We weren't ready for fluffies... [Sadbox comic] (by Mayfl0wer)

I hate fluffies because, to me, they represent some of my least favorite aspects of mankind. Like educational television, they’re a flawed caricature of the world and society. They don’t acknowledge how horrible everything is, how much suffering life contains and how selfish people can be. It’s all just some dipshit image presented to us.

They remind me a lot of adults I had to deal with in elementary school who would say all these dumb cliches that they think are so incredibly deep but really aren’t. “Life is what you make it” or “You just like being miserable” in response to unhappiness. Or “You’re bullying me” said by a middle aged man to a classmate because he wasn’t interested in his dumb lecture. Or one particular teacher’s assistant who would lecture a class of third graders about how our terrible teacher came out of retirement for us, like that was somehow our responsibility. We couldn’t even vote, what were we supposed to do about the lack of funding?

Torturing fluffies just feels like forcing the truth of reality onto concepts that otherwise wouldn’t acknowledge it. A lot of people, the rich, the religious, the very stupid, just completely deny the objective facts of suffering. All this being said, fluffies are fictional. Fiction is a moral vacuum. I’m a consequentialist, so no negative outcomes, no immorality. But fantasizing about torturing this representation of delusions people have is quite satisfying.

1 Like