What's the fluffy trope you find most annoying?

Right, yeah. I see it a lot in stories where people have Fluffy Heroes, like a good smarty who overcomes everything and is super dedicated and tough. Sorry guys, but he’s not facing down a dog. He’s not facing down a cat. He’s not facing down an asleep duck. The most badass enemy a Smarty can fight off while still being pathetic enough to be a fluffy needs to be comically pathetic in and of itself.

2 Likes

It’s become less popular over time, but I’m not a big fan of shit-colored fluffies getting fairy tale endings.

All fluffies are bad fluffies. Simple as.

12 Likes

Hope my fluffies having psuedo-hooves doesn’t detract from them. I never quite knew how something could be fragile and defenseless but also have solid bone protusions on each limb. I assume they’re closer to dog paws but genetically fucked heyond belief to make them look like hooves.

8 Likes

Northwest and I frequently hear people trying to move away from insulting pigs. None of them care for rats though.

1 Like

I do “not hooves” as well.
They look sort of like hooves but are squishy like marshmallows.
And you can’t please everyone, so no worries. I was just talking about a sub genre Fluffus was on about. People who don’t realize why fluffies have flaws.

4 Likes

The ancient horse had more of a pad around 3 toes before the hard hoof formed, so I imagine Fluffies would have feet like this Fluffy Anatomy doodles (ambitionleather8309)

2 Likes

Just not a fan of special babies or whatever they’re called. They’re ten times as fat helpless and needy as a regular fluffy but the only positive is their mother instantly decides they’re the bestest and not a pain in the ass and a drain of resources. Stories of runts come out and they’re often dead before dawn but a foal who has no chance of ever being useful to themselves is too perfect to abandon for even a moment.

Also not quite “hellgremlins” but often the characterization is purpose built to the story but the backstory if present may not fit how the fluffy acts. My ideal fluffy is all loving all trusting and idealistic to a fault. There should be a nurture reason if they arent. Learned behavior and all.

8 Likes

“Justice” abuse hands down, can’t stand the hypocrisy, self righteousness and moral grandstanding of it. Runner up goes to abusers taking in a fluffy (usually a poopie) as a sidekick partner in crime, exceptions if the fluffy is reluctantly one or forced into the position.

19 Likes

Fluffy Pony was more fun before someone made bestest and poopie babies standard features. Stories were fun when fluffy ponies were stupid but genuinely loving creatures - now almost every single one is written as unbelievably, maliciously prejudiced and selfish.

I kept hoping for years we’d get past these crutches, but it’s never gonna happen. It’s just too easy for hacks.

14 Likes

Sensitibb babbehs actually makes perfect sense if a fluffy is as stupid as the lore dictates. Mares don’t want foals that grow into adults, they want ‘babies’ so a dam will choose the forever baby as her favorite.

See it all the time with human moms who have unhealthy relationships with the youngest son and infantalize him until he’s a useless basement incel.

14 Likes

Dear God. Fluffies as done through GURPS or Hero system.

This amuses me greatly.

5 Likes

It’s people wanting blood and guts but they don’t want to feel guilty but instead vindicated in their bloodlust. It’s the same kind of mentality that leads to people who go to prisons and celebrate the executions of serial killers without a hint of self awareness

9 Likes

adding my two cents cause i had the same thought, like, what if hasbio didn’t kill itself with the fluffy explosion and recovered finatually, cause market ALWAYS demands new and “better” stuff. but thats me and you dont wanna hear the rest of it. But there are ALOT of subspecies that just- barely return?

2 Likes

Too many subspecies and “adopts” like. Kid, we all tryin to make money doing what we like but we’re all broke psychopaths’.

And the subspecies that barely make a return, like, i do not MIND subspecies, i like to see new adaptations, but show me how they BREAK too.

5 Likes

From most hated to ‘meh’:

Pop-culture references made by fluffies or in the story as an element rather than some little wink… utterly garbage and lazy writing.

Overly smart fluffies and “magic fluffies” who are “special”.

Fluffies that talk to each other the same way they talk to humans when no humans are around: animals interact with each other differently than with people, fluffies should be the same.

Wierd fluffy anthro sex shit

Hugboxing.

7 Likes

You know, I never did get the whole ‘Justice box’ or what have you on that topic. It often feels like folks who use such are just abusers but think themself higher then someone who say they just want to abused such. Heck, even seen an old pic posted here where some human female had a recording of something happening to a foal - did nothing to stop it - and take out her ‘Justice’ on the fluffy that broke its leg that caused it to be put down.

6 Likes

I think hugboxing is good because it gives abuse a lot more ‘oomph’. It’s like sweet and sour. One flavor compliments the other.

13 Likes

Kind of a tie.
People who have fluffies, let them in the back yard unattended with a hole in the fence. Same thing with dog/fluffy doors. If you care about a super fragile creature, why do you leave them unprotected. If you think your fluffy MUST have outside time, then stay with them while they are out and check your fence. Or even better, on a leash. It would seem like ut should be basic to fluffy ownership.

The other is the rabid hatred that some cannons’ fluffy owner’s have over the idea of thier fluffies wanting sex or babies or both.

I can get the idea not wanting more fluffies in the house, so you get your mare spayed. But who cares if your stallion wants to get his rocks off with a some feral at the park? It’s not like you have to take care of them.

Plus, if you really don’t want fluffies to repouduce, there are ways of preventing that before it happens.

But when it does, it seems like the most common response is intense abuse.

Which is cool…it just doesn’t make sense to me. From an in world perspective. Loved pet, to mutilated creature at the mention of “am soon mummah/daddeh nao!” When there are numerous ways to prevent that.

To be clear, i like the violence. It just the in universe owner’s mind set that seems fishy to me.

12 Likes

i always disliked jellenheimers and hell gremlins. jellens are OK as a meme but hell gremlins just seem like the artist trying to make a fluffy tough and badass but how badass can a horse pig dat tawks wike dis really be?

10 Likes

Alicorns being super expensive and “perfect” fluffies. It makes them into insufferable Mary Sues.

I also despise hunting friends and most cannibal fluffies because they’re just fluffies but edgy and stupidly OP. Like a DeviantArt OC version of a fluffy. Especially hunting friends, because the idea of genetically modifying a fluffy to hunt other fluffies is just plain retarded.

13 Likes