Versions

What did the early versions of fluffy’s looked/behaved like?

2 Likes

Probably the same?

I would imagine @Oculusfluffy had stuff on that. Maybe in their gallery you’ll find something?

1 Like

They were retarded MLP ponies that lived with the regular MLPs until the divergence happened with the Hasbio concept.

One concept lost between most current iterations and the original is the reproduction method. First versions would literally explode when giving birth

1 Like

This is a very loaded question to ask because, as I keep reiterating, it depends on headcanon. There is a hivecanon, but it has changed so much that its hard to keep track, and it also depends on familiarity with different material. Some writers may not include the concept of versions altogether, while some other writers may specify that different versions in their canon.

Not entirely, but there is a slight truth to that. One origin story was that they were actually a genetically engineered creature made to resemble a MLP character, but they were released in an incomplete state due to a PETA break-in on Hasbio. That said, there were MLP artists who drew fluffies alongside normal ponies, but this did not fall in line with the general hivecanon that was seen in stories like the Fall of Cleveland.

There is some truth to this is also, but again, depends on headcanon/hivecanon. Fluffsplosions were an attempt to explain how fluffies reproduced (i.e., a dam blowing up and dispersing foals everywhere) but that agve way to live birth. I need to find the post, by Gorodetsky suggested that fluffies were created by recycling (that is, discarded fluffies would be recycles into newer ones)

It also pays to keep in mind which artist/author you are looking at. @Hunter For instance, @Carpdime doesn’t follow the PETA break-in canon, and has his early prototype of fluffies be incapable of breeding. as implied in this picture.

~

Relooking at your question, if you’re wondering what early versions of fluffies looked like outside of canon, it would be good to check artists who were prolific early in fluffy pony history. Two examples I can think of are marcusmaximus and coalheart.. I also recommend reading my write-up on how the fandom started.

2 Likes

Probably behaviourally similar but their speech would be much different, unable to form sentences only using single words like “nummies” instead of “nee’ nummies fo tummie huwties”

1 Like

If ever any one sends you to oculus for answers just save yourself some time and say it depends on head cannon