Update! Boots!

Hello, everyone! :clownworld:

Short Version:

• Website launch date has been moved to 6/1/24.
  • Fluffy Fighting game is coming along nicely.
  • Card deck is also coming along very well.
  • My dev assistance for Ryou to help with FC code is coming along very slowly, but I am making progress!

Thank you to all the amazing artists who have allowed me to use their art on all three projects. It’s been a huge help! :martinidrink:

Long Version

• The Fluffy Circus website: It is coming along very nicely! I’ve got the pages done, I’ve got the boring legal stuff out of the way, I’ve got the menus/navigation completed, the text, art, etc, is all in place for the most part. The reason for the delay is that I ran into a very time consuming issue. I’m using WordPress to build the site, and they use something called “themes” to format your site for you using a premade template. However, I was unable to find one that I liked, so I’m going old school and simply building my own theme from the ground up. Lots of HTML and CSS. On top of that I have to format it so that it’s dynamic - it needs to display correctly on pc, tablet, and mobile. This is going to take some time, so I moved the launch date up. :man_shrugging:

Sneak peek: here is a look at the art gallery page.

• Fluffy Fighters: My fluffy fighting game is coming along with progress being made mostly on weekends. I’ve been learning how to use Unity as I go, which was slow and frustrating at first, but now I’m starting to get the hang of it. I’ve got the menus completed and other basic framework. I have to get that boring stuff done first before I can get to the fun part which is coding the fighters and their moves. My roster continues to add new fluffy fighters, and there are still three slots left. I will be filling them with other OCs, or possibly new characters, soon. :duckworld:

Sneak peek: Here is a look at the character selection menu with the current roster.

• Fluffy Artist Card Deck: My card project is coming along very well. I’ve been collaborating with some incredibly cool artists who have allowed me to use their art to make some fantastic looking cards. I’m in no rush, so I’ve been doing about 1-2 cards a week. I should be able to get them all done before the holidays as planned. :myeh:

Sneak peek: Just finished the 3s. Onto the 4s! Here is one that I really liked. Lookabooboo is a very talented and kind artist, and this card is going to be one of the best in the deck!

• Helping Ryou with FC code/updates: This one has been slow going. It’s because I have to learn how to install and edit the code for Discourse, which is basically what FC is made of. Once I get the development environment set up I can edit the code to get the changes that I want, such as adding a gallery shortcut to your profile dropdown menu. Once I complete testing it in the development environment I can submit the code to Ryou through GitHub where he can test it on his end and update the site with it. It sounds easy enough, but installing discourse on a server where you can edit it in a development environment is proving to be a bit of a hassle since there are so many ways to do it and all the guides I watch do it differently. I’m trying to find the easiest, cheapest way, which will take some time. And there’s also the fact that I’m working two jobs and four projects at the same time while also taking care of everything around my house because my wife has recently become disabled. Let’s just say I have not been getting a lot of sleep lol. Unfortunately, this means that helping with FC is on the back burner and usually gets taken care of last. But I did make a promise to do it and I plan on following through. I just need to dedicate a weekend to it so I can get it done. Once it’s set up the rest should be easy. :nurr:

• Personal notes: I just want to say thank you again to all of the artists who have been granting me permission to use their art. I appreciate your patience and look forward to showcasing your work. I also want to thank everyone for sending me positive messages of support. It means a lot to me and I really appreciate it. Special thanks to @Carniviousduck who has been especially supportive, he is a good dude. Also thank you @Za and the rest of TFP who have been keeping me company each day and helping me laugh a lot - it really helps my mood when I’m feeling stressed and mentally drained every day. Working two jobs is rough sometimes, especially while caring for my wife full time, and I need all the support I can get. So, thank you so sooo much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wow you made it all the way to the bottom? Here is your reward. A nice big fat art dump. :tony:

IMG_2236
IMG_2237
IMG_2238
IMG_2239
IMG_2240
IMG_2241
IMG_2242
IMG_2243

IMG_1748

18 Likes

Dude, you’re busier than a bull in a field of heifers! Nice work!

The fluffy with its tongue out hits very close to home. It just needs glasses and a kerchief.

5 Likes

Love your spinny nunchuck fluff!!

3 Likes

Holly shits you are actually doing the website!!!

AWESOME!!!

3 Likes