Tread Lightly (Fanart for: Ace, Artist: AmbitiousLeather8309)

Upon a plain stone pedestal before the closed mine shaft stood a solitary bronze figure. Much tinier than other memorials of its kind, the figure is a small, scruffy fluffy pony smiling up at all who pass by, holding up a lantern with a big smile and an eternally wagging tail.

Aging miners who rememberd John in life bring their grandchildren here for picnics, to scamper among the wildflowers that sprang up when the mine closed and pay homage to the smallest and most unlikely of heroes.

See how his little hardhat, his muzzle, his back and his little hoof booties have been touched so often by human hands that the tarnish never greened with age? Even in death, the goodest boy gets so many head pats. Below him reads a plaque:

Tread lightly, for here sleeps

Big John the Fluffy Pony

Who sacrificed himself to save the lives of his friends.

@Ace bravo, my dude. really great story.

and yes, i did give him a filet o fish.

48 Likes

Wonderful illustration of a wonderful story

3 Likes

A great image of the best fluffy ever. :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Perhaps the first story where i felt bad that the fluffy met a bad end…

7 Likes

A proper tribute to a fluffy folk hero! :sandwich:

2 Likes

:stuffed_flatbread: :heart:

1 Like

Statues of dogs rubbed smooth on the head by countless passing human hands are one of the world’s delights. And this fluffy was a good boy and deserves to join them.

4 Likes

Damn this is so cool. I absolutely love it. Glad the lil dude got a filet-o-fish, he deserves it.

5 Likes

It’s also not a statue but the actual stuffed corpse of the fluffy Big John.

2 Likes

You died a good boy

3 Likes

La unica tumba de un fluffie ,que si estuviera cerca iria a visitar.siempre admiro a los buenos tipos

2 Likes

This fluffy shows the whole world what a good fluffy can be!!! Thank you little guy

1 Like