Warranty Void if Seal is Broken (Part Two) (By: PeppermintParchment) FB ID: 42971

This one really hurts to read. You stab me right in the heart with some of your written work.

It’s divine.

6 Likes

Thank you! I tried to make Joe a bumbling,greedy idiot who couldn’t see the solution right in front of his face the entire time.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I’m currently working on another sadbox/horror called Downpour,I hope people enjoy it as much as they liked this one.

5 Likes

Thank you,that means a lot. My humans are generally more flawed than my fluffies,I like to approach fluffies as victims of the world they live in. It’s easier to make a believable,annoying,“evil” human than to foist all that on the fluffies.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you,I’m happy you liked it.

1 Like

Yes indeed! Joe could have sold her easy,or raised her to breed himself and made money hand over fist for a few years off her foals,but he chose to kowtow to a silly warranty on a foal-in-a-can machine instead.

3 Likes

Thanks for reading and the praise :slight_smile: I’m really glad to have gotten it back.

2 Likes

Neglect and stupidity is one of my favorite forms of abuse when it comes to fluffy stories. I doubt many people would be straight up beating fluffies to death if fluffies were real. Most fluffies that were abused would be abused by people who just ignore them,neglect them,or don’t care for them when they’re sick/injured/old. This would only be fueled by the “disposable” nature of fluffies.
Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

Thank you,I enjoy drawing and making comics,but writing is my favorite above all. I’m glad you liked it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Loved this story, Knight was such a good brother for helping his clearly pained sister. Shame Joe was such a insufferable haggler that he couldn’t accept lower than asking, which he still would’ve gotten a good chunk of fucking change for.

3 Likes

This is such a good, dark story of biotoy valuation. What price a life? etc.

I mean, I’ll level with you, anyone who’s kind of on Joe’s side is as ridiculous as he is. I’m not sure what kind of disorder you need to not realize that the hundred dollar loss in collector’s value is already gone and leaving the can intact is making it worse. It would seem impossible to ignore that conclusion even for anxiety or executive dysfinction reasons after the major infections.

But it’s not supposed to be a story about a human’s thoughts and actions so much as their repercussions, which is what I like about it. Joe is as arbitrary as the kill-or-save foal in a can machine, and the fluffy ponies are as powerless to escape the consequences of human whims outside as they were in.

9 Likes

You’re one of the greats.

I’m the other way around myself. I like writing, but art and comics is what I love.

3 Likes

Oh yeah,for sure,I agree. The obvious answer was to take her out of the can immediately,the can thing was silly to begin with. Joe is incredibly dumb,even if he is anxious,and leaving her in the can was more of an act of idiocy than anxiety.
Once Princess was “in too deep”,he’d rather ignore the problem or pretend someone else did it to her (thus the mention of rescuing her from a fictional abuser in his ads) than to hold himself accountable for any of it. He has guilt about what he did,but not enough to make him change his behavior, because he’s still holding on to the idea of $1200 dollars. When I wrote Joe,I wanted him to be dumb but not openly malicious, someone who won the golden ticket and proceeded to rip it up.
And good job for catching that about Joe and his similarities to the machine. Both foals lived and died based entirely on his whims,same as the machine.
Thank you for reading and your nice comments :blush:

6 Likes

You do work your themes really well ^^

1 Like

Thank you,I try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Joe was not a bad guy others would have killed the brother just out of frustration but this one gives him up for adoption. He was simply a bad salesman who didn’t know how to handle the issue of selling an item with an expiration date. But my blood boils that even if it’s infected, I didn’t take it out and take it to a vet if I lost 100 or even 300 dollars, but that’s better than nothing

3 Likes

Joe is simultaneously a good guy and a bad guy. He treated Knight fairly well, but that was because Knight was, ironically, not worth as much as the fluffy that he abused. Knight was more disposable, despite Knight being the fluffy he actually went to the machine with the intent to purchase. Knight was given a better chance because a “better” fluffy was present, so Knight was pushed to the side.
Joe doesn’t intentionally hurt either fluffy, but his refusal to release Princess ends up doing much more damage to both fluffies than the drill in the machine ever could. Joe has traits of being a good person for sure, but overall, in my opinion, Joe is a bad guy. He’s just the type who doesn’t realize the refusing to act is actually making a choice to continue to do wrong.
Thank you for reading, and giving Joe a fair shake as a character. He is a bad salesman and a bumbling idiot, but his intentions were good.

7 Likes

Love it. Perfect neckbeard logic of keeping it in the original packaging.

Excellent story!

6 Likes

Thank you,I’m glad you liked it :heart:

I was inspired by collectors who never remove their toys and comic books from packages because it will hurt the value.

4 Likes