turned my oldest oc (of 15 years) into a fluffy (Rotking)

I’m way to charitable as usual.
But this is a wholly different character just turned in to a fluffy, it even says so in the title.
I’m sure the oc itself is fine as a human but as a fluffy she is a tad OP.

Though the only thing I generally have an issue with is “killed their previous owner” , but that’s just me.

Besides this is a new user do we all need to harangue them because they fluffiefied an 15 year old OC they clearly care for ?

2 Likes

I mean, I am sorry if this user had a Mary Sue OC for so long and nobody has told them so earlier.

Please note I have no issues with the artist themselves, their art or the idea of a “badass” fluffy.

However, if you make a public showcase of your own work, criticism should be expected, new user or not.

The drawing is good, they just need to hone their “storytelling” abilities, because right now, we have a rather dislikeable character who is dangerously close to Coldsteel the Hedgehog.

2 Likes

Yeah there is that and i have no issues with that.
We are just a small community as is, and i’d rather not see that we chase new people off.

Not so much asspatting newbies, as being less harsh.
( But I generally always try to be reasonable and seek a middle ground )

I wouldnt say the character is dislikable though.
All we got is a a list of bullet points that go hm yeah that aint no fluffy.
But we know very little of the characters personality or backstory
( yes way to charitable again as usual)

1 Like

Too charitable indeed.

Mary Sues are widely disliked characters by definition.

Also, allow me to correct you: we know EVERYTHING about this character, because the author pointed out everything, from her past as an abused fluffy, to her present steamrolling bad fluffies and adopting unwanted foals. From her being the silent, brooding type to her being a skilled hunter taking trophies from the many humans slaughtered.

Even her bloody pronouns and the fact she speaks spanish.

I like too think balanced, ahem.

They are indeed unless they have something of a personality that not bestest ( yeah as if)
Or are there to make a point ( satirical or otherwise )

Much wolverine, very logan, such patch.
My biggest issue is that this fluffy kills humans
Fluffies should not be capable of doing that.

I go less of an issue that she speak spanish.
Fluffies are bio toys i’m sure they can speak lots of languages or can pick it up.

A fluffy raised in a Spanish speaking neighborhood speaks Spanish, that just seems logical to me.

Another thing that varies due to headcanon though- language wise, a lot of people write fluffies as having a ‘pre-programmed’ language ability. However there’s no reason all Fluffies would solely only comprehend English- that’s one thing that has been played around with here. Everything from having it trained to them to having some hidden brain ‘switch’ to mess with their language ‘settings’ I’ve seen before!

Unfortunately I do agree on the ‘OC donut steel’ cringe- I would completely understand ( and it could be an interesting story idea ) an abused fluffy that would try to find other abused fluffies and help them, but actually killing a HUMAN abuser is pure ‘lol no’ let alone a lone fluffy ‘hunting’ them.

1 Like

I remember seeing a comis where some kids shove a screw driver up a stray fluffies, ass and it starts talking in different languages.
Which freaked the kids out.
Can’t remember the artist though.

Thats honestly the best part of the OC the possible potential.
I see here as an ex fluffy pit fighter would would explain a lot of steele donute.
down to the sharp teefers and damaged voice box.

Bur killing and hunting humans ?
Yeaah, nah.

2 Likes

Yeah the screwdriver comic was one of the versions I was specifically thinking of! Fluffies aren’t supposed to be very smart but obviously can speak and without even learning from their parents, so programming is one obvious way around it. Naturally given the amount of butt trauma fluffies get put through around here, hiding a switch in that area probably would not work well, but that’s what makes it funny!

And yeah I didn’t want to go completely negative, I wanted to point out the potential for an interesting character once the more outrageous bits were removed or dealt with. I was taught in my art classes that constructive criticism was a good thing but it had to be constructive- just saying something is bad is not helpful, pointing out mistakes but also pointing out good ideas is how you help others grow as an artist.

1 Like

We are on the same page there then.
Comic and all
I just always feel that fluffies started as biotoys so it would be logical if they were able to talk and understand different languages .

Thats the big issues with the OC here to be honest
She has lots of potential, most of the things can be explained very easily with “ex fluffy fighter”.
But it’s all our interpretation what we would make of it.
The original artist has to pick it up and run with it, and I don’t think they will.
Assuming they return.

Agreed.
Saying "lulz that donutte steele sux"doesn’t help it just discourages.
Pointing out good ideas and ways to improve do help, but the other person must want to improve.

And well considering this is based on a 15 year old OC, and people get very very attached to OC’s that old.

In short best thing is to create a new fluffy, and not adapt an exciting oc to one.

1 Like

a bit of advice unless a mod tells you that you have done something wrong just laugh at everyone saying merysue bad noooooooooooo fluffys can’t do that

1 Like

I’d be just inclined to remark upon the utterly uncreative faggotiness of a human with sharp teeth, half a face, edgy clothes, but a family that actually likes them because they’re quiet and introverted but also sociable enough to form a circle.

I wish this trash would’ve died in the sonic fandom. But it hasn’t.

1 Like

Honestly it would be just funnier if they are all surface level “ow the edge” and then turn out to be a very friendly social person with a massive family of equally scary looking but friendly mofo’s

Not exactly original but more then just “donutte steelle”

Indeed, but it doesn’t look like this was the case.

Nothing in the character bio indicates much more than “ow the edge” levels of sonicness.

1 Like

I think we are beating a fluffy to death by this point though.
Only the OP awnser all these things or alter the “ow teh edge” character.

2 Likes

Yeah, though I think they ran for the hill by now, seeing their radio silence.

1 Like

I’m thinking the same.
They havent been on in 3 days.

Shame cause the art was pretty good and we are fairly tiny as is.

1 Like

idc im having fun

???
naw

That’s good to know.

y’all are way more serious about this than you should be
besides this was my first ever fuckin thing ive made lighten up babe