When The Man Comes Around - Part 1 (TheMan)

It was a warm summer day in the city, and in McGonagall Park a herd of feral fluffies begin to wake up and start their day. Big fluffies yawn and stretch, while little foals start chirping and peeping for milkies.

The herd has set up a nesting area in a secluded area of the park next to a pond. The park’s plentiful grass is enough to stave off starvation, but not nutritious enough for fluffies to live on long-term. So the fluffies spend much of their day scavenging and begging passing humans for food.

One fluffy, a blue earthie stallion with a red mane and tail, drags a discarded bag of tacos back to his pregnant mate. “Fwuffy fin’ bestest nummies fow soon-mummah spechuw fwend an’ tummeh-babbehs!” The stallion says, struggling to grip the bag in his teeth as he clumsily works his way back to the nest.

“♪Soon-mummah wuv tummeh-babbehs! Babbehs safe an’ wawm in mummah’s tummeh!♪” The heavily-pregnant yellow unicorn mare with a blue mane and tail lays in the nest, “singing” happily to her unborn foals as she rubs her hooves over her protruding belly. No longer able to leave the nest due to her belly being too swollen for her hooves to touch the ground, the mare is completely dependent on her mate to bring her food.

The stallion finally manages to drag the bag of food back to the nest. “Spechuw fwend!” The mare shouts as the stallion comes into view. “Fwuffy fin’ bestest nummies fow soon-mummah spechuw fwend!” The stallion says triumphantly as he drops the bag in front of the bloated mare. “Fank ou’ fow bestest nummies! Wuv spechuw fwend!” The mare hugs her mate as she begins to chow down on the day-old tacos.

The stallion hugs her back as he snuggles up next to her in the nest. “Fwuffy wuv spechuw fwend! Wuv tummeh-babbehs! Nu can wait tu be daddeh!” The mare quickly gobbles down the tacos, pushing a couple toward her mate with her snout. “Spechuw fwend nee’ nummies too!” She says as he happily scarfs down his share of the spoils.

Elsewhere in the park, a purple pegasus mare with a green mane and tail begs park users for food. “Pwease nice wady, wet fwuffy haf nummies? Haf tummeh huwties…” The woman in a black tank top and orange shorts attempts to walk past, but the mare tries to hug her leg. “Ewww! Get the fuck away from me, freak!” The woman yells as she kicks the mare out of the way and continues walking. The mare tumbles onto the concrete path, scraped up but otherwise unhurt. “Huuu Huuu, why hoomins su meanie tu fwuffy? Am gud fwuffy, jus’ wan’ nummies. Huu”

Picking herself up, the fluffy spots another human walking down the path. “H-h-hewwo nice mistah. Fwuffy su hungwy, nee’ nummies…” The mare sputters out as the man stops and looks down at her. “Awww, you poor little thing! Here, I’ve got something for you!” The friendly looking older man in an orange polo shirt and gray slacks smiles and takes the cap off his drink cup. “Weawy?! Fank ou’ nice mistah! Fwuffy wu… SCREEEEE!”

The man promptly pours his ice-cold cup of soda all over the fluffy, as she falls over and kicks her legs uselessly in the air. “Nu wike nu wike! Wawa am bad fow fwuffies!” The man chuckles at the sight of the drenched fluffy flailing around on the ground. “Enjoy the drink, shitrat!” He yells behind him as he walks off.

“Huuuuu, why meanie mistah gif fwuffy wowstest cowd wawas? Huu huu.” The fluffy lays on the path and cries, soaked in Dr. Pepper. “Huu, nu wike sticky wawa!” As she begins to lick her fluff though, her tune changes a little. “Mmm, sticky wawa am sweetie wawa!” The mare continues to lick the soda off her fluff while sprawled out in the middle of the pathway.

Huff huff A well-built young man wearing green shorts and no shirt jogs down the pathway, Swedish pop garbage blaring in his headphones. Fiddling with his watch, he suddenly feels something soft and squishy under his foot. “SCREEEEEE! WOWSTEST OWWIES!” The man accidentally steps on the mare, crushing her entire back half. “SCREEE! HUWTIES! HUWTIES! SCREEEEEE!”

“Oh for fuck’s sake, really?!” The man takes off his headphones and looks down with aggravation at the screeching fluffy bleeding on the pavement. “Wasn’t the city supposed to do something about these fucking things?!” He yells to no one in particular as the fluffy continues to writhe on the ground. “Pweese hewp fwuffy! Nee’ huggies tu maek hurties gu 'wa… SCREEE!” Before the mare can finish the man starts to kick the screaming mare’s head in, over and over again, until her face is nothing but a fleshy mush.

The man casually kicks the fluffy’s bloodied corpse off the path. “Well, that’s my good deed for the day done.” He mutters as he puts his headphones back on and continues his daily jog. The dead fluffy is paid no mind by the park’s various patrons, rotting under the hot sun until evening when the park custodian finally comes through.

“Ugh, not another one.” The elderly man in a bright yellow hi-vis vest frowns as he scribbles something on his clipboard, then uses something that looks like a fireplace poker to pick up the rotten fluffy corpse and deposit it in a wheeled trash can. Finishing that, he continues to walk along the path, mentally noting the group of fluffies he sees walking toward the pond.

Later, in a sterile office building, a man in a gray business suit and blue tie looks over a pile of papers on his desk. He sighs and picks up the phone. “Fluffy Control? Hi, this is Bob Jenkins from the Department of Parks and Recreation. I’ve got a situation I need dealt with sharpish. How soon can you get a team down to McGonagall Park? Tomorrow? That would be perfect…”

~TO BE CONTINUED~

17 Likes

This is my first time writing in god knows how many years, so it’s pretty rough, but I’m hoping to get the hang of it as I continue to write.

Any feedback is appreciated!

5 Likes

This is quite good, i like the anthology sort of POV shifting in this chapter personally.

2 Likes

Thank you! I might have the next chapter set in the evening, and show other members of the herd before I move on to the next day.

1 Like

Sometimes I think about using this little community to knock the dust off of my writing abilities. You did well man and you should finish it. Honestly I wouldn’t worry about how good it is because quite a few artists/writers here are produce absolute trash so you have nothing to lose. Keep it up bro!

1 Like

I always thought that would be a great job for me, they would be paying me to have fun

1 Like

Thanks! I do plan on finishing it, there’ll probably be either two or three more parts.

Fluffy exterminator does sound like a dream job, doesn’t it?

The best thing is that you could be creative how to eliminate those shitrats