Toys in the Attic (April Theme Event, 2022)

Another month draws to a close, with a new one taking it place.
Time has a way of moving onward like that, leaving the past in it’s wake.
I’ve been thinking about time quite a lot lately. More specifically about generations, current and past.

Fluffies are the new generation of toys,
but previous generations still exist.
And though people will grow bored of their toys, they’re always there and waiting for someone new to come along and find the joy in them again.

I wonder how fluffies would react to finding the toys of yesteryear; More simple toys that our parents and grandparents enjoyed.
Wind-up cars, tiny army men, cymbal-clacking monkeys, Jacks in Boxes, spinning tops, Slinkeys, lawn darts, chemistry sets with real Uranium! There are thousands of toys you could choose from, and every one of them is “new” and wondrous to a fluffy that has never seen such things.

So I ask you to tell me about them.
Show me what happens when biotoys meet their predecessors.

This will be an official Theme Event, and as such it will be judged by a popular vote among the community. There will be at least three winners from among the entries, and there will be badges awarded to the winners.
This Theme Event will begin on April 1st, and will continue through April 21st, when we will compile the entries and open polling.

Multiple entries from a single creator will be grouped together to ensure that no single creator walks away with all the badges.
In the event of a tie, the tie-breaking selection will be done by our FluffyCommunity.com staff.

Good luck to all of you, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

32 Likes

Reading this with my 20yo plushie next to me :)) time truly flies

9 Likes

Oh, I can already see the many deaths by Jarts many a fluffy will suffer through…

What about those who modified the toys from long ago into something that is different than the original? Is a Super Soaker still a “toy” even if it becomes apart of a flamethrower for the grown child? Is a Nerf Gun still a “toy” modified to be able to make injuries to an actual small child? Is home made things as a child still a toy? Can I let my first of a dozen built potato and t-shirt cannons be called toys?

Yeah, I’m going to do these things and more. Sadly, no, I am not going to post on the first, but a lot on the Holy Day of Mary Jane Appreciated, not to be confused with the mustache evil guy from WW2’s birthday.

4 Likes

Blanket answer: YES!

3 Likes

Never had them but cap guns and firecrackers sure would make for some fun fluffy toys.

Fun for me not the fluffy of course

1 Like

The only thing I got is fluffies being tortured by having to listen at full blast Aerosmith’s 1975 album Toys in the attic continuously in an attic!

Sounds like yall are going for a generally non-electronic thing? Maybe some bells and whistles and lights but no Atari or arcade cabinets? Or are yall thinking more around the 50s and 60s?

Is it more in the spirit to use toys that are in-universe old? What are yall feeling about modern or near-future remakes/updates of classic toys?

Mostly I had Lego.
And some board games.

1 Like

deadline?

oh sorry

1 Like

All of that works fine.
(Personally speaking I’d like to see a fluffy version of the electric board game Operation, but that’s just where my mind went. )

2 Likes

I love the idea of the clapping monkey and jacks and the boxes scaring the shit out of a fluffy cause even now those monkeys and their soulless eye creep me out

2 Likes

Not gonna lie I wish I had thought of it sooner… :frowning:

April, FOALS day.

Would have been a great first week of april event to show off adorable april foals / foal based mischief & pranks. :slight_smile:

You guys mind if I post an unofficial event/contest? @Virgil

4 Likes

I’m okay with it

3 Likes

Jarts or lawn darts or something. That was my first thought. I feel predictable…

1 Like

Well I did mention them in the post…so I’d say a lot of people’s minds would go there.

1 Like

No I mean even thinking vaguely about the connection between fluffy pony and “generations” of toys, the brain went to the stabbiest old toy. Not something cute.

1 Like

My entry is getting kind of long. I might be splitting it into hugbox and not-hugbox parts.

That’s completely acceptable

Reminder, the entries for “Toys in the Attic” end on April 21st.

1 Like