Were "enfie babbehs" based on real animal behaviour?

I could believe that the concept was just invented to be shocking, but it’s actually not unknown for, for example, adult male cats to attempt to hump kittens, and it usually kills the baby animal if they succeed, so I could also believe whoever came up with it was speaking from disturbing experiences with pets. No moral judgment when it’s an animal, but fluffies seem to be expected to know better. Whether they actually do depends on headcanon.

Speaking of, fun fact; female stoats regularly survive being mated while still in the nest (don’t remember if it’s more commonly with their male nestmates or invading males) and can survive the ensuing pregnancy because they have delayed implantation, meaning the fertilised egg just sort of hangs around in there till they’re big and healthy enough to handle pregnancy and then it implants. Isn’t nature charming?

7 Likes

Thinking fluffies based on animal behavior is my first mistake when coming into the community. No. Fluffies are just sex pests like any human.

edit: also depends on headcanon, i like your observations ON animal behavior and such but its also just…fluffy ponies, midget hell horses.

8 Likes

I don’t know about enfie babbeh, but I’ve definitely based a few things in my own headcanon off of real animal behavior (microfluffies eating their babies is one). And I’ve seen some stuff by other people also inspired by real animal behavior.

4 Likes

From what I understand, not quite. Rape happens in animal kingdoms, as does infanticide (the killing of offspring), particularly killing offspring of other males. Enfie babies are essentially just the concept taken to it’s logical extreme, and could be rationalized by the fact that Fluffies were a hodgepodge of animal genes where these behaviors could’ve been merged by accident.

6 Likes

Makes sense.

(Other fun fact; dolphins and sea turtles have been known to attempt to rape human divers. Yet more reason not to go in the ocean.)

3 Likes

I’ve heard about dolphins doing that but not turtles. Huh.

2 Likes

Generally, I think most people think of Fluffies as having more human-like personalities with some animalistic behaviours, rather than the opposite.

When a Fluffy does something particularly heinous- and knows that it is- then that is generally taken as more of a Human-related thing; enfie babbehs included.

Remember that Fluffies are all a mad-science mixture of various DNA, so much of their behaviour could be explained with that. Maybe enfie babbehs are just a “crosswiring” of various DNA strands?

5 Likes

i see them as animals givin the ability to think, not well but they can. so enfie baby probably comes from the rare animalistic times it happens. but since they have the ability to think, and plan, they can come to concluions and speak to people. so they can try to justify what they do to themselves or others, while an animal just sees it as the circle of life.
Some are rapy because some people are nasty perverted sex pests, and deserve to be treated as such.
It seems to only be as common as it is in cats or dogs, or other such animals that can learn good and bad. so people assume since a fluffie can learn good and bad, they SHOULDNT be bad.
But just like people and animals, there are rare acceptations that are nasty little shits that deserve pain

All just my headcannon of course

2 Likes

I’d like to remind everyone that otters and penguins regularly rape their young, sometimes to death. Dolphins and cats essentially gang rape females, trappung them while males take turns. Some animals are pretty fucked up.

2 Likes

indeed there are few cases from animal behaviour about this but I don’t think it happens often.
However fluffies are different, as any other things depending on headcanon but usually foals are more vulnerable and won’t strongly fight back becoming an easy target. A horny fluffy can try to impress a mare and probably fail or being beated up since she already has a special friend, go for other “species” to attempt to mate it’s almost a death sentence for how dangerous it can be and considering in some headcanons many mummahs neglect the brown foals, you have a perfect storm for the enfie babbeh thing to happen.

3 Likes

To me, it seems like most people who focus on more complex fluffy behaviors do so through the lens of human behavior. While, yes, humans are animals, our behaviors are arguably more complex than any other animals.

People seem to go reductio ad absurdum with the best and worst of humanity through fluffies. Our need for love and acceptance, our gullibility, our maliciousness, depravity, and selfishness.

How human characters treat fluffies is more of the same. The good, bad, and ugly. How we treat the vulnerable; children, minorities. And how we give ourselves permission to hate and abuse “bad” people.

1 Like

Oh yep. There was one case where a scientist observed a sea otter drowning a baby seal and keeping it as a sex toy for over a week.

1 Like

Depends on the animal as to whether it’s “often”. Dogs and cats not so much if only because most of the ones we see are fixed, but apparently over half of all duck mating is forcible - hard to say it’s “rape” as such because animals obviously don’t process it that way.

2 Likes

Dolphins, penguins, and otters, are the baddest of the bad when it comes to that type of stuff

1 Like

I don’t think it was based on real animals, if only because there’s several comics where the stallion is forced into doing it via threats, drugs, extreme blueballing, etc. So my guess is that it started as an extreme “destroy these loving creatures’ innocence” abuse, which then got adopted into “the stallion actually likes it” stories, and then turned into just being a hellgremlin default trait. And when a major part of fluffies is raping babies (somehow), of course they’d designate specific victims.

I might be wrong, but that feels plausible to me.

2 Likes

Could be, they are a potpourri of random animal genes … maybe some less known traits cound have been passed to the fluffies :person_shrugging:

There are some birds known to “enf” their dead partners as a way to resurrect them

Honestly, it doesn’t bother me that much if someone write/draw enfie babbehs or go full “enfie pal jr” as long the enfiening doesn’t involve humans on it

1 Like

I think fluffies are so gone from there good animal like traits that there more close to a sadistic human kinda going as a creature that goes against gods way of life making them one of humanities greatest mistakes(idk what I’m saying I’m just tired coming up with whatever that might explain it)

2 Likes

“forceful matting” is a quite used practice on many species, heck ducks have a biological arm’s race now that I remember due to the mention, however most of it it’s between mature enough creatures to procreate. Not sure how frequent the “enfie babbeh” situation happens with animals but I’m quite sure it doesn’t happen often.

The only ones I’ve heard something similat to could be dolphins, since they force themselves on female dolphines, other species and even corpses if they have a good enough hole in their bodies… dolphines are scary…

3 Likes

All vertebrates can think, just not all in the same way.

2 Likes

Humans are the worst of all animals.

2 Likes