"two unicorns absent from eden" (Florida_clementine)

By florida clementine- My name, is Rosalina. I live in my south georgia cottage near the st.marys river, with my loyal fluffy unicorn, honey bloom, She is white, with a golden mane and beutiful honey eyes. I first discovered her nearby in the fishing village up at the river. Honey bloom is very loving, and very playful and kind, but she is also very useful. Why did I name her honey bloom? Well, let me tell you a story about honey bloom, and how she came to be mine, and just what makes her so special. One day, I was collecting blackberry leaves to make tea, as I walked through the forest, listening to the songbirds as they soothed me with their usual morning melodies. As I placed the tea leaves in my basket, I smiled as the sunshine from the canopy glistened it’s rays at me and soothed me with it’s warmth, and scattered it’s golden rays across the forest floor. I began to walk across the side of the babbling brook, hoping to find sweet flowers from which I could make teas and sell in the square, but sadly, even in georgia, flowers are more rare in the winter time, though I do still find them. In this forest, there are less. Up north, there are no flowers, as there are only oceans of skeletal trees, and here our winters are more akin to northern autumns, with sunny days and trees with red, yellow, vibrantly colored foliage like the sunset. Northerners, when they visit here, often buy fresh flowers, vegetables, and fruits. That combined with there decreasing in number yet being higher in demand from northerners, makes flowers of higher value in the winter. People here grow flower gardens and such, but it’s the wildflowers that fetch the highest price. As I walk along the brook, I find some daisies after a while, but nothing else. I let out a long, defeated sigh. Perhaps that is the only thing I will find today. Unless im wrong. At this point, I’m pretty close to the village, and I suddenly hear a shrill screetch- “eek! Vermin get out of my garden, you money eater!!! Get away, shoo!” I see an old woman chasing a fluffy with her rake, she starts mercilessly hitting the poor thing, and I can’t bear watching as I rush over to intervene. “Stop! Eating! Away! At! My! flower! Garden!” “Nuuuuuu, fwuffy sowwy, fwuffy onwy want pwetty Nummies! Why huwt fwuffy?” Then, at the edge of her white picket fence, I call to her into her garden- “misses penny haddock, please, stop!” Suddenly, she stops, and looks over at me in surprise. “Miss rosalina mam, this wicked little vermin keeps eating away at all me flowers!” (Penny haddock is from England) as we are talking and distracted, the unicorn manages to limp towards me through the fence, and finds refuge in holding onto my leg. “Tank you fo saving fwuffy fwom scawy munstah, munstah huwt fwuffy! Huggies!” “Monster?!” Says penny haddock “me?! Why the bloody nerve!” As she fans her face with her hand. “Well.” I say as I pick up the furry little creature “perhaps to them, you may be, after all, your so much bigger, and smarter than them, that can be a pretty scary thing. I think this whole thing was just a misunderstanding.” I then look at the little unicorn, and ask them “your sorry, aren’t you dear?” “Yes!” Said the creature “fwuffy gude fwuffy! Fwuffy sowwy!” I began to pet them gently as I looked to ms.haddock. “well then, see ms. Haddock? it’s all just a misunderstanding.” Ms haddock sniffed in disgust, glaring am me, and more so glaring at the unicorn. “How could you have compassion for that VERMIN? It’s an abomination not created by god, but the sins of mankind! It’s existence more cursed due to arising from more sin than a bastard child! Though fitting for you, as your a bastard yourself after all. if when adam was naming all the creatures he came across-” ms.haddock looks the unicorn in my arms up and down in horror and then turns up her nose in disgust. “-THIS. Well he would beg god to cast it out, or perhaps this little thing would have gotten to the apple before us and made things even worse!” And with that, she stormed towards her little victorian abode, hiking her skirt up across the garden, and slamming the doors. I looked down at the unicorn in pity. No living thing, should be shamed for where it came from. Just as we never ask to exist, neither do they. Humans, are of worse harm to the environment than fluffies could ever be- and fluffies themselves attest to that with there mere existence. The fluffy, seems to have passed out, and I see it’s now covered in blood. "“Your bleeding” I mumble “I need to get you to the cottage where I can treat your wounds, and right away!” I dash through the forest, carrying this precious bundle in my arms. I clear everything off my table with a single swipe of my arm, letting it fall to the floor in entropy, and I place the fluffy there. “Yarrow.” I mumble “goldenrod”. “Vinager” as I gather a wide array of herbs to create wraps, I use my thumb to bring the fluffies mouth slightly ajar, and put in a tea made of a mixture of lavender and willow bark with lemon. “There.” I mumble “this should help with the pain and to help you sleep and fight off infection.” The fluffy coughs lightly in its slumber. I continue to rush, creating herb wraps and teas, and adding vinager to the wound to fight infection. I finish what I’m making, and I stitch the fluffies wound shut where it is most critical on the gash on its side first, after shaving the hair around the wounds, and then move on to the more minor wounds in the same way. Then, I cover the wounds after treating them with vinager one more time with a healing herb salve, and the. Apply the wraps and bandages, and give the fluffy more herbal broth. The fluffy is still sleeping, and the sun, is setting. “I’ll let it sleep for the night.” I mumble to myself. “Though on the table wont do.” I place the fluffy on a pillow in a basket by the fireplace, and I bring my pillows and blanket to rest by the fluffy as it sleeps to keep watch over it in the night. - to be continued if story is seemingly enjoyed enough thus far

5 Likes

a couple line breaks so that this isn’t just a flat wall of text might go a long way.
otherwise an okay start.

Thank you! Yeah maybe I should do that