Woody goes truffle sniffing (Artist: Carpdime) (Fb id: 58290)

78 Likes

One of the last images that Carpdime uploaded before Fluffybooru closed down at the end of September 2020. This image was also the third out of three images that Carpdime did about fluffies being raised as part of a rural lifestyle. Woody here, in particular, was developed to sniff out truffles, much like how pigs are used to do so.

This image was uploaded as Woody will be introduced in an ucpming chapter of Avocado

10 Likes

Im confused is this account actually run by carpdime?

2 Likes

It is. However, I was the one who uploaded this particular image. That said, and speaking as an admin, I have the ability to transfer ownership control of content to a specific account, which I do for all my reuploads of Carpdime’s content. (I do the same for all reuploaded content where the creator has made an account on this site. If they haven’t, they’d be place under Archivist or one of the numerous archive accounts)

4 Likes

Ah right. Thank you

2 Likes

Why didn’t I ever think of something like this? I’ve already established that fluffies in my headcanon have an excellent sense of smell.

Fuck, this just gave me a good idea: I’ve got police fluffies… why not drug sniffer fluffies?

1 Like

Urban areas lend themselves more to Abuse since Fluffies would survive worse outdoors, have far less things to damage, and lack of concentrated tightly divided land means lawn invasions aren’t really a thing since you could go a year without even noticing a small Herd and even then probably just ignore them since there’s always animals making noise and leaving muck anyway. There’s also a certain feel that is hard to capture and lots of quirks of country life are needed to sell the realism of the lifestyle, things like boot scrapers at the door or the actual need for firewood, plus that kind of crispy silence in cold months or padded stirring in warmer ones. Writing for rural areas is a bit harder because there’s far more things to establish, an urban home needs little description and the place of work isn’t necessary but in the country its tied to the entire lifestyle.

It goes from short story to novel pretty fast.

1 Like

There’s probably a reason that feral fluffies favor the city. More humans = more potential nyu daddehs.

2 Likes

True. Stronger programming=follow the cars back to the city when they get pushed out by territorial fights by which time enough have been killed that there is unclaimed streets again.

Weaker programming=more free will=leave the city, get adopted or ignored by folks living a simple life in a trailer or cabin.

I feel like a truffle fluffy would actually be better than a pig, since it can communicate with the owner. You’d probably have to beat the crap out of it to stop it from eating the truffles though.

1 Like

Not necessarily. Just offer it sketties for truffles. Abuse is fun, but it’s rarely pragmatic.

2 Likes

Imagine a drug sniffer fluffy that ended up getting addicted. That would be pretty funny.

2 Likes

Rural areas would likely have a larger proportion of firearms. I can certainly imagine fluffies being used as target practice by farmers or victims of IEDs constructed by bored rednecks.

1 Like

I wrote a story to that effect. I do think its an interesting idea!