Trying to draw fluffies for the first time (by SimonTheWeirdo)

It’s niche, and doesn’t have a media franchise driving it. I doubt we’ll ever get really big.

4 Likes

That’s not a bad thing though.
We are a weirdo offshoot of MLP, and pretty stand alone.

2 Likes

I think there’s so much lore in the fandom so far we could completely forget about mlp ever existing and the fandom still wouldn’t change much tbh

1 Like

We are pretty divorced from MLP beyond some gags.
And I am okay with that.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of a relief. Like I love when new people come around but I’d rather the comunity stays small enough to be able to avoid it getting fludded with toxic people

2 Likes

You mean the old booru ?
That place was …very cynical, very toxic, very abuse orientated.
And the comments downright hatefull

Oculus writes some great stories and weaves in lore and concepts deftly.
But that post also has some of the original booru reactions to the Orginal kitsune fluffy.
And they are almost all negative.

The booru is gone and something better took its place.

2 Likes

Luckily I got in the fandom once the booru was already dying. I started off on reddit so it was more calm, then I came here like a month ago and was overwhelmed with how nice and supportive everyone is. It’s refreshing, really.

And I’ll be sure to check that out! It seems interesting. It’s kinda sad the original comments were so negative,though

2 Likes

That’s so amazing! I love your idea of pegasi, it’s so pretty!

4 Likes

A very supportive community despite the content and idea behind fluffies.
But i think that other content other then abuse being allowed to flourish also helps the community.
all kind of boxes are allowed to spread their wingsies so to speak.

I blame the ability to anon post for that.
Its easy to fling shit from behind an anon name and asshole around.
It’s something else, when you need to sign up to be able to post and interact.

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! They’re the hardest to draw but it’s worth it in the end >:3

3 Likes

Is that another big talent I see? :eyes: Amazing stuff. Welcome to the community and enjoy your stay!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! I love the community already. Everyone is so warm, supportive and encouraging so far.

And I wouldn’t say I’m a big talent. I just spend hours drawing nonstop instead of sleeping lol

1 Like

Please take care of your health first and foremost. You only have one of those.

3 Likes

I guess you’re right, I’ve been kinda sleep deprived lately

1 Like

I’m blown away by how good these fluffies look! These ones look like mythical creatures in a story book!

1 Like

RTX fluffy

I love it, making realistic/horse looking fluffies is no easy feat. Great job!

1 Like

those are very pretty!

1 Like

What cute art! I love your semi-realistic take on fluffies, and the pegasus feathers are so cute ( I might try to steal that idea :smiling_imp: )

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I’m glad you like them!

Thank you!!! You’re right, it wasn’t easy. I had to look up lots of references and even study some horse anathomy. But even then, making cartoony drawings isn’t easy either. I’m not good at cartoony stuff at all lmao