Winners of the Fluffies Take Flight theme competition

After ten days of debate, we now have your winners of our most recent Theme Competition.
(don’t you love how I just adjust the words I use and act like this was how we had planned it all along? I learned that from politicians.)

Our Three Winners are as follows.

Winner of the Bronze Badge: @Moesius for their absolutely stunning two pieces of art.
Well done Moesius!

Winner of the Silver Badge: @Dragonixa for her short comic and voiceover work
Excellent job, Nixy!

and finally
Winner of the Gold Badge: @anon81860662 for his absolutely stunning long-form comic.
We truly hope to see anon finish this, because it’s just incredible.
But until he returns, we’ll have to make do with this section of Pilot’s story.

Thank you to all 41 of you that participated in this month’s theme!
I never dreamed we might have so many participants.
We saw a lot of fun, cute, and utterly horrible ideas.
And no matter whether you are among the winners or the participants,
all of you have helped to make the community a more rich and vibrant place.
Thank you all for your submissions!

I hope you all find some inspiration in the next Theme Competition we hold,
which will be announced in just a few days!

A full list of the Fluffies Take Flight theme submissions can be found here

(and thank you for being patient while the results were tabulated.)

32 Likes

Congratulations! Great work everyone! And thanks for having this. I think that it helped push me creatively, which I appreciate :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I knew moesius was going to win the moment I saw his entry xD

8 Likes

With all the talent around here, you never know.

5 Likes

Same!

4 Likes

The honor is not in the victory or loss but the battle itself.

6 Likes

Congrats everyone! Theme week was fun :3

7 Likes

YEAAAAAAH MOESIUS LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

Congrats all! Hopeful to see more entries in the next theme… month? It was amazing to see everyone’s awesome entries. Congrats to the winners and good luck in the next theme week!!!

4 Likes

Eeek! Second place :smiley: Congratulations to everyone for incredible work! :heart:

8 Likes

Well, at least i was one of the quickest to make something! :joy:

If i remember correctly i was the second to post something to this themeweek!

But, it is fun seeing what other people make, when we all have the same thing to go from!

4 Likes

I like how @Moesius did such a great job but @Dragonixa and @anon81860662 managed to pull ahead. Very competitive and as part of the audience I win!! Everything was really good and fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck:

5 Likes

Congrats guys!

Isn’t that our community in a nutshell?

4 Likes

Congrats everyone :blush::clap:

3 Likes

So will future theme events not always have the option for the community to vote on their own set of winners? Just curious since I thought it was a nice touch to the previous theme at the end.

1 Like

There were too many participants this time to create a poll that includes them all.

3 Likes

Ah okay, that was something I thought would be the main case after posting that question. Thank you for clarifying.

2 Likes

This will probably not end well for me, but I’d rather say what I think even if I’m going through shitty times and not being active to the point of making any difference.
I truly believe the competitions should have an image and text category. As far as I can remember (And I may be wrong so don’t bring out the pitchforks and torches) I can’t remember a single competition where a text got at least 3rd place.
The community, and the internet as a whole, have always praised and loved the visual artists, people like me that try their best with words find our niche, sure, but we have a huge disadvantage on no category competitions like this one. Most users don’t like to read too much, and that’s ok, on the net as few words as you can use the best since everything is about being as immediate as possible.
I know this may only mean more work for the moderators, but could you at least think about this? I’d like to see writers having more of a presence, or at least a chance, among our community.

4 Likes

Well, last month it was a text post that took the top prize.
But I can see your point.

This month we didn’t have a ton of text entries,
but if we get enough text entries, we can definitely split the awards into the appropriate categories.

7 Likes

Congratulations @Dragonixa and @Moesius!!

6 Likes