Tutorial: How to Make a Fluffy Comic Using Digital Techniques (Fluffus)

Let me know if any of this was helpful to you.

36 Likes

That’s super cool! Wow!

1 Like

Nice!
And hard work.
My compliments :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

You are the best, Pinky u_u

Fluffus you’re a pro and your artstyle a callback to a halcyon era of comic books

Never change my dude

1 Like

Super helpful, thank you!
I have a Huion Kamvas 13 but I wanna grab an ipad in the future too so I can work when I’m out of home with free time. (Ipad is expensive affffffff >:d)
keep the good work man!

2 Likes

Looks better than the tiny Bamboo I used to have. You’ll do just fine without the big spend : )

1 Like

yeah it’s pretty good to use
But I have to find something that I can carry everywhere xD

2 Likes

Very nice! Thank you for taking the time to document all this!

1 Like

Took like 3 hours to do this vs 20 hours for a full page of comic ; )

1 Like

Jeeeeez.

What I really appreciate is how universal this all is. It’s all the basic techniques rather than a deep dive into procreate.

← Samsung Galaxy Tab 6, cute little thing, switching between Sketchbook and Infinite Paint. At some point I’ll get to using my Huion my brother gave me but it’s at my computer desk whereas I do most my fluffy stuff on the porch, in bed, etc.

1 Like

Most raster graphics editors are very similar in their core functionality.

If you have a good idea of what you want to do you can usually figure it out pretty quickly in any of them, provided you’re already familiar with at least one.

1 Like

Yep. Some folks go straight into the specific details though.

I’ve worked in newspaper production for 14 years and now a print shop. I’ve used PageMaker, Creator, Quark, InDesign, Microsoft Publisher and Affinity Publisher. I’ve used GIMP, Photoshop, Paint shop Pro, Corel Painter, Paint.net, and others.

Your guide here is exactly what newbies need but don’t ask for.

1 Like

Thank you!

Also… PageMaker! That brings back memories.

1 Like

Aldus or Adobe? :smiley:

1 Like

Adobe, I think. This was back in ‘95-ish.

1 Like

I have the artistic capability of a pillowfluff but nevertheless I always find these posts very interesting, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Our community is home to people with poor-to-low art skills, but outstanding storytelling and visual communication skills. Someone like @RQ is an absolute legend, but uses only the most basic of art skills.

We sometimes see people with decent-to-good art skills who have poor storytelling and visual communication skills, like Agnostic.

We rarely get people with good art skills and great storytelling skills, like McGonnagall.

And that’s not even touching whether the stories these people chose to tell are good or not, just their ability to deliver them.

It’s not what you’ve got, it’s how you use it.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s always that way: it’s not being able to do something, but the will to do it.

1 Like