What if we create community stories about the same fluffy?

Yeah cause if we all just descend on the available fluffies with no cohesion or rules, then what we end up getting is a bunch of alternate realities with the same fluffies.

And that’s also cool, but not as cool as a single semi coherent story.

Maybe somebody can be the “dungeon master” who keeps things under control and under wraps and points out the next creasor from a pool of people who are interested ?

Like say Silverowl is the DM and they point me as the first creator, i draw something Purplegem has an idea, so they are next and silverowl keeps hovering to see who is interested, and if the spirit is being followed through.

If that makes sense.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Basically a referee of sorts.

1 Like

Yes, somebody who keeps tabs on things guides the story proceedings along and points out the next creator in the string, possibly picking them from the comments to keep things spontaneous and to keep it all going.

Could be a hassle. could be fun too.

One helpful rule right off the bat might be that whoever creates a story or piece art gets to pick like two or three things that can’t just be handwaved away or ignored. Like a bulletpoint list at the end of their post to sum up what they considered important from their contribution.

Example
1.Mango is scared of cars now due to nearly getting hit saving the earthie, Vanilla Bean.
2.Mango is now very close friends with Vanilla Bean.

Could go onto a master list to help people moving forward.

1 Like

Also a very good idea.
Especially the master list so participants know where they stand, maintained by the “Fluffy Master”.

I would like @SilverOwl and @purplegem 's opinions on a master list and a fluffy DM too though,
since they did most of the heavy lifting.

3 Likes

that sounds fun to me! It has potential to open up so many possibilities with stories and with others’ input its sure to be a blast :purple_heart: Keeping up the “so far in the story…” bullet points are an excellent way of keeping continuity!

1 Like

very true
I’d hate for them to take it as a rule instead of a suggestion.

1 Like

And if they both agree, who would be the fluffy DM ?

whoever want to be
probably the person who writes the first story

1 Like

That would be @SilverOwl , from the looks of it.
Unless they don’t want to be the DM.

1 Like

There is precednt for it. Anyone remember McGonagall’s Jimmy? That grey maned pedo rapist shitbag was the 'booru’s town bicycle. Basically everybody got a ride.

Hell give me some leeway in a coming chapter for Leonidas’ story and i’ll create the reason.

I am not sure why I got tagged for this, but hey this sounds like a fun idea.

I think my main suggestion for rules is just “don’t do anything that makes the game unplayable for the next person”. So no killing Mango, even if you really want Vanilla Bean to be the protagonist instead. (Killing Vanilla Bean is fine.) But also no pillowing (removing one leg is fine), brain/spinal damage, or wan-die loop (the real one, not the “I’m just extra sad” kind). Since doing any of those things would basically guarantee that the next person has to do a bleakbox description of Mango’s slow death, or write about a passing surgeon with a special interest in braindamaged pillowfluffs.

It would also be fun to have a community fluff usable by everyone that isn’t tied to this game of telephone. Just someone that everyone can draw or use for cameos, for example if Vanilla Bean appears in a Dr. Crazystein chapter as a patient, then in an AMDk7 story as a random feral that gives someone directions, then a fluff who comes by Gal-With-Pastels’ shelter to hide from the rain and ends up buying a foal, etc.

1 Like

I just threw out a name at random but now I have to have P3 draw Vanilla Bean lol.
Thinking pale white earthie with light brown mane/tail.

And yeah, rules will be what makes or breaks the concept.

1 Like

I tagged you cause you are both a writer and an artist.
And I wanted to draw your attention to the subject cause, I felt you might have some great ideas.

And as it turns out you do.
I like that idea for example.
Though the biggest issue is how do you keep tabs on that fluffy and dont get him or her in to something contradictionary ?
Or is it just a free for all and let people have their fun ?

Cameos are rarely that plot-related. The only way to mess it up would be “this guy everyone says is feral is a domestic fluffy now” (or vice versa), and that’s easily solved with … twins I guess. Or a fluffy that keeps hopping between owners and the street life. As long as it’s a good-natured cameo and the fluffy doesn’t get pillowed somewhere, who cares if it teleports between cities sometimes?

AKA yeah free-for-all.

Yeah fair enough.
I’m a comic nerd so I have this urge to make everything fit.

I was thinking more about Donut in that regard, the entire booru had a go at him

( i also don’t think Jimmy was his name, and more a term along the likes of sonny jim)

1 Like

One option I was thinking of:

The story would have a ‘fluffy master’, with a few roles.

1. Maintain a post of the story line, along with any ‘branches’.
  2. Whenever a new story/art is added, the ‘fluffy master’ and either the prior author/artist or next author artist (depending if it’s a set rotation or open ended) would review and decide if this new one can be considered part of the ‘trunk/main cannon’.
    2a. Stories that are do not fit with the existing flow would be a ‘branch’; basically AU to the main story.
    2b. Stories that are non-viable (ie the fluffy is dead or otherwise non-usable) would be a ‘dead branch’. There may be some other stories but the outcome is considered a given.
  3. Decide when it’s time to close out the main story so the next will be a final entry to the main branch. ie the canonical ending.

So anyone could jump in, but knowing that anything that’s not fitting is going to be considered an alternate to the primary story.

1 Like

Yes Karn and me came to a similar conclusion.
Though you add several interesting ideas to it.

The biggest question who is going to be the FM ?

I would like to see silverowl or Purplegem do it because they did most of the initial heavy lifting but if they aren’t interested ?