Toybox - Part 4 by AtlanticHillfolk

Nestor controlled the Build-a-Bitz swarm to begin carving out an ideal play place for what he had in mind. The swarm, acting under his own mental instruction hauled stones, twigs and grass like a very driven swarm of tiny round ants as Nestor looked down at his creation.

He carved a near perfect three-foot radial circle in the sand, the upper part of which was cut off by the small portion of pond it intersected with and the left portion of which contained the box-of-foals itself.

Near the lower right portion of the circle a portion of the swarm shallowed out a small hole in the spot where the sand began to turn to dirt for a toilet.

The other portion of the swarm hollowed out the partially rotten log leaving a pile of wood shavings just outside of the log and creating a very basic fluffy apartment in the log.

Finally, he had the swarm carry and small stones into a pile in the dead center of the circle that he crowned with a flat piece of slate and etch out another distinct line in the sand a foot further out from the first line that was marked with X’s crossing through the line.

To drive the point home, Nestor had the swarm assist him in creating a very shitty ‘spike wall’ made of twigs and threaded grass. He secretly hoped that was obvious enough for these idiots, but smirked to himself as he thought more about it.

His ‘fluffy village’ finally build, he sent the swarm back to its cylinder to hide while he walked over to the large plastic habitat.

Nestor reached down an began to take the plastic walls out of some the cells, opening the box up into a much more open concept space while keeping the milk dispensers in their places. The brown foal winced at the sound of its wall being moved, curling deeper into a shuddering ball.

Once the walls were removed, the chirpies started to blindly wiggle their way across the plastic floor, creating gross little trails of brown as they dragged their soiled bellies across the floor. The three talkie fluffies simply looked on in confusion.

As he finally finished his setup, he laid the plastic walls to the side and dusted his hands on his coat, before looking down to address the fluffies in the box.

“Hello Fluffies!”

“Hewwo widdwe mistah! Be nyu daddeh! Gib babbeh toysies an wub!”

“Nu! Nu be daddeh to ugwy babbehs! Be bestests’ nyu daddeh!”

“H-hewwo…”

The chirpies all peeped at the sound of his voice, although from distress or excitement he could hardly tell. Except the brown one, its quiet ‘huu-huuing’ in the background was very clearly distress, and a fair bit of pain.

“Hmm.” Nestor hummed as he feigned consideration for a moment.

“Y’know what, yes, I’ll be the new daddy for all of you! And I’ll give you toys and love and sketties and everything!”

The talkie foals lost their tiny minds at that, even the brown one chanced a half-opened eye toward him as the other clapped their hooves and looked up toward him with a hungry joy in their eyes.

“If you win the game!”

The foals immediately paused in their celebration, as though struck by the fact that there could be a condition on everything he just said. The orange one, a filly by the looks of it, puffed her cheeks at him and shouted back at him.

“Babbeh nu wan pway gamesies, Babbeh wan sketties!”

“I don’t recall giving you the option not to play with me. Besides, good fluffies follow the ru-”

“NU WAN PWAY, WAN SKETTIES!” “Sketties! Babbeh wan sketties! Can hab sketties nao?!” “Peep… Sket’ies?”

Within mere moments the other foals had started a demanding squeal for sketties that had even gotten the chirpies riled up.

Nestor considered trying to impress upon them the importance of following the rules, but after a moments consideration he realized a more fun way to do it.

He leaned down and picked up the alicorn foal from the box, shaking him gently to make sure he had left any pee or poo in the box with the other chirpies, before placing him down in his hand.

“Listen carefully.” Nestor commanded, staring the foal in the eye as he did. “There are lots of monsters in these woods…”

“M-m-munstahs!”

“Oh yes, monsters. And they do terrible things to little fluffy foals like you and them. But, lucky for you, I know human magic to keep the monsters away! Would you like to know how it works?”

The puke colored alicorn looked him in the eye with a terrified look and nodded fervently. Nestor moved him down closer to the ground and pointed to the circle.

“You see that circle? Everything inside of that circle is safe from the monsters, monsters won’t hurt you there.”

“You see the other circle, the one with the X’s. That is the border of my powers, its more dangerous to be between the two, but it should still be safe. Mostly.”

He tapped the stone in the middle of the circle. “Sometimes, I’ll ask for something from you fluffies. If you put what I want on the stone, good things will happen, if you don’t, bad things will happen. I may add more rules later, but that’s all for now.”

Nestor raised an eyebrow at the alicorn foal.

“You understand?”

“Yus… tink su…”

“Good. Cause now, you’ll have to explain that to them.” He replied, pointing over at the loudly whining box.

The alicorn cast him a nervous glance and tried to say something, but Nestor simply placed him down just beside the box and strode over to loosen a detachable exterior panel and let the fluffies out. He looked back to the alicorn with a malicious grin.

17 Likes

If they treat the alicorn poorly, I hope this is the catalyst that makes it despise the others to the point of sabotaging them.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to Nestor’s plan >:)
Also i love Aurix’s idea of the alicorn sabotaging them if they’re too mean

1 Like