Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

Depends on headcanon

Also depends on headcanon.

I disagree. Granted, I am speaking as a hugboxer, but, just pointing that out.

2 Likes

We can agree or disagree, nevertheless we’re just stating our opinions and having fun talking about our topic. No need to be the one to win the argument, we’re all on good terms here

2 Likes

why bother responding if all you do is dismiss everything we all know you have nothing to add everything and nothing is a fluffy to you

1 Like

My 2 cents.

Why? Because they’d hurt a fluffy? A furry tamagotchi? As I said earlier, the price of a fluffy decides its value. If it’s cheap as hell, it would probably be used in many ways, especially cheap entertainment, where blood and gore is the key to get reactions/emotions out of the audience.

With mass production, every facet of a being is commodified. Even it’s pain and suffering. At first it would be shocking, but then after a while most people would not care at all. This is where many headcanons are now. Violence/abuse against fluffies are normalized due to their abhorrent nature and their negative impact on their surroundings. I surmise that it would be the same in IRL if we ever had the misfortune of being sieged by billions and billions of fluffies.

2 Likes

oculus is getting baited

2 Likes

Its one of the many reasons why I’m a hugboxer, and I’m focused on hugbox. The reality is that there were people who openly had that kind of mentality in the history of the booru. Below was a discussion involving nasir, the author of Maroon, and one of the earliest abusers, Gingerfig:

And @anon17213083 mentioned that Herdking became more obsessed with one note abuse before his disappearance.

Over time, this mentality resulted in the creation of hellgremlins, as well as the overall harassment of hugboxers by abusers. It extends even to this day, when the recent Hugmas event on the subreddit got affected by abusers bothered by it. Its easy to say “be civil” but, and truth is, the fandom has attracted many uncivil elements that I attribute to the nature of abuse, as well as the overemphasis on grimdark elements.

I do believe in advocating for “enjoying what you want”. Thats why I don’t go on abuse images and post hugbox comments, or pick random fights with abusers. I do have a problem though, when abusers try to push the abuse headcanon as the “only” headcanon. Because my interest in fluffies, as it was with many hugboxers and some neutralboxers, was in the different ideas that fluffies could bring. And sometimes, some of us just want to enjoy a cute image of a neotenic animal. Thats what Art-anon got out of it, thats what MarcusMaximus got out of it, and thats what I get out of it.

7 Likes

Except this isn’t reality; it’s pure fiction. Fluffies could fly if you wanted them to, it’s purely up to your imagination how they behave and how you fictionally choose to treat these fictional creatures.

I, personally, would never in a million years abuse an animal. But, sometimes I like to indulge in fluffy abuse because it’s NOT REAL. If they were, I’d never abuse one; discipline, yes. But never abuse. That’s the beauty of fiction, you can do things you’re not capable of doing IRL.

9 Likes

of courses all that is just your head cannon

2 Likes

True, I was talking from the hypothetical standpoint that if they were real, and having some thoughts on why some would abuse the fluffies and most people wouldn’t bat an eye on it except due to public health concerns.

My guesstimate is that industrial sadbox and occasional abuse would be the norm, just due to the influence such a creature would have. Since industrial sadbox is already pretty much the norm in the real world with regards to modern husbandry and food production.

It seems to really rile up people that these things would be mistreated if they did walk around, why?

4 Likes

The problem with discussing “what would we do if fluffies were real” is the fact that different artists and writers have different ideas on fluffies. Something as simple as “what do fluffies look like” has no definite answer - so many people have different ideas on how fluffies. should look. Hell, I based my main written series on how different each fluffy artstyle could look.

From there, it becomes the question of asking to what extent are fluffies a problem, or if they are even a “problem” within the universe the artist or writer is depicting. I know Waggytail never obsessed about fluffy as vermin, and even openly explored them as an ownable pet.

I really feel like it just becomes an excuse to explore some deep-seated preference for abuse and torture. Granted, not all abuse-centric artists or neutralboxers go that far - Shadysmarty once did a comic about fluffies being a pest but, after a while, they were mostly eradicated, and the last remaining feral family in a city dies to accidental abuse. It was a gory story, but the beauty of it was that, even though it showed a period where abuse was openly allowed, the primary action was focused on uncaring, oblivious accidental abuse.

I think its because of their nature as a neotenic animal with sapient/sentient qualities. As Vaught mentioned to me earlier in this topic, there’s a lot of disturbing implications regarding fluffies, especially if one humanizes them (which I do). I think the implications of fluffies are interesting from a science-fiction and specualtive angle, but I find that these ideas are heavily marred when some edgy and grimdark people are in it only to jack off to the blood and gore

4 Likes

I can see where you’re coming from and the hugbox content is very much appreciated. For example: even though my headcanon is extremely bleak I do like looking at hugbox from time to time, to see that sometimes there is a happy ending.

In fact, hugbox is a natural compliment to abusebox as it allows for a wider array of emotions to be felt by the reader towards these creatures.

3 Likes

I think because people equate how you would treat a fictional creature with how you would treat actual animals, like dogs or cats. People are really passionate about animals, often more-so than humans because animals are pure and innocent and very frequently are victims of genuine sickos.

I was concerned about this too when I initially discovered the community, but it became clear to me that, at a minimum, 95% of the community would never dream of hurting a real animal. That made me warm-up to the idea of “justified abuse”, because fluffies really can be little assholes to a degree that no animal on Earth can.

That’s my opinion.

4 Likes

If it was a rare variant like an alicorn or one of Turboenculator’s cannibal fluffs: like a highly loved pet.

If it was anything else: I would get a hammer and redacted and if it’s a herd (I like gardening, it upsets me when I hear about how greedy and invasive ferals are), I would leave any foals with stallions that have been fed redacted. That’d be a fun afternoon.

1 Like

Yes: the lab is faster.

They’re both genetic manipulation that can result in an entirely new organism. The only difference is relying on random mutation vs modifying the genes directly.

2 Likes

no a new organism has never been made by breading even our genetic manipulation can not make a new organism

1 Like

In regards to mass production: that doesn’t justify torturing something with some level of self-awareness. Human life is cheap, and there are many points in history were one group of people committed heinous acts against another under similar justification. Or animals with ________ baiting and animal blood sports.

Also: real pests with little to no redeeming qualities are exterminated with impunity every day. Look at rats: they’re a fairly popular pet, and they’re also a disease carrying pest with no redeeming qualities. “Pest control” for rats is socially acceptable and necessary, but torturing them is a sign that someone is sick in the head.

6 Likes

I wondered about that

2 Likes

I always thought that fluffies were kind of like rats, negligible in undeveloped rural areas, annoying in farm lands and a full blown pest in urban environments, lack of predators plus simple problem solving skills and the ability to speak? Yeah you are going to need to do something.

4 Likes

I recognize your points and thank you for your views.

1 Like

Did you just agree with yourself my dude?

3 Likes