SPECIAW-WUMPS! NUUUU! SU HUWTIES! NEE’ HUGGIES! NEE’ WUB!” The mare spit the severed testicles from her mouth. Raised a hoof.

“Nu mowe! NU MOWE! AM ONWY WITTEW BABBEH!” A stallion saying this to his own daughter was, of course, nonsensical. Toy wouldn’t listen, instead she pounded her hoof down against his no-no stick. Wham! Slam! Crack! She demolished the thing which had given her so many hurties, had given her babbehs which she could never even love. There wouldn’t be anything left after but a bloody smear of gore, the appendage basically having been scraped right off his body. He couldn’t run away, either. His pelvis had been crushed from the attack.

“Toy wub mummah! Toy wub Sketti! Toy HAECHU!” The mare screamed at him, turning from the stallion. He wept and screeched on the ground, even reverting to a series of peeps and chirps because he couldn’t articulate any words.

With that, she trotted away from the broken mess. Her herdmates finally released Rex, though he couldn’t go anywhere. His backlegs were useless and the front ones just led him into a patch of shattered glass as he attempted to crawl from the trashpile. He continued to peep and chirp against the cold night, though nobody would come to his aid.

Back at the nest, everyone would share in a feast of noodles which had been pulled from a trashcan. Toy tumbled around with all of her little sisters and brothers, lovingly giving their ears licks and giggling. She’d done her best and would always do so.

44 Likes

Oh I do hope Rex lives.

Evil like that doesn’t deserve to die. Not when there’s so much suffering left for him to experience.

14 Likes

Why did Rex get abandoned? Its a big loss to throw away an alicorn.

4 Likes

Humans suck. Purebred dogs and cats get abandoned all the time and they’re not a nuisance like ponies

4 Likes

Well done, Toy! Glad she finally got her own back on Rex.

2 Likes

Hardly evil. Just selfish and stupid. People live their whole lives just like Rex. Evil implies forethought and an understanding of consequences

1 Like

Lovely story, good baby gets treated bad, makes the ultimate sacrifice, and comes out on top of the world. Personally would love to see why rexs owner abandoned him and how he suffers in his final moments but thats a story for another time

4 Likes

15 Likes

I love it so much lol. All of the babbehs with their big sister, very sweet

3 Likes
2 Likes

Well done, Toy <3

2 Likes

Good for Toy, I’m glad she got her happy ending!

2 Likes

Naw that kind of thinking is why bad things keep coming back like they’re herpes. No half measures

Good series. I loved the idea of an Alicorn who’s behaves like an absolute monster because he could get away with it. Just not so much a fan of “Oh Alicorns are as common as regular fluffies now and no one is afraid of them”.

1 Like

Some say that a quick death gets them to hell faster. But if they’re going to hell for all eternity anyway, then why not add to their suffering in this life as well? You can’t add to Infinity, but you can add to a few days; a few weeks. And their last moments on earth are what they’re always going to remember, anyway, so why give them comfort?

This leads back to one of those ultimate primordial questions mankind has struggled with for eons.

Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do?

2 Likes

In this instance I wouldn’t call them common exactly. They are, however, most definitely feared/hated because Mud wonders if Toy calls her father a monster purely because he’s an alicorn. In my headcanon though they’re not hated because they look different but because they’re often the meanest. Typically they’re the most expensive and most spoiled when they are pets which leads to them developing cruel personalities.

Conversely that could be also why they aren’t as rare in my stories because their mothers don’t have fits of tard rage and kill them for no reason. That never really made sense to me and I think it’s dumb.

6 Likes

That was mostly later on with /b/'s interpretation of hive where suddenly fluffies became ruthless foal killers because it was easier to make “justified abuse” if a fluffy smashed a foal (Especially a valuable Alicorn or “Poopie babbeh” because it’s always the “Poopie babbeh”). The older, establishing Alicorn canon is that the reason Alicorns were rare is that if a regular type of fluffy birthed one. They wouldn’t kill it in a rage. They’d abandon it because they were terrified of it and run away from it (And sometimes leave the rest of the foals behind they are so scared). So the Alicorn foals would most of the time starve to death in the wild.

In domestic settings Fluffy parents would beg their human owners to take away the “Monster” and mares wouldn’t feed it because they were terrified that they would be eaten. That’s how they became rare because most of the time, they died unless there was human intervention or they were incredibly lucky to have both Alicorn parents who knew there was nothing wrong. Regular fluffies were terrified of them so they couldn’t be mixed with general population fluffies as well. So there was always a bitter sweetness to being an Alicorn that they were more emotionally intelligent and had the best physical traits of all three types. But they were incredibly lonely.

I like the idea of rare cases of Alicorns going smarty and using their status as a “Monster” to terrify and beat down other fluffies because it would make a change from them normally being mary sues with plot armor. It’s just when they are common enough that other fluffies just accept them it kind of takes away from the mystique and uniqueness of them.

4 Likes

Eh I’m not trying to discredit anything you or the community likes but I think that as a cop-out. I think a fluffy mother would prize an alicorn just as a human would. Poopie hate makes more sense than that and even then just barely and inspires the whole ‘All poopies are nice’ schtick and the poopie savior trope.

In my headcanon they’re all more or less created equally in their own eyes (with maybe alicorns attaining some kind of a mythical status in herds), unless otherwise told not to by humans. If they have a prejudice it’s because they’ve been conditioned to, in my stories usually through FluffTV which has really horrible ways of entertaining/educating their audience.

2 Likes

throws up everywhere

2 Likes