War of the worlds (InfraredTurbine)

Yesterday, Youtube did the great favor to remind me this movie existed at night…
I love the movie (Spilberg, 2005), but oh man, it scared the fucking shit of me every time…
I hate horror movies, but this one made me shit more than I could ever shit in other scary movie xD

2026, Tripods wander around destroyed cities, in search of “raw material”.
Humans hid the best they could in all parts of the globe, but good luck didn’t want to smile to these poorly genetically created bastards, rejected by human race, but so much wanted by the new dominant race, to spread their chaos and create the perfect habitat.

For commissions, illustrations and so on, feel free to contact me!

41 Likes

The visual design and particularly the audio design of the Tripods is very effective. You captured the look perfectly.

I still prefer the version from the '50s, but they are both good.

3 Likes

My first exposure to War of The Worlds was the Jeff Wayne radio musical, it’s a version I still listen to this day.

Given Fluffies habit of off-key singing I’m happy not to see them attempt the same

4 Likes

British Imperialism scares us all, but as the movie shows they always self-destruct in the end. Not by strength of arms, but the pettiest creatures that exist.

Tory politicians.

2 Likes

~GONK!~

1 Like

Original Orson Welles broadcast (NO, I’m not that old. It was a recording) and original James Pal movie (again, I’m not that old either).

1 Like

I knew about the Welles version and the hysteria it created. But at the time I thought the Wayne version WAS the original Welles broadcast and wondered why so many people were scared of singing

3 Likes

I didn’t know that there was a musical version. Interesting!

Re. 2005 movie: an interesting tidbit is that the grandparents at the end of the movie were played by none other than Gene Barry and Ann Robinson, who played the hero and heroine in the 1953 George Pal classic.

2 Likes

mass ffect 3 also had "tripod similar stuff
their sounds were scary as well

Lets not forget Animatrix.

Summary

Oh god, help me! HELP MEEE-

Meet The Robinsons too.
Incredibles.

2 Likes

9 had crazyly good creative machines

2 Likes

Huh, maybe the aliens aren’t so bad after all.

1 Like

Nice take, shows you how fuck up these shitrat willing to sacrifice others for their own safety which in this scene both end up in their grinder machine.

Maybe this is why in this world alien ver died, drinking these shitrat weird blood causes them to fell really sick :rofl:

1 Like

Oh no, please don’t take the parasite-ridden biohazardous abominations that will spread disease through you delicate bitches like syphilis through a bathhouse, staaaahp. :joy:

2 Likes

Time to call in XCOM.

Just a heads up
today it finally arrived, since a lot of ppl told me it was a good read