What artists do you really like?

Singer, author or your classic pen and paper artist (not exclusive to pen and paper) what are some that you really like, like top three. Or just one if you preffer.

I’ll start with shakey graves

king gizzard and the lizard wizard

And pokey laforge as my top band’s

For authors H.P Lovecraft, H.G wells and Mark Twain

And for Artists Zdzisław Beksiński

Wayne Barlow

and Dr. Seuss.

download

5 Likes

my bed, that’s my favorite.

3 Likes

Gr1m

3 Likes

Myself. Just kidding, I don’t have that much confidence.

I thought about it, and I don’t really have one or a top three.

2 Likes

Hm, I’ll change what I mean.

1 Like

My favorite musical artists would be Queen, Don Mclean and Pete Seeger. I have a lot more than that, though.

My favorite artists (In the fluffy community at least) are MagentaDemon, SexyGoatGod (Not on this site yet), and PhantomFluffy.

4 Likes

My top 3 favorite Artist’s are currently Dance Gavin Dance, Ice Nine Kills, and Hollywood Undead

Dont know if this counts or not. But i love any work by James Wan.

4 Likes

Other_Coraline

If it’s kinetic art, I absolutely love Theo Janssen, he’s the guy who builds “strandbeests” in the netherlands:

And when it come down to music: Alexander Kaschde, he’s behind the “Samsas Traum” Project and “Weena Morloch”. Samsas Traum changes music style with every album, however they always have gothic elements in it.

3 Likes

I fucking ADORE! Yoshitaka Amano

6 Likes

Oh my, I didn’t know about them. I’ll have to look into it.

1 Like

ok, lest’s see
King and Jester, for the cool stories they tell in their songs

Egor Letov, for such deep and complex lyrics that even native speakers have to read entire essays to understand what he was singing about

and The Real Tuesday Weld… i don’t know why. I just like the sound of their songs

for authors Anton Chekhov, Nikolai Gogol and Vladimir Mayakovsky

and… i don’t actually have a favorite artist ¯\(ツ)

2 Likes

as for music: cosmo sheldrake, lemon demon, futret, renard, msi and tally hall.
typical edgy kid music, i know.

i dont think i have a favorite artist in the terms of drawing. sure, i like some styles more than others, but its kinda hard to narrow it down to one person when there is so much talent out there.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of @Dragonixa

5 Likes

With good reason, there amazing😁

5 Likes

In so many ways.

4 Likes

SIMP

(just joking, I love you too ;*)

3 Likes

Well I’m liable to melt looking at this, you two are just too sweet.

2 Likes

UH…
H.P. Lovecraft obviously since I ranted about that, Junji Ito, some Early Stephan King stuff, Neil Gaiman Joe Hill, Mortis Ghost, and Alias Conrad Coldwood. Along with several people online but I can’t remember all there names.

accidently put the wrong song by accident. fixed it.

3 Likes

@Somethingcheeky I don’t like the idea of a top three because there’s a lot of musicians, artists and authors across different platforms that I’d be loathe to single one out over another.

Like, I may love Isaac Asimov and grew up with the dude, but I acknowledge that a lot of his work is pulp. Same for Nietzsche (and I’m aware he is a philosopher, but I am citing him here as a writer)

I love Queen, Savage Garden, Prince, and a lot of music from the 80s to early 2000s, but even though I mentioned that three, my absolute favourite song from that period was by another band.

And when it comes to art, it becomes a matter of which circle and what art they did. And I’m not even talking about “classical” painters or big names. Like, when it comes to deviantart - one of my favourite artists was and still is Genzoman.. Speaking as somebody who is still in the MLP community, there’s a lot of MLP fanartists who I admire and follow to this day.

I think the only person who I can cite to be my biggest influence would be Tolkien. But I will admit that even Tolkien was not a perfect writer.

4 Likes

Partial to Pat The Bunny myself, and his project “Ramshackle Glory” was good too.

2 Likes