Why I joined (Rescue_9)

Not really my usual fluffy content, if anything it’s more of a vent/explanation. I’d like to know what caused you all to join, and if anyone else here with anger issues were helped

47 Likes

I just like to see them dance and shit themselves

10 Likes

kina the opposite for me. I was The Goodest Boy church, basketball, abstinence, perfect grades. Shy. really really shy. Being told God hates you for masturbating does that.

but i graduated and moved to the dorms, and it was my first time being unsupervised either by my parents or my older siblings, and it was also my first time with a computer all my own. I discovered … The Internet This would have been 2013-2016 ish, Its all kinda an adderal and steriods fueled haze, because I was very hung up on trying to force masculinity as a personality trait, but lol no, Im a gangly otter queer man.

the chan helped me through losing my faith, my morality crisis, that very brief Incel phase and the crippling depression that comes with realizing that my entire life was built on a lie and like… lowkey its sexual abuse to tell a kid to be ashamed of their bodies and natural urges and god can hear your thoughts.

And I got my mental health under control and had a job and a gf and our own place all of a sudden and i didn’t need the outlet. other than emailing family and work, i was never online.

Fast forward 2023, several girlfriends and a few boyfriends have passed, and Current GF is saying how I’m so creative but I’m so uptight. and i had gotten sick. (tl:dr dont fuck with steroids) With so much stress weighing me down, I needed to let loose. maybe make a throwaway reddit and blow off some anonymous steam? get back to some writing in a low stakes way?

So i did. and off all things, i ran into fluffy ponies again. and i started making art again. and i’m starting to relax and explore and not hold myself to such rigid standards about what art means and what i’m allowed and not allowed to create. I’m allowing myself to be angry. and stupid. and gross. and horny. Which is a weird thing to do, coming to terms with your feelings at nearly 30.

The stupid quiznos monster was the most risque thing i’d ever posted online. Now look, full on dismemberments and boobs and buttholes everywhere. This has been intensely therapeutic and I am extremely grateful to have stumbled back into this wretched hive of scum and villainy. I love you. assholes.

21 Likes

I just like watching the suffer and die. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Always happy to hear someone else’s story and how they’ve improved in life. Happy you’re here buddy, cheers mate

4 Likes

I randomly join communities to practice writing in the universes that are up for offer.

7 Likes

Definitely a flex if you can inflitrate hardcore fandoms like Bronies or Furries without them booting you. They can smell when youre not one of them. Fluffies is like… lowest of low stakes. no one here gives a shit. its a healthy outlet. its social. “Demented and Sad, but social,” - to quote john bender.

7 Likes

The only giving a shit I’ve noticed in my time in the community was the person a few months ago tracing stuff and saying he wasn’t, and people didn’t like that

5 Likes

For me it was due to curiosity on the early days when it was barely new. Then it became a morbid curiosity and from there I grew to like the art, the stories, and found it funny how people will add anything to the “lore”. Plus fluffies kinda reminded me of the tard tales but fluffy pony edition.

4 Likes

I found this stuff by sheer accident when I was looking for MLP stuff. Fluffies were cute to me, so I looked for more because I love cute stuff. Admittedly, when I discovered the darker side of all this, it only made my existing anger issues worse, but I stayed on for those crumbs of goodness and fluff that I could find amidst the blood. Nowadays, I’ve rediscovered my faith (I believe in a loving and accepting God, not the hateful, queerphobic one that so many “churches” tout), and that’s helped me with my anger, but I still stick around here for the cuteness fluffies can bring, and try to ignore anything negative or cruel. Instead of pushing back like I did in the booru days, I just turn away and let it all wash past me.

6 Likes

Repress until it fizzles out. Let out when no one is looking if you are going over the edge. Feelings wax and wane all the time.

1 Like

page 04 is my favorite for sure
We all come here for some reasons, or just to vent friend
Even if some people leave some day, they’re always welcome if life’s hard again

3 Likes

Well, I’ve explained how I ended up here before, but if you insist, here’s NobodyAtAll in a nutshell:

Help! I’m in a nutshell! How did I get into this bloody great big nutshell? What kind of shell has a nut like this?

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. Here’s NobodyAtAll in a nutshell for real:

Years ago, I saw someone on 4chan derailing a thread with ginger_fig’s art, my curiosity was piqued, and I couldn’t stop myself from going down the fluffy hole. I browsed the booru for a while, wrote a couple of short pieces anonymously, and then I just sorta wandered away for a few years.

Then, a couple of years ago, the pandemic lockdowns were in full swing, and like many people, I was bored out of my mind, so I got the random idea to check out the booru again. I saw that it was gone, but there was a link that lead me here, so I lurked for a bit, made an account and started writing, and the rest is history.

My time on FC has had its high points and low points, but ultimately, I’m sticking around as long as there’s people who want me here.

For the record, I never really got into MLP. I’ve never watched FIM, I think the only MLP-related thing I’ve watched is the tape my sisters had. You know how it was for a kid in the 90s with siblings, yeah? You didn’t always get to decide what to watch on TV.

And yeah, I too have struggled with anger issues, but fluffies have neither alleviated nor exacerbated them. I write my stories the way I do to have fun, not to vent, and I deal with my anger issues in a different way: with lots and lots of ganja. Mary Jane has also served me well as a creative muse.

So if you have to ask: yes, the NobodyAtAll Literary Universe was made on drugs! Explains so much, don’t it?

4 Likes

Pretty much the same reason you joined in the comic. Angry at the world, needed a way to vent my anger, by chance came across some old animations by Egor Alexev, and the rest is history. I’m here and tormenting stupid, ugly, retarded horses to stay sane, lol.

3 Likes

Found it on 4chan, followed it to the old 'roo, life got in the way and I lost contact. Some fucker posted some old art on Facebook as a wtf is this and someone else posted a link back to here.

And now I come here on weekends too see what’s what.

3 Likes

I’m here because morbid curiousity and also I’m a sucker for the hug box stuff, also I’ve met some awesome friends here

5 Likes

I’m glad you’re here and also that it helps you to release steam man

5 Likes

I got here because of The Click when lockdown started. I think it was morbid fascination at first. After the shock value wore off I stayed because there a lot of little stories with fluffies that were oddly relatable. Being powerless, screwed by things out of the control, importance of family, trying to do good regardless, listing innocence, etc.

And of course, good old absurdity.

I’m out of ideas which is why I’ve not done anything much in a while. And when I don’t have ideas I don’t usually come. I’ve checked back periodically for the people I like here though.

9 Likes

Deconstruction is an interesting process to say the least. Hope it’s going well.

5 Likes

Joined as a part of doing academic research, stayed for the wit.
Back in my time & place, not having a go at a fellow pupil at least once in ones school life would have been considered mildly concerning. Emotions, including anger, are often improved by being explored: it is one of this fandom`s many benefits.
@Huggies4Buggies Believe us who follow the donkey Equestrian on this forum tend to focus on His mercy, ironically enough :innocent:

5 Likes