Twibewone (by Booperino)

Sequel to Triangle Baby (by Booperino)

42 Likes

Tom and Jerry is the shit

4 Likes

they just gonna keep her in there?

aight cool

3 Likes

Only untill the formula runs out (so like 2 weeks) or untill she opens her eyes, whichever comes first.
Less a case of cruelty and more of pragmatism since it’s a safe enough place with the resources she needs.

5 Likes

fair enough ig

I don’t actually know how they’re intended to work, is the can supposed to just support the foal until it’s bought by an owner, who then releases it? Or is it supposed to stay inside until it runs out of formula, at which point the owner releases it, or the foal just dies inside?

2 Likes

I’ve always interpreted the foal in a can thing, even if I don’t really like it as a concept, as basically what you described: either someone buys it and releases it or the formula runs out and it eventually starves to death. Some head canon have breeding and maintaining fluffies so inexpensive you can get them for $5 USD; I assume the foal in a can thing is an alternative to that that also functions as a cheap way to pick them up.

4 Likes

I’m of the belief foals in a can were made with the intent of being discarded by people, as a way for hasbio to commit mass “elimination of surplus stock”, because of how cheap they seem to be to be made and sold for.
Owners who actually buy one with the intent of letting them grow outside the bottle after a few weeks are the exception in this point of my headcanon timeline (the “fluffys are biotoys and hasbio has an excess of them people aint buying so they gotta find ways to sell it”)

4 Likes

I assume most of the price is for the can itself, since it’s a lot fancier and probably worth more than the average foal

4 Likes

Guessing the target audience in that case is abusers who need a quick fix

go to the nearest machine, bam 5$ foal in your hands

2 Likes

The formula, too, since depending on who’s writing fluffy pony milk can be difficult to recreate (sugar balance, I guess, as it’s usually described as being very sweet). I think technically it’s overall better for them but doesn’t taste as appealing. Pretty sure at least one artist who was doing an illustrated foal in a can concept came up with the idea it could be a selling point to owners that if you buy a fluffy this way they’ll be less likely to ask for and want sweets as they get older.

2 Likes

that, kids who get fishes and dont care about them after a week, people who want to get a rare fluffy like its a gacha game
and the occasional weirdo who is looking for a cheap foal to care for

1 Like

Just made me realize how fish are the closest thing to fluffies in terms of pets irl, at least in terms of how we treat them

shoot where’s the aquafluff in a can?

2 Likes

Drowned.

3 Likes

:joy: rest watchin tom and jerry snake…its getting weird i your dream

2 Likes

Either that or stuck in a tiny plastic cup with no circulating water slowly being deprived of oxygen

thank god we don’t treat animals like that IRL right?
petco-betta-fish-livekindly-plant-based-news

4 Likes

…after i saw how bad and how little instructions is given for the care of small fishes i feel so bad for all the ones i got as a kid…

2 Likes

yeah me too, I think everyone can relate

2 Likes

I know he meant the cartoon, but it’s also a name of a drink (similar to eggnog) and now Snakefood drinks a Tom and Jerry before bed in my head.

2 Likes

HERE’S EVERYONE’S FRIENDLY REMINDER: BETA’S NEED AT LEAST A 5 GALLON TANK, A FILTER, A HEATER, AND A BUNCH OF DECORATIONS FOR THEM TO EXPLORE AND HIDE.
They CAN live in puddles, but that’s not their natural habitat. Their natural habitat is often this:

Large rice fields. Lots of space for them, lots of space to make their own little territories.

3 Likes