What is your stance / opinion regarding MLP? [ CoronaryHeatingProcedure ]

I hate/d MLP. Ironic, I know. I loved fluffies at first on 4chan when I was a teen, because they were used to shit on MLP fans. But I grew to love the art and “mythology” of them. Then I stopped going on 4chan (mostly) like any reasonable adult, until I rediscovered them on reddit, leading me to this site.

I saw one of their humanized movies… and part of another humanized movie. The storytelling for me isn’t good (I mean it’s a show made for kids lol it’s not really gonna be appealing to an adult.)
Some of the songs are :fire: but overall kids shows aren’t for me

3 Likes

When I was a little boy 20 years ago, I wanted a mcdonalds set with a pony.
My aunt bought a set with hot wheels car.
That hurts.

5 Likes

I don’t know anything about MLP outside of the fact that they were a toy in the 80s and were brought back with a new cartoon.

I discovered fluffies on their own and didn’t even realize they were “directly” (ie, not directly) related to MLP.

I didn’t like that the fandom devolved into one big popularity contest, to see who could be the best at what niche and god help those who,treated thier popularity

I started watching mlp g1 movies as a very young child, I enjoyed them but didn’t get into it until g3. I remember being obsessed with the pony dolls, my favorite was a pinky pie that I ended up temporarily losing on a road trip. Luckily the place I dropped it was when we stopped at a friend of my parents and it was eventually found a few months later. I eventually grew out of it and didn’t think much of mlp. I saw that g4 existed, I tried to watch a mismatch of episodes from s1-2 but it never clicked for me. The way I found fluffy pony’s was the first click video in 2019 i believe. For some reason the cuteness overload mixed with dark themes caught my eye. I looked into it more and I grew to love them. Getting into them is what made me watch g5 and eventually I’ll try g4 again, even just for the meme references and cool designs lol. My opinion is mlp is that is not the best in the story department(at least from what I’ve seen)I’m just here for the colorful ponies ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I like the gijinka versions, otherwise I don’t really care.

Summary

MLP-Celestia18

3 Likes

pretty

1 Like

G5 is the computer one?

…Exploitable*

But yes G5 is the CGI one.
Or at least the most recent one.

Exploit

*G5 was also a very expensive Apple computer back in the day.

I like that.

I’m a huge fan of FIM. I write fanfiction for it in my spare time and have been doing so since 2012. The fandom is really toxic, though, so beware.

1 Like

I’m an OG Gen 1 fan. A few years ago I started re-collecting some of the original G1 vinyl ponies (mostly the unicorns - I had to put a leash on my collector gene) and I customized a raggedy old Apple Jack into an orange dreamsicle carousel-style pony (pictured).

I watched the show through G2, but once G3 hit I was moving on to other things (and the stylization of the G3 toys was WAY removed from my beloved G1, so I was pretty much over it).

I became aware of G4/FIM through a friend who had a child. I have a pretty bad case of screen addiction, so I ended up fairly absorbed in many of the episodes that played while I was over. I know the characters (well, the Mane 6 and some of the more regular supporting cast), but it never hit that sweet spot to get a nostalgia rise out of me. If anything, I was pretty annoyed at first because they reused some of the G1 names, but gave them entirely new looks, and I took that personally.

Not getting into G5. Just no interest.

20190127_154735-ANIMATION

5 Likes

That custom is beautifully made.
How long did it take you to make it?

1 Like

Thank you! I didn’t do it all at once, rather a bit at a time over the span of a couple weeks, but overall probably about 10 hours of work? It’s been a while, but that feels about right. A very satisfying project.

2 Likes

I love MLP:FiM mostly because I am a big fan of Lauren Faust. Characters, stories and fun designs & animation by a bona fide animator. Earlier gens of MLP always seemed like a hollow, directionless cash grab to me.

It was entertaining to watch the Netflix “Toys We Remember”/wev and find out that yep, it was a soul sucking cash grab targeting girls and collectors, period. Until Faust put some love i to it.

Currently enjoying her DC Super Hero Girls.

4 Likes

I’ve never paid much attention to MLP. Almost all of my contact with the franchise has been incidental to my participation in fluffy pony.

That being said,

hard agree thanks to her involvement in Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends.

2 Likes

Only thing I know about new mlp is the degenerate brony stereotype and the 80’s cartoon , can’t say I have a good opinion of mlp

1 Like

I knew some bronies in school and they were all weirdos in a brand I cant get behind. Never had any interest in MLP or anything related to it. Im a big animal lover but also understand cute aggression. I also tend to agree with the notion that tragedy is the greatest form of art. Saw some foxhoarder art that made me laugh and eventually read some more serious stories. Something about fluffies hits that trifecta of cute aggression, stupid humor, and the absolute tragedy that all living creatures experience in our futile strive for survival that inevitably will end in failure. I thought a lot about why I keep coming back to this and I think thats basically it. This concept manages to be silly but also encompasses everything it means to be alive.

Another way to put it, a quote from the masterpiece that is berserk 1997,

“How delicious, I feel it all over. Love, hate, ultimate pleasure, ultimate pain, life, and death. All here to enjoy before our very eyes! The true nature of man and the devil is here and now!”

1 Like

Was into mlpfim till around season 4. Not saying anything about the quality of the show after that. I just lost interest. Other than that I really have no interest in mlp besides the fact that Fluffies spawned from it. Honestly I find it hilarious most of the internet is just now learning about all the degenerate shit that went on in the brony fandom. My brother only learned about the cum jar a couple years ago when he watched whangs video on it. He was trying to show it to me and I had to pull a “I was there gandalf. I was there 3000 years ago.”

1 Like