Writing Prompt Time

Hey y’all, it’s time for a completely uninvited and uninspired writing prompt for any one to partake in.

Here’s how do, you post here that you’re interested. The person before you picks an album for you, and this is the source of inspiration for the story you write. Then you pick the album for the next person.

There’s only a few qualifications:

1. Whole albums please, not a track from here and a track from there.
  2. Music albums are intended, so no Audubon Society bird call records, or the collected speeches of Newt Gingrich, or something silly like that.
  3. Please wait a while if you want to do more than one go.

Since I’m starting out and therefore have nobody to pick for me, I’ve gone in and pulled a random album from my vinyl collection.

3 Likes

Shakey graves: Can’t wake up
0018110158_16

1 Like

Well now I hafta get that album.

1 Like

I love shakey, heard him at red rocks😁

1 Like

You want in on this? I’ve got an album choice on standby for the next person to do a story in this.

1 Like

Heck yeah I want in.

1 Like

Your album is:

The Alan Parsons Project - I, Robot (1977)

2 Likes

And I give you the shakey album.

1 Like

I’ll do it in addition to the Tull album, once I get the current writing out of the way. Doing Webguide 11 right now and then i’ll do the music prompts.

2 Likes

So, if I understand correctly, I write a story based on the last album left in the comments, and in return I leave a music album?

1 Like

Well you’d get an album from Somethingcheeky, write a story to that, then when the next person wants to write, you give them an album.

They’ve given me one as well but that’s just because I’m starting out, so there wasn’t anyone to give me a starter album.

1 Like

Alright then, I’d like one album from Somethingcheeky please! Chef’s finest

Should I wait for the next person to ask to join or can I leave my album now?

1 Like

You can go either way, it’s entirely up to personal choice.

1 Like

Do I send another one?

Yes please, I’d be grateful

1 Like

Then I bestow apon you, Flying microtonal banana from King gizzard and the Wizard lizard.

2 Likes

By the way, are there restrictions to what I can choose for my album? To put it more bluntly, can it be a soundtrack from a movie or a video game - got plenty of individual artists, too, but still

2 Likes

Looks like the only specifications are that it has to be a full MUSIC album, so an album from a game or movie should work as long as it’s the whole thing. And as long as it’s not a single.

2 Likes

Soundtracks are fine, it just needs to be a published album of music.

2 Likes

To anyone interested in the writing prompt after me, here’s my album: The Oh Hellos - Dear Wormwood. Found it last year and I love it to bits

3 Likes