Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

Like let’s just say you have a fluffy you actually care about (har har har) would you treat it more like a dog or like a young child. On one hand they crap in a litter box, eat kibble from bowls on the floor and are sexually mature with adult libidos. On the other they have childlike interests and personalities, and can speak and learn new words. Would it be better for the fluffy to feed it healthy meals like you would a child and treat it as such? Or would that be the level of crazy that people get to where they throw Bar Mitzvah’s for their Cat and fuss over the cake?
What about punishments? People seem to punish their fluffies more like kids than like pets, including spanking and time outs that are usually not given to dogs. Does the fact this happens mean that maybe you should treat them more like kids?
No abuse because you can theoretically abuse both a pet or a kid.

24 Likes

Neither they are toys

14 Likes

you’d be surprised how effective spankings and time-outs are on dogs.

12 Likes

Epic post, never expected that one chief!

@dragon_not_found You spank your dog? Usually when it’s physical it’s a one off stimulus for purely pavlovian conditioning rather than for children where it’s meant to incite guilt.

9 Likes

and throw 'em in a crate.

6 Likes

i fkn knew you would say that

6 Likes

Throw or put? There’s a big difference between the two.

6 Likes

put. hey, i dont actually throw an Irish wolfhound or a pit bull

5 Likes

If you did it might eat you

4 Likes

More like a pet I’d say because you’d own them like a pet and they’re not human. But I guess I’d also treat them someway in between a pet and a child because they can talk.

7 Likes

it’s a good thing im a rock.

3 Likes

A mix of both honestly. They’re pets for sure, but they still have people like quality.

6 Likes

It’s the only right answer they are not pets or children they are toys your simple narrow minded view limits what a fluffy is to just a talking dog or four legged child

4 Likes

Both things can be toys, to the emperor Commodus both of us would most likely also be toys. The question is what game can you get the maximum use value out of it in the same way you aren’t using a toy truck to it’s maximum value by stacking it on another.

6 Likes

personally, I would say a mixture of both with an emphasis on the children’s side of the question. they have both pet needs and child needs, but because their brain functions mostly like a human child, i think the relationship must be corresponding

7 Likes

If cheap ($10)
I’d probably treat it as a house plant/ornament. Feed it, care for it so it won’t die. Generally keep it around as something to spruce up the place with colour. Would probably engage minimally with it, but give it stuff so that it least doesnt get overly depressed. I’d probably dispose of it once it starts causing problems and get a new one. Not worth using my time when I can just buy a new one and start from scratch.

If expensive ($250)
I’d be more inclined to follow up to the little rascals, since I’ve payed somewhat a hefty price means I’m more invested in it. Granted, then I’d probably would be doing breeding as a hobby project which would let me invest more time into the little fluffballs. My dealings would be from an interest to see what they would produce.

IRL I care for my plants by watering and pruning them and putting them in the sunlight, that doesn’t mean I’m emotionally invested in them.

4 Likes

It’s strange hearing speeches about narrow mindedness from a man who accepts only his views on fluffies

7 Likes

That’s kinda chilling actually that it’s value is determined by it’s price rather than it’s ability to interact and understand.

5 Likes

id have 2 say kind in the middle, while they r a pet/toy they r also sentiant and child like, so id guess id punish them baised on what they do, feed them healthy but treat them 2 something like sketti once in a while. like i said they r animals but they think, they feel, they love, they want to learn and they fear like a child/human does but they also seem to want to please their owners like a pet.

5 Likes

It is the reality of life. Everything gets a price tag.

5 Likes