Would you treat a fluffy like a kid or like a pet? (No abuse answers)

I mean I’m pretty sure he’s just shitposting right?

4 Likes

probably

2 Likes

There’s a line between SP and just not getting it.

2 Likes

That has nothing to do whit what I said it matters not what we do but what a fluffy can not do and that is do anything it was not programmed to do

1 Like

Nah, this shit has made theologians and philosophers uncomfortable for centuries. You’re dodging the burden of proof, this is now about humans.

4 Likes

I do the same too, but I find that I can only dote on certain fluffies more than others. Of course, I’m not an abuser and stricly against it, but there are some fluffies that I have more of a vested interest in (like Avocado, Plum, Dr. Crazystein and others) over the average “pwease kine mistah fwuffy onway wan nyu housie for babbehs” fluffy.

That said, I can’t think of Avocado the same way I would for, say, Plum, or the protagonist of what I call Carpdime’s a life of her own. To me, Avocado is meant to be a domestic and, even if he matures, I could see him benefitting or working better within a human society. The same would not apply to a fluffy thats used to be a feral, or has developed his/her/its own life independent of the humans. There’s something more mature, adult and dangerous about it, and yet, a bit more respectable. In the case of a fluffy like that, especially one that would rather not live with humans, I’d gladly let them have their own space. I wouldn’t treat those fluffies as children nor pets.

4 Likes

That is what I said to him it has to act like something that all ready exists

Yet you follow hivecanon to get your dopamine surges. Once again more premade concepts.

6 Likes

They call premade concept lore in stories or else all discussion is point less if their is no concept to discuss

3 Likes

Kinda hard considering the line is quite blurry nowdays. Pets and kids has basically the same needs, food, entertaining, affection, sleep , etc. Both also learn by the award/punishment method, both can coop and both can trow tantrums depending on their personality. So fluffies might be a third addition to this.

4 Likes

What it’s called doesn’t change the fact. Is someone who was raised as a biblical literalist surrounded by other biblical literalists not programmed, or a rational atheist with no actual understanding of science for that matter besides what tv told them?

7 Likes

I like to think all fluffies are built to trigger the protection instinct, like how I want to hug lions even though I know they’re dangerous. In my view, the precision with which it was executed is what causes the abuse effect- like how the song Photograph is so engineered to radio rock perfection that people absolutely hate it. The song is too perfect, too fake. Fluffies are too cute for some people to handle in my HC.

Ferals then enter an uncanny valley where the body is shaped like a friend, but the behavior would be wild animal. Like I’ve had pet mice, but it’s not like discovering a new friend when I found wild ones in my cabinets. I want to believe that feral fluffies would develop basic architecture and would therefore build little fairy castles in the woods to play out their petty court drama.

5 Likes

@NekuChan
The difference is that kids can grow up to become human adults. I’ve experienced this firsthand.

Pets aren’t the same, but there is a difference between baby pets and adult pets.

Fluffies are somewhere in between, though I find that the utility of a fluffy is dependent on headcanon. Artists like Carpdime, Waggytaila dn yehdoo have explored fluffies have a role in society, much like pets, and I think an adult fluffy would be a more advanced pet in that regard, by virtue of their ability to learn in a humanlike manner.

5 Likes

Easy. He learned it from me :sunglasses:

4 Likes

They can change their preconceived views ,a fluffy can not it will always default to what it was programmed to know

1 Like

I suppose that makes sense, but isn’t it limiting for potential stories? To force a fluffy to always be the same no matter what, a completely stagnant character for no ability to improve or fail?

6 Likes

or are they? there is no programming that can’t be broken

3 Likes

So do we, until the other view becomes the default. You see very touchy about this.

4 Likes

I choose not to take fluffy stories so seriously that I feel the need to have philosophical debates about them.

9 Likes

You seem redundant in your argument man can not think unless he does man can not change unless he dose than that change proves man can not think unless he does and round and round you go

2 Likes