Unfriendly Rivals by (that1hugboxer)

This is a continuation of the following stories numbered for order of reading

1 : Geiswell acres by (that1hugboxer)

2: Beneath Geiswell acres by (that1hugboxer)

3: There is no Geiswell acres by (that1hugboxer)

4: [Redacted] report 1 by (that1hugboxer)

5: The sons of 64 by (that1hugboxer)

6: The Klondike special by (that1hugboxer)

7: Guys night by (that1hugboxer)

8: G.I Hell gremlin by (that1hugboxer)

9: Ouida’s looking glass by (that1hugboxer)

10: More than meets the eye by (that1hugboxer)

11: [Redacted] report 2 by (that1hugboxer)

12: The hounds of ??? by (that1hugboxer)

13: The man named Skip (that1hugboxer)

14: Back in the skillet by(that1hugboxer)

15: To gaze upon them by (that1hugboxer)

16: Master of the Hounds by(that1hugboxer)

17:[Redacted] report 3 by(that1hugboxer)

18: Ms Lindberg by (That1hugboxer)

19: Operation shattered mirror by (that1hugboxer)

20 : A dime a dozen by(that1hugboxer)

“Glitter! Stand down or you will be thrown in the Brig!”

You are Rameses. You are currently restraining your squad mate Glitter, who is attempting to attack Joe Klondike the bodyguard of Ms Vicky Vanderholt.

“Fine! I’ll stand down! But he will hear what I have to say!”

Glitter looks at Joe her eyes filled with ragefull tears.

“Rease 005 Fucking Died because you decided to split off from the escape group and left her and myself completely defenseless!!!”

Joe’s face contorts into an expression of anguish.

Glitter snarls.

“Don’t you dare Fucking cry!!! “

You tighten your grip on Glitter.

“That’s enough Glitter! You’ve said your piece!”

You drag Glitter off to let her cool her head.

“ talk to me Glitter.”

Glitter is staring at you from the other side of a jail cell.

Glitter sighs and begins to explain the situation.

“Joe , myself and another bim-bio designated Rease 005 were assigned together for a greater chance of survival after escaping the tunnels.”

Glitter’s hands begin to tremble as she chokes up trying to continue.

“Joe was our rescue agent and the only one in the group that had combat training. Rease 005 was a lot like Mirage, Completely traumatized by her experiences back at the underground city.”

Glitter can barely keep herself together.

“Rease 005 was incapable of defending herself. Her fight or flight response was more or less nonexistent after years of mistreatment. I swear there was no life behind her eyes ,just indifference to everything.”

“We were about 2 miles from base camp when we were attacked by one of Hasbio’s retrieval squads. Joe vanishes during the ensuing chaos and the unthinkable happens. R….Rease 005 Doesn’t even attempt fight back ,she doesn’t blink or even make a sound.”

Glitter breaks out in a cold sweat.

“After an hour of them taking turns. Rease is unrecognizable . A fleshy humanoid shape covered in bite marks , bruises , lacerations and various bodily fluids. The last thing I remember before waking up in the camps medical tent was a gunshot . If it weren’t for your patrol being in the area then I’d be dead .”

You look over at Glitter and sigh.

“Glitter. Joe didn’t abandon you.”

“W…What?!”

“The retrieval squad had him as their primary target.”

Glitter is speechless.

“He ran off to draw them away from you and Rease 005.”

“….”

“In fact he wasn’t even assigned to protect you. Hell he wasn’t even a rescue agent. He had a better chance of escaping without you two but he didn’t want to leave two completely defenseless young women behind for the sake of saving himself.”

Glitter regains her composure .

“If Joe was their primary target then why didn’t they follow him?”

“They did. Joe was tranquillized and recaptured. But not before he fired off a flare gun to alert us of your location. Whereafter both you and Joe were rescued.”

“But if that’s true why didn’t Joe come back with us to base?”

You sigh.

“Joe felt responsible for Rease 005’s death. He couldn’t face you after what happened.”

Glitter takes a deep breath.

“And that’s why he started working for Ms Vanderholt….”

“Yes.”

“Christ…I told so many people at camp that he abandoned us. If it weren’t for me. Jerrica Benton wouldn’t have had a personal vendetta against Joe. She wouldn’t have taken the assassination contract for Hasegawa Akino. Why didn’t you tell me?!”

You sigh.

“I tried many times to tell you but every time I brought up his name you refused to listen to what I had to say. Eventually I stopped trying.”

“Please let me out of here Rameses! I have to at least try to make amends!”

You chuckle.

“ the doors been unlocked the whole time.”

Glitter opens the door and runs off.

Misunderstanding or no, many of the others aren’t as forgiving as Joe and Ms Vanderholt were . Regardless of intent, three of their fellow human bio toys are dead because of this mishap. It’s going to take a long time for things to cool off. So Joe makes the decision to stay away from the camp indefinitely.

2 Likes

God, I hope this is going to be some “Marvel’s Infinity war” type shit happening

2 Likes

I originally just set out to write stories about Duncan and his friends. But it slowly became something of a contentious story.

I honestly am glad even just a few people found my stories interesting enough to keep coming back.

2 Likes

I’m not sure Rease would have survived much longer regardless. As for Glitter, she needs to learn to check doors.

1 Like

Though Joes heart was in the right place. Rease was as you correctly assumed pretty much gone. As for Glitter and the door. I’ve actually had moments of panic where something similar happened to me IRL. Spent like a solid minute trying to remember my left from my right

1 Like