wet concrete (fluffsplosion)

I am a strange mixture between realistic and optimistic. I know that something might go horribly wrong. But if it happens, it happens regardless of me and how I act. So at that point, it’s best to hope for the best and prepare for the worse. If all goes well, you are glad you believed in it. If it goes bad, well, you knew the chance was there. Feeling bad about something going poorly won’t be stopped by this thinking, but you would have felt bad about it anyway even if you “knew it”.

3 Likes

For comedic purposes, of course they will find a way to get stuck in there while simultaneously drowning due to a raindrop.

From a more serious perspective, they might realize the threat and suffer minimal damage and casualties, or follow a “huggies make everything better” policy. In that case, a pretty cool modern art piece will be born, so hey, that’s neat. Or anything in between. Whether the artist follows up on this small slice of life piece, good art is always appreciated.

4 Likes

Dis sign can’t stop fwuffy cause fwuffy can’t wead.

2 Likes

I want to see what happens next!

1 Like

Doesn’t wet cement cause chemical burns?

2 Likes

No it just hardens and is a bitch to get off depending on where you get it in the fluffys case they are screwed royally

2 Likes

This is one of the first pictures I show to anyone when trying to explain fluffies. It’s a perfectly innocent picture showing cute little fluffies heading for an amusing disaster, in a scenario anyone could find funny. This picture is the classic, oldschool fluffy fandom in a nutshell. :blush:

2 Likes

Worker shows up to the scene a bunch of fluffies stuck in the cement. They sigh as the fluffies beg for help. Knowing the cement is ruined and the sections will need to be redone they gently push the standing fluffies onto their sides and as far down as they can.

Some drown and suffocate in that moment. Others breath out the side of their muzzle for now.

He nods and adds a sign. ‘Fluffy Fossil Art in progress. Do not touch.’

“This’ll look good after everything decays and I hose off the bones.
I can always add thin layer of plaster or quick-crete after that if I dont like the basic bone look.”

5 Likes

Lmao

1 Like

If thats a city worker then he probably is going on probation for that if not immediately fired, and he will not be allowed to take any of it in either case.

Its days worth of work lost plus the cost of everything involved from the truck operation to the labor smoothing it out.

Wet cement isn’t simply left until its done, inspections happen during stages where damage can be reversed because shit happens. Dogs, birds, kids, bicyclists. If he is allowing damage to remain he’s doing the equivalent of an ice cream man letting everything melt while he spends a few days painting using the TMNT popsicles.

Now a guy doing his own work making a driveway or patio or something makes sense. Though that is a lawn invasion rather than a migration.

2 Likes

Neat. :slight_smile:

Always interesting to learn about processes im relatively ignorant of (ie cement).

Also agree, very much depends on if the project is public like a park or personal/residential. I wrote it as a worker though and very much implied it was a public project so thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

I mean, its Fluffverse.

Most canon seems to take place in a comedic shithole that would be post-apocalyptic save for the amount of people around. A boring grunge dystopia.

Like Megg Mog and Owl, Ugly Americans, Superjail, almost all underground comics or older Indie ones, Duckman, Rocko’sModern Life, kinda Beavis & Butthead, and so on.

So less regulation, and a guy from a privatized company that fell apart before it could be held accountable fucking up the sidewalk and leaving it worse than before leading to a lot of people getting injured by just walking/biking/skating on an incomplete and busted up section of sidewalk that nobody in the city cares about because the money has been spent and pedestrians are barely considered human.

I dunno. I guess since Fluffies are juxtaposing cartoon innocence with harsh reality, I tend to think too real.

2 Likes

I enjoy the take.

Plus I pictured them taking it home as an art piece or filing for an art grant for the city / park and using that money to replace the sidewalk. Then display the fluffy fossil piece to serve both as decoration and also potentially a thing to ward off fluffies.

1 Like

Hahahaha stupid fluffies, gonna have trouble with cement.