What's the deal with huggyfluffs?

I’ve never understood a huggyfluff. are they a deformed enfie-pal? a defected pillowfluff?

3 Likes

They supposedly are “safer” fluffies who won’t die through a needless accident because they lack normal mobility. Also Huggy fluffs are, in some breeders opinions, better than pillowed fluffs because they can present product foals to workers for collection as well as maintain some sort of maintenance. Full pillowing should only be done if a brood mare cannot be trusted with the product.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Huggyfluffs ( I have seen them more commonly referred to as ‘huggie-friends’ or ‘huggie-pals’ ) are the usually-on-purpose partial pillows that are usually obsessed with the need to hug, preferably other fluffies but stuffed toys will do in a pinch. Its an option that was usually there either for a companion fluffy for a normal fluffy ( so the ‘real’ pet would have a ‘friend’ that would be able to occupy them for a while, say while the owner was at work, without much risk of the huggyfluff being able to harm the actually wanted fluffy ) or as a pit stop on the way towards eventual pillowing of a hellgremlin or breeding mare that wouldn’t stop rejecting unwanted foals.

They usually aren’t meant to be enfie-pals as they’re often diapered both to handle the slower mobility issue and because dragging their rears on the ground would likely lead to chafing and rug burns in sensitive areas otherwise. Sometimes owners will fit them onto a wheeled platform like a mobile car or robot but that’s usually only for huggie friends that lost their legs accidentally- unless the owner enjoys being able to take away the fluffy’s ‘wheelie weggies’ at will.

There once was another variant on the booru that was a six-legged fluffy that was often called ‘huggie-friends’ but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone use that concept recently.

2 Likes

The Huggie Fwiend, or by its human name the Huggy fluffy is a 2 limb surgically modified fluffy varient. Huggy Fluffs (abbreviated to HF moving forward) are in the same category as Pillow Fluffies IE Fluffies surgically modified to improve user experience. HFs have had the 2 rear limbs surgically amputated in a process called “Stumping” or “Dewegification” this can be done at any stage in a Fluffies life, but is generally preformed during the foal stage, but can be done even well into adult hood. Once stumped these HFs are considered a more safe and docile option for owners who dwell in small spaces, or are low energy. The HF due to its missing limbs is far less mobile. Unable to run or jump the HF will be more reliant on owners to get around, but are able to move on smooth level surfaces with some effort. This does mean HFs are able to access ground level features like litter boxes and safe rooms. However expect the occasional accident as low mobility does mean sudden need for the litter box can find them unable to reach before bad poops occure. HFs have some special accessories such as rear wheels which can be purchased and strapped to the rear of a HF to restore a great deal of lost mobility. Ideal for times when play and space are available. However, it’s important to train HFs to properly use these mobility aids as excessive speed through excitement combined with a reduced ability to slow can result in injury. All and all the increased mobility, and better mood are all big improvements when compared to a pillow fluff, and the reduced mobility is a big plus when compared to normal Fluffies in small areas.

2 Likes

Huggie pal = back legs gone, can drag self and really only give hugs as any reasonable sort of fluffy interaction.

Enfie pal = front legs gone, cannot give hugs or do anything but push itself around like a wheelbarrow, face down and ass up. Perfect for enfies thus the name.

Basically how I remember it and split it up.

1 Like

A half pillow for less mobility and less danger but still somewhat able to engage socially

1 Like