Wild type patterns pt4 (Uooboo)

131 Likes

Babies are loud, Fluffy babies even more do. Hell they’re called Chirpies for a reason.

If you have your Fluffy a bunch of kids that don’t chirp they’re gonna freak out. Which might actually be a good teaching tool to show they’re not ready for parenthood without the needless trauma of a violent death

37 Likes

‘will become very distressed’

Good.

16 Likes

oh theres so much potential for gaslighting here

Also the adapting to surviving in the wild by teaching chirpies to stay quiet when at risk is a cool bit of headcannon, i like it when people switch it up with something a little different :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

22 Likes

common mistake
causes misery to fluffies

Sounds like common sense to me.

7 Likes

Tiny little sweet things! I need!

5 Likes

I can see a market for quiet feral chippies

6 Likes

Shut up and give the little bastards their milkies!

I imagine if its that important to the breeder that the nurse mare in charge of raising them is less distressed, that a simple collar with a bluetooth speaker around the babies playing ‘regular’ fluffy babble would suffice. As I can imagine having a pet that talks but also does NOT babble endlessly like a typical fluffy would be in high demand, however, I would be educating the nurse mare on how these are ‘very good babbehs’ that know to be quiet when mommy and daddy aren’t around, and she would be wise to replicate the behavior more.

More potential for fun would be swapping two similar colored babies between a ‘wild’ fluffy clutch and a typical domestic fluffy’s brood ( making sure to bathe and scent the two babies so that neither mummah notices the swap until the behaviors begin ). Will the domestic babbeh be instantly eaten by their feral ‘mummah’? Will the feral foal be relentlessly bullied by its more numerous ‘siblings’ once they become convinced it is a ‘dummeh babbeh’? Let’s find out!

9 Likes

And the psychological warfare begins

4 Likes

I could use some quiet fluffies. Then again, silent babies fucking with a mare’s head would be hilarious.

2 Likes

I feel attacked!

1 Like

Train a mare on multiple batches of these “Practice babbehs” before letting her have some of her own, then when she has her own watch the panic as they won’t shut up and she doesn’t know what to do.

7 Likes

I really like this one to help hammer home the differences.

2 Likes

Little tiny orbs of fluff <3

3 Likes

Liking the world building and canons!

2 Likes

Cute, quiet little babies! Do this kind get SBS? Would that make them even quieter or really chatty?

1 Like

SBS babies would probably be eaten by their mummah.
But if raised by a non feral mummah, I imagine they would be even less responsive than regular feral chirpies, and would be easily mistaken for stillborns if not examined carefully.

4 Likes

Considering how loud and demanding they, including the fact they are garenteed to always be around the mummah, it may aswell be a lure for predators.

Feral mummah would almost certainly be smart enough to kill any SBS foals off quick before it gets the whole herd killed.

2 Likes

Gosh… a quiet, pretty, forever-foal kind of baby sounds like my ideal fluffy. Poor things. :black_heart:

When, if ever, do these little guys make noise? Part of the appeal of chirpies to me is, well, the chirping.